Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Met Summer Banter

HoarfrostHubb

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah that’s not murder.  That’s trying to look too hard into something.

Things like heat exhaustion or hypothermia come on subtly and slowly… they trick the brain, you get confused.  When family is like no way, so and so would’ve called for help… happens all the time.  The person doesn’t realize it’s happening.  Like when it happens on Mt Washington… he never called for help, but they found him bootless in January and looking like he laid down for a nap.

“Investigators say they expect Tramonte died of heat exposure and that foul play is not expected.

Tramonte’s friends say the details surrounding her death don’t add up because she always carries a phone and would have called someone if she was sick. 

“She did not die of heat exhaustion,” Gerardi added. “I just know it.”

An autopsy is being performed to determine an official cause of death.

The officer who was with Tramonte is said to be cooperating with the investigation.“

Yeah… I don’t have any insider information, but looks pretty cut and dry to me.

10 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

The kind of place I am talking about looks like this:

image.png.e7131cb427006b19ef2f5aca3b6f7aea.png

The guy making the pizza looks like this:

depositphotos_64654967-stock-video-man-c

Buys only the cheapest ingredients from Sisco and supplements them with local supermarket brand when it’s on sale.

That was the local Italian place I dishwashed for when I was 15 and 16.  Nothing but the cheapest ingredients but people ate there like it was flown in from Italy.

3 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

I definitely know the kind of place you guys mean. One just opened down here closer to the beach towns that is doing the gourmet brick-oven thing. 12" pizzas with all organic ingredients, local artisan cheeses, arugula, imported olive oil, heirloom tomatoes, etc. $20+

The kind of place I am talking about looks like this:

image.png.e7131cb427006b19ef2f5aca3b6f7aea.png

The guy making the pizza looks like this:

depositphotos_64654967-stock-video-man-c

Don’t disrespect the pizza parlor.

I can’t be seen in here anymore. 

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

Buys only the cheapest ingredients from Sisco and supplements them with local supermarket brand when it’s on sale.

That was the local Italian place I dishwashed for when I was 15 and 16.  Nothing but the cheapest ingredients but people are there like it was flown in from Italy.

It's the best bet when you need to get 10 cheese pizzas to feed your son's little league team after a game though. LOL

43 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Lol 

My wife went out with her sister and I didn’t have shyte in the house to eat. Kids wanted to go to burger king. Yeah, I know.

Anyhow. 2 whoppers, 1 chicken sandwich, 2 chocolate shakes and a water. $39 bucks. For frickin hamburgers and fries. 

Yea but I am intrigued by the new Bacon and Garlic King. Chock full of crispy, fried garlic slivers. I love garlic but that may too over the top for me. 

1 minute ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

God, sounds pretty awful. I like garlic, but not like that. 

Yeah, I saw the commercial as I was couch potatoing it because of rain yesterday. I said I was intrigued, not that I’ve had it yet. I’d hate to have my love of garlic and burgers ruined by something like that. 

Just now, Lava Rock said:

I hate how bartenders are all mixologists now. Just a way to charge $15+ for a basic mixed drink

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

$22 for a Tito’s and lemonade at the Bank of NH Pavilion when I was there last week. $14 for a tall boy PBR and $16 for a White Claw. Crazy prices 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Tolland Death Band said:

Hot pot is a modified Korean style, found all over asia, it’s a hot dome shaped grill with various meats that you cook yourself and have lots of veggies and sauces you can add

There are styles of that all over, but some very authentic ones here in the city. I go by someone I know who is Chinese and he’s never been wrong IMO. I got into it on my own. I bought a hot pot and get what I need at an Asian grocery store. It’s really good and fun with a group of people. 

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

There are styles of that all over, but some very authentic ones here in the city. I go by someone I know who is Chinese and he’s never been wrong IMO. I got into it on my own. I bought a hot pot and get what I need at an Asian grocery store. It’s really good and fun with a group of people. 

We used to do it at work a few times a year a few years ago. Kinda stopped when one of the Chinese’s ladies left my department.  

1 hour ago, forkyfork said:

to be fair i hardly ever eat it

The old-school Italian style pizza from Boston is good.  Also some excellent brick oven thin crust. 
New York and Connecticut have some damn good pizza.

There’s also a lot of mediocre pizza in New England these days.  I’ve never been a fan of the thick crust Greek style pizza. Lots of that around.

1 minute ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

The old-school Italian style pizza from Boston is good.  Also some excellent brick oven thin crust. 

There’s also a lot of mediocre pizza in New England these days.  I’ve never been a fan of the thick crust Greek style pizza. Lots of that around.

Yes. Not a fan either, but some places have decent Greek style pizza.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

That thick junk is like eating cake.

I like the thin stuff.But a lot of pizza around just swims in grease. Blech

11 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

That thick junk is like eating cake.

I like the thin stuff.But a lot of pizza around just swims in grease. Blech

I agree, I like a tangy properly seasoned tomato sauce and only light to moderate amounts of blended cheeses. 
I can’t stand an inch thick layer of cheese that you need to sop oil off with a napkin.

57 minutes ago, mreaves said:

$22 for a Tito’s and lemonade at the Bank of NH Pavilion when I was there last week. $14 for a tall boy PBR and $16 for a White Claw. Crazy prices 

Same prices Boston. You could offer a keg of PBR for $14 and I would say, thanks but no. And I'm no beer snob. Only thing nastier is Old Style at Wrigley Field. Affectionately known as Dog Style.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, kdxken said:

Same prices Boston. You could offer a keg of PBR for $14 and I would say, thanks but no. And I'm no beer snob. Only thing nastier is Old Style at Wrigley Field. Affectionately known as Dog Style.

I was on driving duty so no drinks for me. Felt better about that when I saw the prices. 

• Haha 1