• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Met Summer Banter

HoarfrostHubb

At one point, the UK was averaging about 6 covid deaths per day.  They are averaging around 70 now.  Even after adjusting for population differences, our low point did not get nearly as low as theirs.  The UK is a bit more vaxxed than the US.  Tough to say exactly how high deaths will peak at here other than we will undoubtedly fare worse than the UK even after accounting for population differences.  US average daily deaths are already near the current UK average when adjusting for population.

• Weenie 1

7 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

At one point, the UK was averaging about 6 covid deaths per day.  They are averaging around 70 now.  Even after adjusting for population differences, our low point did not get nearly as low as theirs.  The UK is a bit more vaxxed than the US.  Tough to say exactly how high deaths will peak at here other than we will undoubtedly fare worse than the UK even after accounting for population differences.  US average daily deaths are already near the current UK average when adjusting for population.

The point is deaths are uncoupled. The overall minutia you like to wade in mean shyte. 

1 hour ago, WeatherX said:

Unvaxxed are more likely to have more severe effects if they contract as opposed to vaxxed as well as being more likely to spread new variants thus prolonging the pandemic. Risk reduction based on latest science. I’d rather be booster ready than not if needed.

The vaccinated can still cause a new varient since they infected. Vaccines will never beat the virus. Everyone including yourself will deal with the virus the rest of your life. The sooner you accept it the easier life will become.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, natedizel said:

The vaccinated can still cause a new varient since they infected. Vaccines will never beat the virus. Everyone including yourself will deal with the virus the rest of your life. The sooner you accept it the easier life will become.

It’ll finally become a background disease like everything else. Deaths have already uncoupled. A lot of the common cold  virus’ are coronavirus’ and this will be no different. If it weren’t for social media and 24/7 cable news, this would be a minor blip. Sure, lots of death, but there’s been death before and will be again. 

2 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

It’ll finally become a background disease like everything else. Deaths have already uncoupled. A lot of the common cold  virus’ are coronavirus’ and this will be no different. If it weren’t for social media and 24/7 cable news, this would be a minor blip. Sure, lots of death, but there’s been death before and will be again. 

Good post. Sometimes I worry you have turned into an hysterical Karen over COVID but posts like this restore my faith. :)  

• Haha 1

Canned response from the OKW. Go eet a bag of deeks.

• Weenie 1

16 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Good post. Sometimes I worry you have turned into an hysterical Karen over COVID but posts like this restore my faith. :)  

Lol. No I’m not hysterical. Im an advocate for vaccines, but it’s not the end all. I’ve said on numerous occasions that we need to go about our lives and not worry about it.  I said that over a year ago and still maintain that’s the case. 

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

On a weather note. I’m outside in line with shorts and flip flops. It’s close to having a hoodie would feel pretty good. 
I actually enjoy shorts, flops and hoodie season. 

Best season. Especially on a Friday or Saturday night with the fire pit going and some cold Sam Octoberfests. 

31 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

This is a mask report for Fujiwara 

Im at the ice cream place in Whitinsville. Lined up outside. At least 100 people out here and not a mask in site. 
Im sooo encouraged there’s people who are sensible. 

Some might say thats a trump rally around here