• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Met Summer Banter

HoarfrostHubb

Not sure how reliable Worldometers is, but I’ve watched the serious/critical numbers for a while now. In January, we were up to 33,000+. Last month we got down to 3,300. Now, we’re back up to 8,400 and rising quickly. Who knows what this means in the long run. Instead of more dead, maybe just more chronically ill people to care for ?

Just now, PhineasC said:

I think so. So making the vaxxed wear masks will help save the healthcare system somehow?

How do you parse the vaccinated from unvaccinated?   Personally I'd rather force those unvaccinated to wear them and us vaccinated folks not have to but we apparently can't have nice things in this Country, so the CDC changes guidance that States may follow to re-enact mask mandates.

2 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

How do you parse the vaccinated from unvaccinated?   Personally I'd rather force those unvaccinated to wear them and us vaccinated folks not have to but we apparently can't have nice things in this Country, so the CDC changes guidance that States may follow to re-enact mask mandates.

Ya cause they dont trust the unvaxx to do the right thing. 

2 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

You guys have literally been posting stories like this and predicting massive issues in FL since March 2020. Amazing the narrative is still being pushed. 

Yeah I'm a bit surprised too-most hospital systems will not be overwhelmed at this point given the amt of people (half the country on average) have a vaxx that prevents serious illness.   We need to stop worrying about daily case counts at this point....

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

I guess just living freely based on personal choice isn’t one of the options? Someone has to be forced to do something by big momma government no matter what?

Just now, PhineasC said:

You guys have literally been posting stories like this and predicting massive issues in FL since March 2020. Amazing the narrative is still being pushed. 

Who are "you guys"?

Pick any State with low vaccination rates and the story is the same right now.  Hospitalizations are on the rise again which taxes/stresses the health care system.  You dispute the data?

4 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

that 2nd link appears to all be from last winter

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

I have a relative that manages the Disaster Medicine unit at a really well known hospital. Even in this area the hospitals are way understaffed and overburdened. Just the other day she told us on average there are 2-3 patients in the hallway (ICU). 

It took 8 weeks for me to get date for a procedure tomorrow. 3 years ago I had the same procedure done 4 days after seeing the surgeon. Hospitals are very busy and understaffed. Lots of employees called it quits after the first 2 rounds.

• Like 1

Just now, weathafella said:

We should have a gtg F2F soon while we can....

doubt we see capacity restrictions to restaurants at this point-they've suffered enough.   Restrictions just drive people into private homes where it spreads easier (see CA last winter-nothing open but highest covid rates in the country)

1 minute ago, radarman said:

that 2nd link appears to all be from last winter

My bad if that's the case.  This is what I saw.  

106 hospitals postponing elective procedures amid the COVID-19 resurgence

Alia Paavola - Updated Tuesday, June 1st, 2021 Print  | Email

Some other places.

4 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

doubt we see capacity restrictions to restaurants at this point-they've suffered enough.   Restrictions just drive people into private homes where it spreads easier (see CA last winter-nothing open but highest covid rates in the country)

Capacity restrictions wont come back. Politicians have no appetite for tat. Mask mandates are easy and it something they can do that's visible.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, South Shore Slop said:

I have a relative that manages the Disaster Medicine unit at a really well known hospital. Even in this area the hospitals are way understaffed and overburdened. Just the other day she told us on average there are 2-3 patients in the hallway (ICU). 

It took 8 weeks for me to get date for a procedure tomorrow. 3 years ago I had the same procedure done 4 days after seeing the surgeon. Hospitals are very busy and understaffed. Lots of employees called it quits after the first 2 rounds.

I presume there was quite a lot of backlog from the year plus that everything was on hold