• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Met Summer Banter

HoarfrostHubb

30 and 40 year old people are not dumb. If they saw their friends all getting very ill from COVID they would rush out to get vaccinated ASAP.

I hate that these obtuse, abstract metrics on the TV and Twitter are driving all of this. Makes it very easy for people who get scared to become decoupled from the actual reality on the ground. I think that's why I saw people who were spraying down Amazon boxes then be willing to hop on a packed plane or eat at a packed restaurant the very next day. It made no logical sense.

2 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

We have the data from the UK. Did 20 year olds die at a higher rate from Delta than the prior strains? Last I checked, deaths were down in all categories over there.

Death isn't the end all be all.  You can come in sicker but still survive especially when you're relatively young.

6 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

30 and 40 year old people are not dumb. If they saw their friends all getting very ill from COVID they would rush out to get vaccinated ASAP.

I hate that these obtuse, abstract metrics on the TV and Twitter are driving all of this. Makes it very easy for people who get scared to become decoupled from the actual reality on the ground. I think that's why I saw people who were spraying down Amazon boxes then be willing to hop on a packed plane or eat at a packed restaurant the very next day. It made no logical sense.

I don't know any friends in my age range not vaccinated. Most follow science

5 hours ago, PhineasC said:

Reinfections are pretty rare but maybe this has something to do with the other variants. Is it a pretty mild case now?

I must not know many people because I can't believe how many of you guys know multiple people getting sick and dying from COVID.

My family doesn't know of anyone who had serious COVID. And none of my employees or their families have had any issues either. Just lucky I guess.

Mild right now 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

3 states have 40% of covid cases in the past week. Texas (republican) Missouri (republican) and Florida (republican)

What does this mean? Vermont and MA both have Republican governors. And I thought Texas was a purple state now. 

It's not entirely a red/blue issue

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

Here's a simple fact: Delta is a non story in heavily vaccinated states. Anyone not getting vaccinated is not doing their part.

If it's already a non-story, why does it matter if there are people in those states who are not vaccinated? They probably have natural immunity at this point. Forcing them to get vaccinated will set a terrible precedent and not make you any safer.

7 minutes ago, SouthCoastMA said:

What does this mean? Vermont and MA both have Republican governors. And I thought Texas was a purple state now. 

It's not entirely a red/blue issue

He simply can't acknowledge that minorities and young people make up a large chunk of the unvaccinated. It's easier to just imagine that they are all Trump Boomers watching Fox News. Some people just can't handle much nuance. They need to keep their worldview simplistic to cope.

2 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

If it's already a non-story, why does it matter if there are people in those states who are not vaccinated? They probably have natural immunity at this point. Forcing them to get vaccinated will set a terrible precedent and not make you any safer.

It's moronic to call it a non story

1 minute ago, PhineasC said:

He simply can't acknowledge that minorities and young people make up a large chunk of the unvaccinated. It's easier to just imagine that they are all Trump Boomers watching Fox News. Some people just can't handle much nuance. They need to keep their worldview simplistic to cope.

Just look at a map of the country of the uptick in cases. It's basically obese, dumb low iq people, republican states, and minorities.