Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Met Summer Banter

HoarfrostHubb

1 minute ago, klw said:

21 minutes they make the pitch.  I deny it, soon to come is the "Are you sure? it is a great deal"

Ooh they gave me the "are you sure, here is an even lower cost option",  next they will try to confirm me for that despite my denials.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, klw said:

I am 18 minutes into trying to cancel a free trial account with Sirius.  We are about to reach the moment where they offer to lower the price.

I had the same experience. After a while, they offered the lower price and I declined, saying if you offered it right up front, you would have kept a customer. Canceled and never resubscribed. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, klw said:

I am 18 minutes into trying to cancel a free trial account with Sirius.  We are about to reach the moment where they offer to lower the price.

i listen to XM pretty much every day. I have the highest subscription. every year at renewal time I call and tell them that I want to cancel. every single time they offer the same subscription at around half price. works every time and saves me $100/year

• Like 2

I enjoy the subscriptions when I have them but my last commute it was frequently blocked my mountains on my commute so I cancelled.  When I signed up again for 3 months free I thought it was for the car but it was just a streaming account which I just don't use often enough to justify the expense.  Now I have a new commute I may sign up for the car again when they send me a new offer for that as I think it should be better reception on this route.  Plus my regular car antenna is not working well at the moment- I think a mouse chewed the connecting wire- so I am driving 168 miles a day with CDs as the primary listening.

5 minutes ago, klw said:

I enjoy the subscriptions when I have them but my last commute it was frequently blocked my mountains on my commute so I cancelled.  When I signed up again for 3 months free I thought it was for the car but it was just a streaming account which I just don't use often enough to justify the expense.  Now I have a new commute I may sign up for the car again when they send me a new offer for that as I think it should be better reception on this route.  Plus my regular car antenna is not working well at the moment- I think a mouse chewed the connecting wire- so I am driving 168 miles a day with CDs as the primary listening.

I have it in both vehicles and a house account on my Russound/Casa Tunes system.

• Thanks 1

yeah, I seriously have been bugged for some time with thoughts about 'unplugging'

COMCAST is arrogantly got the world by the ballz - or think they do. Are they aware there are other options? 

I just think their circuitry is unevolving and almost pure profit - I don't like orgs that just collect. The feckless nature of capitalism won't reduce prices in that state.  The infrastructure is/has been in place, for some time. They do nothing that isn't software related ...and only roll-out minor changes that are over marketed but do nothing to enhance or improve jack shit.  And infrequently to justify the average bill of 200 ( say ) $ per household, combined with untold business packages?  I mean spanning some 200 million entities -

They are a multi billion dollar gaping greed maw masquerading as a telecom service/organization and I would love to just stop throwing money into their throat. 

Obviously I'm being hyperbolic in jest and complaint to some degree...

I have freinds that have cut ties.  They went to another means to get good web service into the home, and then rely on that to service news to entertainment.  Their lives - they've told me - were unchanged and nothing missed.  That's part of the 'big cable' delusion - they seem to benefit from a kind of abstract fear that people/orgs/society et al have that they will 'miss out.'     None of these cats miss games in sports. They know when bombs go off in cafes ... what celebrity o.d.ed, or stately figure or 'nobleman' got accused of rape, in the same space as anyone else. 

And the key is, they spend like 10... 20% of the previous conglomerate dependency model is/was.  Jesus..why haven't I done this yet.

When my wife and I rented our condo 3 years ago, we signed up for YouTube tv. It was awesome and only like $35 a month when we got it. It was obviously still fairly new and not as well known. Between that and WiFi, we were only spending like 75$ a month for internet and tv.

Naturally, as more people went to it, the price has gone up and quality has gone down. A couple of my friends have tried it, and say it sucks now.

At the end of the day; with the price of streaming services and other subscriptions it’s probably just cheaper to keep cable. Our cable bill is like $185 a month with Verizon fios. That split with my parents downstairs in the in-law; it’s not bad 

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

The Omega Strain -

wait 'till this thing works its way through the entire Greek alphabet ... look out!  Cuz of course, it's much more dramatic and saleable than the boring old familar A-B-C's that way so its gotta be extra super scary

It would be a big letdown if a truly fear inducing strain pops up and they don't give it the moniker the Andromeda strain

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

yeah, I seriously have been bugged for some time with thoughts about 'unplugging'

COMCAST is arrogantly got the world by the ballz - or think they do. Are they aware there are other options? 

I just think their circuitry is unevolving and almost pure profit - I don't like orgs that just collect. The feckless nature of capitalism won't reduce prices in that state.  The infrastructure is/has been in place, for some time. They do nothing that isn't software related ...and only roll-out minor changes that are over marketed but do nothing to enhance or improve jack shit.  And infrequently to justify the average bill of 200 ( say ) $ per household, combined with untold business packages?  I mean spanning some 200 million entities -

They are a multi billion dollar gaping greed maw masquerading as a telecom service/organization and I would love to just stop throwing money into their throat. 

Obviously I'm being hyperbolic in jest and complaint to some degree...

I have freinds that have cut ties.  They went to another means to get good web service into the home, and then rely on that to service news to entertainment.  Their lives - they've told me - were unchanged and nothing missed.  That's part of the 'big cable' delusion - they seem to benefit from a kind of abstract fear that people/orgs/society et al have that they will 'miss out.'     None of these cats miss games in sports. They know when bombs go off in cafes ... what celebrity o.d.ed, or stately figure or 'nobleman' got accused of rape, in the same space as anyone else. 

And the key is, they spend like 10... 20% of the previous conglomerate dependency model is/was.  Jesus..why haven't I done this yet.

I moved to YouTubeTV which was great then the price went up and they lost NESN... so not as good of a deal.  But even cutting the cord- I still pay ComCast for their internet and their router- which I need to just buy one- any one got any good recommendations? I digress... a TV streaming option is cheaper by far with the same features. I would recommend it.

34 minutes ago, RedSky said:

It would be a big letdown if a truly fear inducing strain pops up and they don't give it the moniker the Andromeda strain

Ive seen that movie at least 7 times. At sone point we’ll all have to go in a sterilizing room and get all our hair and top layer of skin burned off sans the hood they got to wear. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Ive seen that movie at least 7 times. At sone point we’ll all have to go in a sterilizing room and get all our hair and top layer of skin burned off sans the hood they got to wear. 

Yeah that's going to suck at the entrance of Wal Mart ughh

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Lava Rock said:

Back to masks nationwide in order to get into Home Depot. Just another couple months away from the 1st lockdown. Don't say it can't happen. Sick of this crap.

no lockdowns-not much political capital left for that plus it will just encourage people to gather in private homes which is actually worse than having stores/restaurants open

6 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

no lockdowns-not much political capital left for that plus it will just encourage people to gather in private homes which is actually worse than having stores/restaurants open

I really am not sure and would not bet on this. There's a huge agenda with this that goes beyond public health. Sorry I sound cynical and maybe conspiratorial, but every week that goes by makes me question more what's going on and makes me angrier.

• Like 2
  • Weenie 1

1 minute ago, Lava Rock said:

I really am not sure and would not bet on this. There's a huge agenda with this that goes beyond public health. Sorry I sound cynical and maybe conspiratorial, but every week that goes by makes me question more what's going on and makes me angrier.

Still a lot of people (hate to call them dopes...) who actually still think if we just vax all the toddlers ASAP the gubmint will let us go back to 2019. I have noticed more of them are waking up now and realizing that isn't true.

• Weenie 1

2 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Still a lot of people (hate to call them dopes...) who actually still think if we just vax all the toddlers ASAP the gubmint will let us go back to 2019. I have noticed more of them are waking up now and realizing that isn't true.

I'd doubt they vaxx toddlers anytime soon-maybe 5 and up...