• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Met Summer Banter

HoarfrostHubb

My haircut person retired so went to someone on a recommendation. As well as not being vaccinated she spent more time lecturing me on the merits of hydroxychloroquine than cutting my hair. She said most of her clients are older so figures she's safe dealing with mostly vaccinated folks. WTF

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, hammerz_nailz said:

My haircut person retired so went to someone on a recommendation. As well as not being vaccinated she spent more time lecturing me on the merits of hydroxychloroquine than cutting my hair. She said most of her clients are older so figures she's safe dealing with mostly vaccinated folks. WTF

It’s like the old days...barbers were the surgeons 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, hammerz_nailz said:

Dumb and dumber

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

I'm worried about Phin's well-being.  He's distraught over the CDC altering it's guidance on public health matters. 

That “guidance” destroyed hundreds of thousands of livelihoods and mental states over the last 18 months. Seems kinda ridiculous to just act like this is the same as the CDC saying to grill steaks well done. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, PhineasC said:

That “guidance” destroyed hundreds of thousands of livelihoods and mental states over the last 18 months. Seems kinda ridiculous to just act like this is the same as the CDC saying to grill steaks well done. 

I get it.  You were willing to risk people lives in the here and now and keep the status rather than try to mitigate that.  That guidance saved countless lives by mitigating the spread of an unknown commodity.  We're still figuring out the virus day-to-day.  I have no issue with the CDC updating guidance as the science evolves.

Seems kind of ridiculous to have done nothing and let the virus just run it's course.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

That guidance saved countless lives by mitigating the spread of an unknown commodity. 

Debatable. Countries that have good to great mask and "mitigation" compliance see the same kind of spikes. If masking shows a 1.5% decrease in cases, which their own CDC publication says (within the margin of error by the way) is it worth the consternation it causes? If so, people who want that 1.5% change must be for 25 mile per hour speed limits because we know speed kills. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Looks like Simon Biles had a bit of a melt?

I thought I heard she got injured, but later story said she needs to take care of her mental health first and foremost. Apparently too much pressure for her. If she were an employee, I'd fire her. IMO, she made an excuse because she wasn't beating her competitors point-wise.

• Confused 2
  • Weenie 1

3 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

I thought I heard she got injured, but later story said she needs to take care of her mental health first and foremost. Apparently too much pressure for her. If she were an employee, I'd fire her. IMO, she made an excuse because she wasn't beating her competitors point-wise.

The hype around her was absurd. Interviewers asking her if it was even possible to beat her. She is very old for a gymnast. Team USA in general seems like kind of a mess, honestly. 

2 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

I thought I heard she got injured, but later story said she needs to take care of her mental health first and foremost. Apparently too much pressure for her. If she were an employee, I'd fire her.

Her professional resume speaks for itself. she good.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

I'm worried about Phin's well-being.  He's distraught over the CDC altering it's guidance on public health matters. 

It’s garbage guidance But it’s generally because they are not going to Trust unvaxxed folks to mask up so they do a blanket statement 

The overwhelming majority of Transmission is from unvaccinated people , that is the data , it makes no scientific sense to set the bar at zero transmission...so saying bc vaccinated people can spread the virus (but haven’t to a significant degree) that vaxxed  are back wearing masks is nonsense scientifically  . But making everyone wear masks is only way to make people who are more likely to spread it to slow transmission , thou it will still spread . That is what they are * really saying *

^ I would counter that with this...what makes more logical sense to you?

'A new way to visualize the surge in Covid-19 cases in the U.S.' (ie, the rate of acceleration of cases)
https://www.statnews.com/2021/07/26/new-way-visualize-covid-19-case-surge-us/

New cases in states like LA & AR are growing even faster than last winter's 3rd wave. But looking at MA, which has had a 351% increase in cases over the last 14 days, one of the highest such percentage changes in the nation, case acceleration paints a different picture (see graphs in article).

The Stat article didn't post graphs for every state. But if MA is any example, the higher immunized states do not seem to be on track for another big peak. Let's hope. I say immunized and not vaccinated because SD, which has one of the highest total infection rates per capita, is still doing as remarkably well as VT.

16 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Debatable. Countries that have good to great mask and "mitigation" compliance see the same kind of spikes. If masking shows a 1.5% decrease in cases, which their own CDC publication says (within the margin of error by the way) is it worth the consternation it causes? If so, people who want that 1.5% change must be for 25 mile per hour speed limits because we know speed kills. 

Not debatable.  We're not talking exclusively about masking.  We're talking about the social distancing, lockdowns, capacity restrictions, etc... that were put in place.  All those coupled together worked.

18 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

yeah, i was a bit harsh, but despite the enormous pressure on her, she should still finish the competition out unless she is genuinely injured (physically).

Simone* is amazing and clearly needed a break last minute. She doesn't owe anyone shit