Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Met Summer Banter

HoarfrostHubb

50 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Straight BMI is really not a great measure, unless you are totally sedentary I guess. 

Right - Rob Gronkowski is obese according to the standard BMI metric.  

It's shit science.

The only things that matters are your blood pressure ( and diastolic is more important than systolic), blood panel lipid spectrum, liver function, hereditary factors. 

If these essentials are healthy and you weight 320 lb, BMI is meaningless.  In fact, you can negotiate with the those 4 if say 2.5 of them are even decent Lol.

32 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

They are building up the narrative to major lockdowns. Get ready.

Depends on what state you’re in and if you have a reasonable gov. The forever maskers aren’t happy with Baker. As much as I don’t care much for him in general, we’d be screwed if Healy or Curatone was gov. 
People need to stop worrying about it, stop watching cable news, stop with the worrying about positives, and move on with life. Problem is, the news, politicians and the hysterical won’t let the rest of us live life. This is now in the realm of hysteria.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Depends on what state you’re in and if you have a reasonable gov. The forever maskers aren’t happy with Baker. As much as I don’t care much for him in general, we’d be screwed if Healy or Curatone was gov. 
People need to stop worrying about it, stop watching cable news, stop with the worrying about positives, and move on with life. Problem is, the news, politicians and the hysterical won’t let the rest of us live life. This is now in the realm of hysteria.

It’s coming from the Federal level I think. I could be wrong but I feel it in my bones. 

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

They are building up the narrative to major lockdowns. Get ready.

Stop blaming the unvaccinated and put the blame on the politicians. 

There isn’t the political capital to do it. Newsome is facing a recall vote for his too-aggressive response to COVID. Might be wishful thinking on my part, but I just can’t see it at this stage

I did what I just said not to do. I looked at the numbers. In almost every state I looked at, the deaths have been pretty much flat for 7-8 weeks. Even in Europe where cases have been up (and starting to drop btw) deaths have been flat with no spikes. 

I lol’ed at DC being masked up. They’re 7 day average is 61 positives, with 2 deaths in the last 10 days. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

It’s coming from the Federal level I think. I could be wrong but I feel it in my bones. 

They can’t. You know that. If they could have, it would have been done back in January. They’ve trampled on the constitution about as much as they can. States still have say in what goes on. 

1 minute ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

I did what I just said not to do. I looked at the numbers. In almost every state I looked at, the deaths have been pretty much flat for 7-8 weeks. Even in Europe where cases have been up (and starting to drop btw) deaths have been flat with no spikes. 

I lol’ed at DC being masked up. They’re 7 day average is 61 positives, with 2 deaths in the last 10 days. 

What about those who depend on the covid relief?? They might not get the democratic votes if you dont give them more free money

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Tolland Death Band said:

There isn’t the political capital to do it. Newsome is facing a recall vote for his too-aggressive response to COVID. Might be wishful thinking on my part, but I just can’t see it at this stage

Yup. Except for a few really whack job places like Oregon, there’s no will to do it. Besides, nobody is dying (except for the baseline/background that’s been there for months.

45 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

This thread is my only window into COVID, it’s felt done for a long time but not sure what else we’d talk about here without it… the weather? Ha!

In all seriousness though humanity loves drama.  People love drama.  They crave it and are obsessed with it.  Addicted to 24/7 news cycles, always checking news sites, etc. COVID is drama.  I truly believe people on both sides of the debate are just addicted to the drama of it all too. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

This thread is my only window into COVID, it’s felt done for a long time but not sure what else we’d talk about here without it… the weather? Ha!

In all seriousness though humanity loves drama.  People love drama.  They crave it and are obsessed with it.  Addicted to 24/7 news cycles, always checking news sites, etc. COVID is drama.  I truly believe people on both sides of the debate are just addicted to the drama of it all too.  You can avoid it completely if you want to.

Its true. Plus some people just like to troll and throw weenies around. Kinda weird entertainment for me.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, natedizel said:

Its true. Plus some people just like to troll and throw weenies around. Kinda weird entertainment for me.

I mean let’s be fair, we are all weather junkies and I’m addicted to looking at every model run all winter long.  If a hurricane is hitting we are all addicted to the drama of it.

Like Tip always talks about, we are sort of slaves to technology giving us information.  Weather, sports, news, whatever.  I know one up here who hates on the media for talking about COVID but then they’ll have 4 browsers open at work while eating lunch streaming FOX and CNN like they can’t get enough of it.  Humans love the drama.

I always say you can live in a local bubble very easily if you want to and totally tune out news.  Hell I feel like I wouldn’t know if half the United States just floated away into the Pacific unless it was mentioned on this forum or maybe the Red Sox broadcast mentioned it :lol:.

1 hour ago, PhineasC said:

Hate to say I told you so:

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/07/30/health/vaccination-alone-variants-study/index.html?__twitter_impression=true

Time to wake up and stop blaming the unvaccinated. Vaccinating everyone forever is not happening dummies. 

I take steps everyday to avoid risks too great to ignore. This...this one, just doesn't stack up. The virus kills obese, elderly and other folks with one foot in the grave. We're trying to chase a common cold. It never worked previously, it's not going to work this time either. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Tolland Death Band said:

Meh, more like he's being recalled because the law is 12% of the voters from the last election held (~1.5 million people). They got 17% to sign the recall. So it's a vocal minority at best. 

More or less you can find 20% of the population that are always mad about something the governor is doing. California recall law is wild.

2 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Meh, more like he's being recalled because the law is 12% of the voters from the last election held (~1.5 million people). They got 17% to sign the recall. So it's a vocal minority at best. 

More or less you can find 20% of the population that are always mad about something the governor is doing. California recall law is wild.

Just ask Gray Davis. :D

Obviously deaths don't follow case trends quite like they used to, but if you look closely, deaths are starting to increase in the US.  It is more noticeable when looking at graphs that have the intervals set lower, since the death numbers are *relatively* small now compared to what they have been.  

The real explosion in cases is a fairly recent thing, really the last 2-3 weeks.  There are still a lot of unvaccinated people out there with comorbidities in the younger-middle age groups who the virus is coming for.  My guess would be that average deaths per day climb into the high hundreds in a few more weeks, but we'll see.  

Phin will probably tell me to stop panicking or obsessing lol, but I'm not.  Just posting my thoughts.

• Weenie 1

8 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Obviously deaths don't follow case trends quite like they used to, but if you look closely, deaths are starting to increase in the US.  It is more noticeable when looking at graphs that have the intervals set lower, since the death numbers are *relatively* small now compared to what they have been.  

The real explosion in cases is a fairly recent thing, really the last 2-3 weeks.  There are still a lot of unvaccinated people out there with comorbidities in the younger-middle age groups who the virus is coming for.  My guess would be that average deaths per day climb into the high hundreds in a few more weeks, but we'll see.  

Phin will probably tell me to stop panicking or obsessing lol, but I'm not.  Just posting my thoughts.

The vaxxed are spreading the virus and killing people. They are also creating variants. It might be time to put the vaxxed in camps for the health and safety of everyone else.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

They didn’t really in the UK. You can always mast**bate over a blip on a 16 month curve, but it doesn’t mean much 

8 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Florida.  Oof.  21k new cases.  Deaths are still much below the peak though which is good.  Still kinda high  

It's indoor season there. 

But cases are rising no doubt. Delta is highly transmissible. Many Americans are infected right now, regardless of vaccination status. 

The wave will rise very high very fast but then wash out with a whimper, if we follow the pattern of other countries.