Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Met Summer Banter

HoarfrostHubb

6 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

I think it depends on what you mean.  Assuming a person has not really changed their habits of going out and about, the chances of encountering the virus are higher now than in May in virtually the entire country.  It's pretty much basic math.

Who cares about “encountering” the virus? You encounter weird viruses all day long. 

5 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Can someone explain how this doesn’t mean that there is concern over the efficacy of the vaccines? That seems like the clear interpretation of making the vaccinated mask up. The vax is on the ropes so bad it needs all the help it can get, even from a face napkin. 

As Ive said before, the mumps vax is around 70-75% effective. There’s little breakthrough infection because there’s not much virus circulating.  Covid vaccines are effective, but there’s still a ton of virus out there. Mumps doesn’t circulate much because most are vaccinated. Measles circulate too. Once vax rates go down in spots, you get an outbreak, even in some vaxed people. Contrary to the opinion of some here, I think masks are mostly useless except in certain narrow settings. But the more people are vaxed, the less it’ll circulate. Not hard to understand. 

• Like 3

LOL @ the anti-maskers on this forum.  Looking forward to mask field reports again.  It was pretty obvious masks would come back; that's because the CDC new guidance from May made no sense.  we should find out what drove the CDC to go from one extreme (recommending masks outdoors, even for vaccinated) to the other opposite extreme (no masks needed anywhere) - all within the span of two weeks.  no doubt some chamber of commerce lobbying money was involved.

Just now, WhitinsvilleWX said:

As Ive said before, the mumps vax is around 70-75% effective. There’s little breakthrough infection because there’s not much virus circulating.  Covid vaccines are effective, but there’s still a ton of virus out there. Mumps doesn’t circulate much because most are vaccinated. Measles circulate too. Once vax rates go down in spots, you get an outbreak, even in some vaxed people. Contrary to the opinion of some here, I think masks are mostly useless except in certain narrow settings. But the more people are vaxed, the less it’ll circulate. Not hard to understand. 

But that’s not what I asked, unless you agree the vaxxed can still spread the virus around (some seem to still deny this). Otherwise, making the vaxxed mask up doesn’t help lower the amount of virus circulating.

Just now, fujiwara79 said:

LOL @ the anti-maskers on this forum.  Looking forward to mask field reports again.  It was pretty obvious masks would come back; that's because the CDC new guidance from May made no sense.  we should find out what drove the CDC to go from one extreme (recommending masks outdoors, even for vaccinated) to the other opposite extreme (no masks needed anywhere) - all within the span of two weeks.  no doubt some chamber of commerce lobbying money was involved.

Imagine being an adult who is genuinely happy that mommy government is making him wear his slobber bib again. LOL

• Like 1

Just now, PhineasC said:

But that’s not what I asked, unless you agree the vaxxed can still spread the virus around (some seem to still deny this). Otherwise, making the vaxxed mask up doesn’t help lower the amount of virus circulating.

I’m not going around and around with you and play your little games. Like I’ve said a million times, vaxed people, even if they get exposed, the viral load is low enough that even if they get the sniffles, they’re most likely not gonna spread it like Chernobyl. 
Im tired of going around with you. Sometimes you make really good points and other times you dumb as a brick bat. But I suspect 90% of what you do is troll.

• Like 2

Just now, WhitinsvilleWX said:

I’m not going around and around with you and play your little games. Like I’ve said a million times, vaxed people, even if they get exposed, the viral load is low enough that even if they get the sniffles, they’re most likely not gonna spread it like Chernobyl. 
Im tired of going around with you. Sometimes you make really good points and other times you dumb as a brick bat. But I suspect 90% of what you do is troll.

How does making the vaxxed mask help anything? That’s what I am asking. 

5 minutes ago, fujiwara79 said:

Have you been wearing yours?

8 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, fujiwara79 said:

money, wage slavery, and ignorance rule this world.

1 minute ago, PhineasC said:

Seeing some reports that the “experts” are saying that the vaccinated can spread delta just as much as the unvaccinated? So much for the “pandemic of the unvaccinated” narrative. Keep away from me, vaccinated plague carriers. 

From where?

Just now, PhineasC said:

You’ll never get away from COVID unless you stop tracking cases. 

People suggested that too much testing was happening last year and it should stop.  It’s still a pandemic. Might be a good idea that people know if they are at risk.  Not sure how this is hard to grasp. 

Just now, HoarfrostHubb said:

People suggested that too much testing was happening last year and it should stop.  It’s still a pandemic. Might be a good idea that people know if they are at risk.  Not sure how this is hard to grasp. 

People can still get tested all they want. But why base public policy on cases?

1 minute ago, PhineasC said:

It has been scrubbed from the original USA Today article, apparently.

That’s likely just very poor writing. It does NOT state that the vaccinated could have higher levels of virus THAN THE UNVACCINATED, which you imply. It could simply mean that the vaccinated could have higher levels of virus THAN ORIGINALLY THOUGHT, which was zero or minimal.