Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Met Summer Banter

HoarfrostHubb

1 minute ago, tunafish said:

"A recent study out of Singapore: PCR cycle threshold (Ct) values were similar between both vaccinated and unvaccinated groups at diagnosis, but viral loads decreased faster in vaccinated individuals!
Vaccines make you LESS infectious!"

Study: https://t.co/8CHUIHMo98
Source: https://twitter.com/sailorrooscout/status/1421499506311548931

More push back against the CDC claim that vaccinated individuals can transmit Delta variant due to similar viral load as unvaccinated individuals:
https://twitter.com/j_g_allen/status/1421435916816637960
No Twitter link:
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1421435916816637960.html

^ an interesting unreported aspect about the July 4th Ptown cluster is that 85% of cases are men. Yet even during its gayest week, Ptown is not 85% male tourists. IE, kissing (& sex) may have been a factor driving the outbreak.

TL;DR vaxxed people are less infectious than unvaxxed.

The PCR test is trash. 

• Thanks 1

Found this to be an interesting article regarding the Provincetown outbreak that seemed to have a big impact in the CDC's new recommendations.  Sorry if it's already been posted

https://inguyun.medium.com/the-provincetown-outbreak-is-actually-good-news-if-you-are-vaccinated-93a1edd763b6

"Now, let’s look at the numbers. While Barnstable County overall has a 69% vaccination rate, Provincetown itself is 95% vaccinated. The demographics of the visitors — predominantly liberal gay men, a minority of liberal lesbians, and a further minority of liberal straight folks — is also likely to be close to 95% vaccinated. This was certainly true at the guest house where I stayed, and the one indoor show I attended, where everyone was vaccinated. Unfortunately too many people assumed that it was 100% all the time.

There were 60,000 visitors to Provincetown during the period in question. That would translate to 57,000 vaccinated folks and 3,000 unvaccinated folks.
How many tested positive for Covid? Current reports say about 750 vaccinated folks and 250 unvaccinated.

This means that 750/57000 vaccinated folks tested positive, or 1.3%. 250/3000 unvaccinated folks tested positive, or 8.3%. Being vaccinated gave you a more than 6-fold protection against Covid than being unvaccinated. This is similar to the protection figures published in the early spring of 2021, before the Delta variant had any impact in this country.

What about the hospitalizations? 6 vaccinated cases were hospitalized, out of 950 cases. That’s 0.6% of cases. Historically, 5% of Covid cases have resulted in hospitalization in the US. That’s a nine-fold improvement!"

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Ha , quite a deal different than when we were given salt tabs during the heat in doubles in August 

I thought about pushing through and attempting to make a practice squad instead of retiring. Camp is what ultimately made it an easy decision not to. I hated summer camp. Now that it's so much easier, I probably would have tried to give it a go.

10 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

It's interesting to now see people who preached "follow the science moron!" since March 2020 now finally starting to question the prevailing CDC/WH narratives. The unvaccinated have been questioning them all along, and people literally wished death on us as a result of that.

It’s best not to spend too much time delving into the human psyche , thru thousands of years of history  whenever our emotions are poked and prodded for ratings and/ or for Any countries governments to adjust our opinions ...there is a long line of lackluster and ugly results . We are not often too far from violence , ignorance (somewhat independent of education or IQ) ..especially when it becomes socially less looked down upon. Human nature hasn’t changed . We are very susceptible to encouraged division .

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

It's interesting to now see people who preached "follow the science moron!" since March 2020 now finally starting to question the prevailing CDC/WH narratives. The unvaccinated have been questioning them all along, and people literally wished death on us as a result of that.

congrats on post 666 in thread.

• Thanks 1
  • Weenie 2

1 hour ago, tunafish said:

^ an interesting unreported aspect about the July 4th Ptown cluster is that 85% of cases are men. Yet even during its gayest week, Ptown is not 85% male tourists. IE, kissing (& sex) may have been a factor driving the outbreak.

This is what Ive suspected all along. No judgment. But that’s what happens. My step brother is gay and is a frequent visitor out there. He told me a few days ago he thought using a p-town outbreak to make CDC policy is terrible.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

This is what Ive suspected all along. No judgment. But that’s what happens. My step brother is gay and is a frequent visitor out there. He told me a few days ago he thought using a p-town outbreak to make CDC policy is terrible.

The CDC really has lost the plot if that's truly all they used. I assume they are also looking at the data from Israel on the Pfizer vax, though. If all they used to make such a far-reaching announcement was some COVID numbers from a gay orgy weekend, I am not sure what to even say about that... LOL

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

No doubt about that. I was in town for about 10 days leading up to the 4th and it was absolutely mobbed. Hard to think of a better way for a virus to spread than packed bars, little ventilation, terrible weather, etc. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

It’s best not to spend too much time delving into the human psyche , thru thousands of years of history  whenever our emotions are poked and prodded for ratings and/ or for Any countries governments to adjust our opinions ...there is a long line of lackluster and ugly results . We are not often too far from violence , ignorance (somewhat independent of education or IQ) ..especially when it becomes socially less looked down upon. Human nature hasn’t changed . We are very susceptible to encouraged division .

I’m not sure the CDC or WH are even following the science though. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DotRat_Wx said:

I thought about pushing through and attempting to make a practice squad instead of retiring. Camp is what ultimately made it an easy decision not to. I hated summer camp. Now that it's so much easier, I probably would have tried to give it a go.

The receivers are learning the route tree this week. He’s gonna be a tired mofo when I go pick him up 

• Like 2