Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Met Summer Banter

HoarfrostHubb

4 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

I'll have to wear one at work if its mandated. Anywhere else, they can pound sand. 

I also saw where the recommendation will be that everyone in school needs to wear one regardless. 

Oh yeah, gotta make sure to screw the kids for yet another year to protect selfish adults who don’t think their own vaccines work. 

2 hours ago, PhineasC said:

Is your nephew relatively young and healthy? A bad cold sounds worse than what most vaxxed people have been reporting. 

He’s 25 but a bad cold is subjective.     I texted him yesterday and he was preoccupied (and happy as a packers fan) that Aaron Rodgers is coming back.   The annoying thing is the disruption in his life from quarantine.    His symptoms have been fever which to me is worse than most colds but some people react differently.

Just now, PhineasC said:

As a vaccinated person, does it make any sense to you though? I get that you simply comply with whatever “guidance” comes down, but doesn’t it seem a little illogical to you?

So the CDC updates their guidance as the science of a new virus evolves/morphs over time.   People are blowing this way out of proportion.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, weathafella said:

He’s 25 but a bad cold is subjective.     I texted him yesterday and he was preoccupied (and happy as a packers fan) that Aaron Rodgers is coming back.   The annoying thing is the disruption in his life from quarantine.    His symptoms have been fever which to me is worse than most colds but some people react differently.

He might have a case of the “man flu” too. I get that sometimes according to my wife. LOL

1 minute ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

So the CDC updates their guidance as the science of a new virus evolves/morphs over time.   People are blowing this way out of proportion.

Is the science saying your vaccine is weakening and needs some help from a disposable mask draped across your mouth and nose? That’s what it sounds like. 

3 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Is the science saying your vaccine is weakening and needs some help from a disposable mask draped across your mouth and nose? That’s what it sounds like. 

I got the vaccine , I’m done with forced masking  and the politics of “science” based journals and organizations

before getting the vaccine I was used to masking to be “polite and or courteous” now I could give a F who is upset 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, PhineasC said:

He might have a case of the “man flu” too. I get that sometimes according to my wife. LOL

No one in the family is concerned-he lives alone in KS but most of his work is on site so his life is disrupted.   Then again it may be a great excuse to avoid everyone....lol

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

Sounds good. We'll be with ed and becky on sat at some point.

I think were going to the backside of Sissy's this go round on saturday, Going to stay up on Brandy and Long lake this trip, I'm hooking up with them so i'll see you and the wife if your out there.

• Like 1

Just now, PhineasC said:

Latest data say no but we're just now approaching 1 year after it's development, so we don't know how long it will last.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/nejmc2103916

You're the one making a huge deal out of the CDC changing their guidance.  Oh no, I have to wear a mask again.  :weep:

If people are really that upset over them, I'll expect 10s of thousands to be marching on their state/local government offices demanding they be repealed.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

I would tend to agree, but like I said before, masking in my office and lab is an awful thing I did for a year. I dread going back to it. I guess I’m resigned to it. The other concern I have is how does this one stop? What needs to happen before they tell me I can take it off again at work again? 

19 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I got the vaccine , I’m done with forced masking  and the politics of “science” based journals and organizations

before getting the vaccine I was used to masking to be “polite and or courteous” now I could give a F who is upset 

Same here. I won’t wear one except if I’m made to at work. 

21 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

same here, but what we gonna do when mandates come back for stores, restaurants, etc? Unless u mask up, nobody will gain entrance. the whole thing is utter bs at this point.

6 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Latest data say no but we're just now approaching 1 year after it's development, so we don't know how long it will last.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/nejmc2103916

You're the one making a huge deal out of the CDC changing their guidance.  Oh no, I have to wear a mask again.  :weep:

If people are really that upset over them, I'll expect 10s of thousands to be marching on their state/local government offices demanding they be repealed.

I’m sure many will blindly comply forever without asking any questions. You are right about that. I’m sure it will be just be us crazy dirty refusers who get all worked up over it. 

9 minutes ago, dryslot said:

I think were going to the backside of Sissy's this go round on saturday, Going to stay up on Brandy and Long lake this trip, I'm hooking up with them so i'll see you and the wife if your out there.

we were going to take the boat out saturday, but I was playing with the throttle in the slip and elbow wasn't liking it much so figured best wait a week or so. Hoping to get out this weekend. Already told kelly she's responsible for setting the anchors:lol:

• Like 1

Just now, dendrite said:

What the hell is the end game? We're not completely getting rid of this thing even if everyone gets vaccinated.

My belief is it becomes a much more manageable virus that doesn't overwhelm the healthcare system.  Still a long way to go for that to occur here in the US and especially around the Globe.   The States that are seeing the worst of it are those with lower vaccination rates.  Quite a few Hospitals are running at full capacity in those areas.  That taxes those employees who have to deal with that.

5 minutes ago, dendrite said:

What the hell is the end game? We're not completely getting rid of this thing even if everyone gets vaccinated.

Of course not. The end game? The realization that this is endemic and we have to live with it. But for now the powers that be wont admit it because if they do, what we went through for the last 16 months was/is useless.

1 minute ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Of course not. The end game? The realization that this is endemic and we have to live with it. But for now the powers that be wont admit it because if they do, what we went through for the last 16 months was/is useless.

not sure I agree. If 16 months isn't enough time then how long is?