Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Met Summer Banter

HoarfrostHubb

8 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Evidently the CDC used it to put the vaxed back in masks.

I understand that part of it. But as Bob said, we aren't seeing an increase in hospitalizations or deaths like the unvaccinated states and those are the important metrics. Elective surgeries being canceled down there and icu's are full in Texas again 

23 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

I understand that part of it. But as Bob said, we aren't seeing an increase in hospitalizations or deaths like the unvaccinated states and those are the important metrics. Elective surgeries being canceled down there and icu's are full in Texas again 

I understand that. My point  is they’ll use the cases as reasoning to put us in masks again. Putting my faith in Baker not to is tough, but like I said yesterday, he’ll be under a ton of pressure to do it. Hopefully he won’t give in. Honestly, I would care if he did, I’d ignore it. But I couldn’t ignore it at work. 

Just now, WhitinsvilleWX said:

I understand that. My point  is they’ll use the cases as reasoning to put us in masks again. Putting my faith in Baker not to is tough, but like I said yesterday, he’ll be under a ton of pressure to do it. Hopefully he won’t give in. Honestly, I would care if he did, I’d ignore it. But I couldn’t ignore it at work. 

Baker spoke yesterday, Janey tonight. No mention of masks returning. I wouldn't be worried about it. We aren't seeing the spike

Just getting caught up and man that CDC internal memo is a tough read. I thought we’d have bought some time before a variant has breakthrough capabilities but Delta seems very close and we’re letting it bounce around a partially vaccinated population. (for various reasons)

More convinced than ever we end up back at square one sooner rather than later.