Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Met Summer Banter

HoarfrostHubb

5 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

So CDC is basically saying the R0 is greater than pox virus now. If so, you'd thinks mask mandates and closures wouldn't be far behind and covid will spread like wild fire. But, if they are only recommending masks for certain age groups, seems like they might be acknowledging delta is less severe, just more contagious. We'd be in a world of shite if it's more transmissable than pox and more severe, but other country data doesn't support that. Clear as mud

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

It’s a big stick and scare tactics to get more people vaxed. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

It feels fun being coerced and under gaslighting.  

You know I’m a huge proponant of the vax for a lot of reason. And I think everybody eligible should get it. 
But, for the CDC to start throwing out things like worse than Ebola and smallpox, that’s in the least irresponsible and borderline criminal. Now you’re going to have people running around scared that this is another wave of smallpox like disease. 

1 minute ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

You know I’m a huge proponant of the vax for a lot of reason. And I think everybody eligible should get it. 
But, for the CDC to start throwing out things like worse than Ebola and smallpox, that’s in the least irresponsible and borderline criminal. Now you’re going to have people running around scared that this is another wave of smallpox like disease. 

Maybe time for folks to stop demonizing the unvaccinated and start asking questions of the CDC and politicians? It's essentially become illegal now to publicly question the vaccine and the policy around it, even though increasingly this makes less and less sense.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Karl Marxism . Folks did not understand what they were voting for 

Some knew. They wanted this all along. They are so scared of the virus (even after being vaccinated) they are willing to give up everyone's rights to buy a tiny, tiny increase in perceived marginal "safety." It's disgusting to see.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

do you have a link to the comparison to ebola, smallpox, etc? Not seeing at cdc, thanks

3 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Some knew. They wanted this all along. They are so scared of the virus (even after being vaccinated) they are willing to give up everyone's rights to buy a tiny, tiny increase in perceived marginal "safety." It's disgusting to see.

There’s plenty that honestly did not think this administration would turn us into China or Cuba etc. And others that didn’t understand what they were voting for. They just knew they weren’t voting Trump . Sad but very true. And you can bet some of them are now wishing they chose differently 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The former FDA commissioner under Trump suggests we may be having 1 million infections per day.  This part may be a relevant thing to point out though:

Gottlieb now serves on the board of Covid vaccine maker Pfizer.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/30/dr-scott-gottlieb-estimates-up-to-1-million-americans-infected-with-covid-daily-as-delta-spreads.html

Drevil_million_dollars.jpg.45a3a21df9d0371624bc0fdcce681ca7.jpg

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

The former FDA commissioner under Trump suggests we may be having 1 million infections per day.  This part may be a relevant thing to point out though:

Gottlieb now serves on the board of Covid vaccine maker Pfizer.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/30/dr-scott-gottlieb-estimates-up-to-1-million-americans-infected-with-covid-daily-as-delta-spreads.html

Drevil_million_dollars.jpg.45a3a21df9d0371624bc0fdcce681ca7.jpg

Delta is already everywhere in this country and tens of millions of people are infected with no or mild symptoms. By the time Biden vaxxes anyone else under the mandate Delta will have already burned itself out. We have become so stupid over this virus. It's ALL stupid virtue signaling now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Delta is already everywhere in this country and tens of millions of people are infected with no or mild symptoms. By the time Biden vaxxes anyone else under the mandate Delta will have already burned itself out. We have become so stupid over this virus. It's ALL stupid virtue signaling now.

My son had a cold last week. Not severe. Lasted 4 days. Runny nose and sneezing. No fever? Delta? I dunno. Don’t care. Nobody else in the house got sick. 

Just now, WhitinsvilleWX said:

My son had a cold last week. Not severe. Lasted 4 days. Runny nose and sneezing. No fever? Delta? I dunno. Don’t care. Nobody else in the house got sick. 

I am pretty sure we all just had Delta. I had a persistent headache for a couple days and was pretty thirsty even though I stayed plenty hydrated. Wife felt a little tired a few days later too. No biggie. We assume weird little 24-48 hr blips like this are COVID now. Many, many people I know have a mysterious and generally weak "cold" right now. It's Delta.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

I am pretty sure we all just had Delta. I had a persistent headache for a couple days and was pretty thirsty even though I stayed plenty hydrated. Wife felt a little tired a few days later too. No biggie. We assume weird little 24-48 hr blips like this are COVID now. Many, many people I know have a mysterious and generally weak "cold" right now. It's Delta.

jabs work.  nice

1 hour ago, PhineasC said:

Vaxxing every single man woman and child isn’t going to get us out of this. 

1 hour ago, Brian5671 said:

it'll help.   Think right now if there was no vaxx.....

With 100% vaccination there would still be breakthrough disease and some death?…… With no vaccination many many millions dead with the only consolation, herd immunity? Questions unanswered, no victor, no victory, only victims …… As always ….

1 minute ago, PhineasC said:

Are you going to make your Oscar Mayer rep mask up when he delivers the weenies each week?

We make our own sausage. For our large cuts of meat we use a local Meat Service/farm  Harry Hansens.   9 racks of ribs on now along with 10lbs of chicken for a small dinner cater. Overnight cook for a celebration of life tomorrow. 110lbs pork shoulder and 80lbs of chicken.  

• Like 2

The problem is we are like 50 different countries each with their own rules and wide open borders with no restrictions.  Covid will be with us until the worst outbreak states die down permanently.  Those states will probably move around but I think our size as a nation makes this impossible to control.   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

So now the CDC says that delta is more contagious than MERS, SARS, Ebola, the common cold, the seasonal flu and smallpox, and it is as contagious as chickenpox. They recommend anyone with weak immune systems mask anywhere, even in areas of low transmission. 
Cambridge will have me back in a mask at work by Monday

ugh

They also have an internal report that’s says universal masking is essential. So blue will mask, red won’t. Same old thing. 

So they are just figuring this all out now and it gets dropped as an internal CDC memo that was leaked to the media? 

lol

4 minutes ago, weathafella said:

The problem is we are like 50 different countries each with their own rules and wide open borders with no restrictions.  Covid will be with us until the worst outbreak states die down permanently.  Those states will probably move around but I think our size as a nation makes this impossible to control.   

They can’t control it in small countries either, not really. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, UMB WX said:

We make our own sausage. For our large cuts of meat we use a local Meat Service/farm  Harry Hansens.   9 racks of ribs on now along with 10lbs of chicken for a small dinner cater. Overnight cook for a celebration of life tomorrow. 110lbs pork shoulder and 80lbs of chicken.  

Are the suppliers vaxxed though?

5 minutes ago, weathafella said:

The alternative to what we are doing now is Australia.