Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Met Summer Banter

HoarfrostHubb

11 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

received_370810337947841.jpeg

mm... this represents a disconcerting question, perhaps lack of  'projection' ability in an abstract area of population "repulse dynamics"  - whatever the f one wants to call it. 

What this will cause is surge in disgruntled ..eventually even violence, as people begin to feel violated on multiple levels, and then ostracized after the fact then becomes persecution - at an unconscious sort of level ... it's a quagmire of backfire risk there.

But, the man is suspect over the last 9 months of narcissistic personality tendencies so, makes sense that he might forward this kind of "sensitive" projection.

• Like 1

Just got my car inspected. Been going to the same place for years. I stopped using them as a.mechanic a few years ago because he got too expensive but my new mechanic doesn’t do inspections. I was put out with this guy last year because he flunked me for tires. They were “ok” but he flunked me anyway. Joke was on him. I went to my other guy, got the tires and went back.

Anyhoo. I took my Explorer up there this morning because it expired Sunday and I didn’t realize it. So I go to pay and there’s a sign on the door that says wear a mask. I didn’t have one. I walked in to pay and the guys wife is in there running the register. She masked up with an N95. Not 5 minutes before, she’s outside huffing on a Marlboro. 
She proceeds to tell me I need a mask. Told her I didn’t have one and I was vaxed. She said she was too but the CDC said we all have to wear one. Told her no, they didn’t. The CDC can’t make law, there is no state or town mandate, and I wasn’t wearing one. She proceeded to argue. I told her I wasn’t interested in arguing and if she wanted me out, please just ring me up.

I walked out and told the owner that she was telling people wrong information. He said it was his business and he could require masks if he wanted. I said true enough and I didnt have to do business with him anymore. I’ll find another inspection station. I don’t need that noise.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

6 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Just got my car inspected. Been going to the same place for years. I stopped using them as a.mechanic a few years ago because he got too expensive but my new mechanic doesn’t do inspections. I was put out with this guy last year because he flunked me for tires. They were “ok” but he flunked me anyway. Joke was on him. I went to my other guy, got the tires and went back.

Anyhoo. I took my Explorer up there this morning because it expired Sunday and I didn’t realize it. So I go to pay and there’s a sign on the door that says wear a mask. I didn’t have one. I walked in to pay and the guys wife is in there running the register. She masked up with an N95. Not 5 minutes before, she’s outside huffing on a Marlboro. 
She proceeds to tell me I need a mask. Told her I didn’t have one and I was vaxed. She said she was too but the CDC said we all have to wear one. Told her no, they didn’t. The CDC can’t make law, there is no state or town mandate, and I wasn’t wearing one. She proceeded to argue. I told her I wasn’t interested in arguing and if she wanted me out, please just ring me up.

I walked out and told the owner that she was telling people wrong information. He said it was his business and he could require masks if he wanted. I said true enough and I didnt have to do business with him anymore. I’ll find another inspection station. I don’t need that noise.

Nice.

You should of went on to tell her smoking causes 500,000 deaths a year in the US.

Now thats a pandemic.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

This whole thing is like a South Park episode where neither side understands the other and they just get more and more ridiculous.

“Uhm we think you should get the vaccine.”

”I told you several times it’s a matter of principle and my rights.  I’m not getting the vaccine.

”Oh so you need an incentive?”

”No I just told you I’m not getting it even if it’s 100% foolproof.  I feel comfortable with the risk of COVID and it’s not worth giving in to authority.”

”So you want to be entered into a lottery for a million dollars if you get the vaccine?”

”No, I just told you…”

”But you might lose your ability to go to TGIFriday’s on Friday evening.  The days of the week will lose all meaning without a stop at TGIFriday’s to end the work week.”

”I told you I’m not getting…”

”What if we give you a puppy?”

”No god dammit what don’t you…”

”Free money, I’ll give you money.”

”No I’m not getting it even if you give me ten thousand dollars.”

”What about ten thousand and one dollars?”

:facepalm:

• Haha 6

5 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

“Uhm we think you should get the vaccine.”

”I told you several times it’s a matter of principle and my rights.  I’m not getting the vaccine.

”Oh so you need an incentive?”

”No I just told you I’m not getting it even if it’s 100% foolproof.  I feel comfortable with the risk of COVID and it’s not worth giving in to authority.”

”So you want to be entered into a lottery for a million dollars if you get the vaccine?”

”No, I just told you…”

”But you might lose your ability to go to TGIFriday’s on Friday evening.  The days of the week will lose all meaning without a stop at TGIFriday’s to end the work week.”

”I told you I’m not getting…”

”What if we give you a puppy?”

”No god dammit what don’t you…”

”Free money, I’ll give you money.”

”No I’m not getting it even if you give me ten thousand dollars.”

”What about ten thousand and one dollars?”

:facepalm:

Respect my author-I-tie

Fook u Cartman you fat a$$

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, weathafella said:

I’m not sure how this narrative got started but have you ever been to FL in summer?   Everyone is outside only coming in for the daily downpours.   I mean with this logic everyone from NYC south would huddle indoors all summer.

I am there all the time. The older locals are indoors a lot more when it’s 100 out than when it is 70 out. 

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

It goes both ways and it’s both disturbing as a way to say “told ya so!”  Vaccinated love pointing out unvaxxed who are sick or dying… meanwhile the unvaccinated also come off as getting pleasure from hearing vaccinated folks are getting sick and almost cheer for vaccine complications.

Both sides using people’s health to prove their points…almost gleefully.

I agree with this. Clearly, the media and others want to have Americans blaming each other instead of the politicians. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, tamarack said:

More likely he'll see an incentive to switch restaurants.

Mandating vaccines for staff and customers is a terrible business move. These politicians are clueless about the real mood of Americans on this topic. This is not even to mention the extra liability and management headaches for a business trying to enforce this. The govt isn’t going to pick up the tab when someone sues over this or patrons/staff leave in droves. There is a reason very, very few businesses are doing something like this. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Mandating vaccines for staff and customers is a terrible business move. These politicians are clueless about the real mood of Americans on this topic. This is not even to mention the extra liability and management headaches for a business trying to enforce this. The govt isn’t going to pick up the tab when someone sues over this or patrons/staff leave in droves. There is a reason very, very few businesses are doing something like this. 

I’m still waiting for work to send me the link to attest to my vaccination status as a fed. Not a single email from anyone yet. 

Just now, DotRat_Wx said:

There is just zero reason for all of this BS panic if you aren't in the south. 

It's the south and unvaccinated that should be concerned. ZERO deaths from the Provincetown cluster. Vax is doing its job

If the unvaccinated were concerned, they would get vaccinated. We don’t understand why there is any concern over delta, to be honest. 

• Like 1

Regarding federal enforcement of the workforce including contractors-it always takes a long time to execute but you would think this is sort of urgent or why bother?   I think you’ll all have guidance within 1-2 weeks.   Isn’t there a “by this date clause”?

3 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

Agree, just mandate it for anyone that wants to do anything in public once it has full FDA approval 

i have a MAGA cousin who posts anti vaccine stuff on facebook constantly. i've known him most of my life, there's no nuanced analysis that needs to be done on him. he's a f*cking moron, the end.

• Like 1