Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Met Summer Banter

HoarfrostHubb

44 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

Second test came back negative. Brutal for just a cold. Feel a lot better because I went to a funeral full of old people 3 days ago.

If there is a bad cold or flu going around, it’s going to make the rounds and will inevitably freak a lot of people out, due to all the Delta talk in the media. 

7 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

If there is a bad cold or flu going around, it’s going to make the rounds and will inevitably freak a lot of people out, due to all the Delta talk in the media. 

I think that's exactly what's happening. Chatting with my friend who works at a hospital yesterday he says everyone has a cold.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

That’s an issue for non gamers too. We use those gamer PCs with high capacity memory and graphics cards for artificial intelligence image analysis for cancer bio marker work. The commercial software we use requires that kind of power. The software we use is used in California too by several biotech and pharma companies including our San Diego office.

Yep.  Just total idiocy.  GPUs have historically performed vastly better for deep neural networks, and even non AI approaches to problems with large search spaces can benefit greatly from their use.  Even as some recent optimization techniques may shift the balance back toward CPUs, you'll still need a very high powered CPU to compete with the shear brute force power of GPUs.  

6 minutes ago, ineedsnow said:

That’s old news. What’s not reported is how many vaxed people were tested because they were sick vs those tested from a contact trace call that felt fine. I still maintain that just because you test positive by PCR, doesn’t mean your actually infected or shedding virus. That test to this day has never been validated against viral load measured by viral replication assays. The CDC,s assertion that vaxed people have as high a load in their nose as unvaxed people came from analyzing p-town data that showed similar Ct values for viral RNA. But what they didn’t do is to see if the asymptomatic vaxed people were actually infected. That’s a tougher one to do. But bottom line is all this new guidance and worry is based on 1) this one cluster in p-town, and 2) a PCR methodology that’s never been properly validated. 

Oh boy

Israel now provides vaccination status among new coronavirus cases and those who are seriously ill.

New cases (Sat):
- Unvaccinated: 1,006
- Partially vaccinated: 39
- Fully vaccinated: 1,049

Seriously ill:
- Unvaccinated: 71
- Partially vaccinated: 7
- Fully vaccinated: 133

15 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Oh boy

Israel now provides vaccination status among new coronavirus cases and those who are seriously ill.

New cases (Sat):

Seriously ill:

It's getting pretty interesting now. They have started giving people third doses already. We are behind the curve in this country.

Meanwhile, in this country we still have politicians telling the dopes that 99.9987463547% of cases are the unvaccinated. :rolleyes:

22 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Oh boy

New cases (Sat):

Seriously ill:

Could this just be a coincidence? Seems to fly in the face of all the reporting on the vaccine 

6 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Oh boy

New cases (Sat):

Seriously ill:

Durability is an issue.

Israel is vaxed with Pfizer, predominantly. Maybe Pfizer’s booster recommendation isn’t just based on greed. If I had to guess, their internal data shows durability drop off after 6-8 months. 
On the other hand, from what I’ve heard from The Moderna vax, from the literature and from my internal sources, looks to have better durability. The Moderna formulation uses 3 times the mRNA levels compared to Pfizer. That formulation probably gives a bigger initial immune response.

1 minute ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Could this just be a coincidence? Seems to fly in the face of all the reporting on the vaccine 

All reporting in this country...

The data from the UK and Israel has been showing a rise in cases amongst the vaccinated for a while.

There appears to be a lot of lying to fit an agenda going on in the USA on this topic.

1 minute ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Durability is an issue.

Israel is vaxed with Pfizer, predominantly. Maybe Pfizer’s booster recommendation isn’t just based on greed. If I had to guess, their internal data shows durability drop off after 6-8 months. 
On the other hand, from what I’ve heard from The Moderna vax, from the literature and from my internal sources, looks to have better durability. The Moderna formulation uses 3 times the mRNA levels compared to Pfizer. That formulation probably gives a bigger initial immune response.

Didn't the beloved Fauci just come out recently and say no boosters are needed in the US?

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Oh boy

New cases (Sat):

Seriously ill:

Any idea as to the percentage of fully vaccinated people there are vs how many nonvaxxed?    That makes a difference.  If 90% are fully vaxxed (I have no idea ) vs 60% or something

2 minutes ago, radarman said:

it's likely that a very high percentage of Israelis are vaxxed, so you'd expect numbers like that, but the risk of contraction among the unvaccinated would still be far higher.

Jerry has posted like a dozen times that Israel is not as vaxxed as most think. I believe it was 58% or so last I checked.

Edit: looks like 60% have received at least one dose. 

https://www.deseret.com/coronavirus/2021/7/20/22584134/whats-going-on-in-israels-outbreak-among-vaccinated-people

6 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Based on a Reuters report, looks like 62% overall for Israel.  

Edit.  I think I misread that data

Another report from June has 80% of adults vaccinated there 

It gets kind of confusing when it's not clear if "vaccinated" means one or two doses. Either way, they still have plenty of unvaccinated people there so clearly the storyline here that 99.998% of the cases are the unvaccinated is total BS.

33 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Oh boy

New cases (Sat):

Seriously ill:

I have been seeing similar data and yes it contradicts the mainstream . How about those conspiracy theorists...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Modfan2 said:

Jen is a news paper editor from the Alachua Times (Gainesville) and she has done a pretty good job during the pandemic trying to get a real numbers to the public. 

image.thumb.png.d1ac34ba1e27661a78d1b787932e3da2.png

Deaths are clearly uncoupled from cases. Delta may be more contagious, but the morbidity and mortality are much lower. That’s what mutations do. Not unexpected.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

That’s old news. What’s not reported is how many vaxed people were tested because they were sick vs those tested from a contact trace call that felt fine. I still maintain that just because you test positive by PCR, doesn’t mean your actually infected or shedding virus. That test to this day has never been validated against viral load measured by viral replication assays. The CDC,s assertion that vaxed people have as high a load in their nose as unvaxed people came from analyzing p-town data that showed similar Ct values for viral RNA. But what they didn’t do is to see if the asymptomatic vaxed people were actually infected. That’s a tougher one to do. But bottom line is all this new guidance and worry is based on 1) this one cluster in p-town, and 2) a PCR methodology that’s never been properly validated. 

I remember reading that something like 79% of the fully vaccinated 74% had symptoms.  Where I read it, I don't remember lol

5 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

Better hope it's not ADE.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

A lot of conspiracy theorists have been waiting for that to appear.

There is a belief in some conspiracy unvaxxed circles that it's only a matter of time until the "science" shifts again to say that the vaccinated are now at greater risk of complications from some new variant due to ADE.

5 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

Better hope it's not ADE.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

The ol "pathogenic priming"?  That is one of the theories floating around among anti-vaxxers, and it's not as stupid as microchips and what not since ADE has actually been observed in prior vaccine(s).  No compelling evidence of it with the covid vaccines though.

1 minute ago, Hoosier said:

I remember reading that something like 79% of the fully vaccinated 74% had symptoms.  Where I read it, I don't remember lol

Who knows. P-town get togethers like that are probably not the best indicators of Covid spread in crowds you might find elsewhere. A lot of close extracurricular activities occur that don’t occur elsewhere and aren’t talked about in the media.