Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Met Summer Banter

HoarfrostHubb

Just now, Supernovice said:

We should prob fight a civil war masks: states rights etc. let's do it.

LOL I'm just telling you what the feds can and can't do. 

The announcement is going to say that the CDC recommends Vaxed people wear masks indoors in certain situations. What those situations are, who knows. Probably up to interpretation and most will ignore it.  But its not a mandate. It could be on federal property, but that's as far as they can go. Pesky 10th amendment and all. 

8 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Feds cant mandate shyte on a state. They can recommend, but they cant mandate anything except on federal property.  

True, however I would expect most Northeastern states to follow Fauci's guidance.    (which is actually backward-it should be the southern states with low vax rates that need masking not us)

7 minutes ago, rclab said:

Good morning, Phineas. Still this person was beautiful/attractive and accomplished. A tragic loss, just the same. We are left with ‘there but for the grace’ …….. As always …..

I'm sure she was a nice person. That said, being very obese is a huge risk factor for COVID. It's important that people know that. Maybe it will motivate them to lose some weight.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

LOL I'm just telling you what the feds can and can't do. 

The announcement is going to say that the CDC recommends Vaxed people wear masks indoors in certain situations. What those situations are, who knows. Probably up to interpretation and most will ignore it.  But its not a mandate. It could be on federal property, but that's as far as they can go. Pesky 10th amendment and all. 

Lol...I'm just saying, I assume some people will go bananas over this. But ya- I would think it'll be vague and toothless.

14 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Do you really expect MA to buck the CDC guidance?

Baker wont mandate it, itll be a suggestion recommendation. Now, what the usual suspect towns do is probably pretty clear. My guess is the guidance will be wear a mask in venues where unvaxed and vaxed mix indoors in close quarters. In door sporting events, etc. Also states/areas where vax rates are low and % positives are over a certain percentage.  So mostly regions down south where they wont wear them or mandate them anyway. Pretty silly at this point. 

5 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Baker wont mandate it. My guess is the guidance will be wear a mask in venues where unvaxed and vaxed mix indoors in close quarters. In door sporting events, etc. Also states/areas where vax rates are low and % positives are over a certain percentage.  So mostly regions down south where they wont wear them or mandate them anyway. Pretty silly at this point. 

I guess we will see. I don’t see the governors in liberal states resisting CDC guidance as much as you are indicating. 

50 minutes ago, dryslot said:

What do you have inside the shower? There has to be a chrome plate in there covering the valve, No?

i deleted my comment, but looks like it still got posted. Anyway, there is a plastic round cover I can remove on the front side. I was just  thinking if for some reason the whole valve needed to be replaced then I'd have to cut a drywall access panel on the opposite side.

1 minute ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

They wont have too since the vax and positive rates in the blue states are higher and lower, respectively than red states.

This assumes the governors will follow the actual data. Again, we’ll see. It’s going to take some courage for a liberal state governor to tell the CDC the guidelines don’t apply in his/her state. 

Looks like the guidance is coming at 3 PM ET that the vaccinated resume wearing masks indoors in "mixed" environments which is basically everywhere aside from small, controlled gatherings.

We will see what the states do... folks are really going to need to push back against the government if they ever want this treadmill to stop.

Washington (CNN)The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is expected to update its guidelines on Tuesday to urge vaccinated people in certain areas of the country to resume wearing masks because of Covid-19.

People in areas with high or substantial Covid-19 transmission should resume wearing masks, the CDC is expected to say, according to sources familiar with the announcement. 

The White House is hoping that the new guidance will give local officials "a lot of cover" to implement new mask mandates where appropriate. 

My biggest concern is that Cambridge will mandate masks and I'm back in it at work. And with the guidance, I don't see how we get out of them. 

1 minute ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I would be good money masks will be making a comeback in many spots in Massachusetts, despite low covid numbers.

Casedemic. Hopefully more people push back this time. It’s going to make even more people question the vaccine if mask mandates return in force. It’s basically saying that the vaccines alone aren’t enough. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

i deleted my comment, but looks like it still got posted. Anyway, there is a plastic round cover I can remove on the front side. I was just  thinking if for some reason the whole valve needed to be replaced then I'd have to cut a drywall access panel on the opposite side.

More then likely, You should just be able to change the guts, The whole valve would not have to be replaced, FYI, I'm in Naples this weekend if your around, Maybe a drink would be in order?

5 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Casedemic. Hopefully more people push back this time. It’s going to make even more people question the vaccine if mask mandates return in force. It’s basically saying that the vaccines alone aren’t enough. 

I'll have to wear one at work if its mandated. Anywhere else, they can pound sand. 

I also saw where the recommendation will be that everyone in school needs to wear one regardless. 

2 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Sucks to be those people who may have to wear masks at work again but it doesn't impact me one bit, so have at it.  If I have to throw on for 45min to go shopping, so be it.

As a vaccinated person, does it make any sense to you though? I get that you simply comply with whatever “guidance” comes down, but doesn’t it seem a little illogical to you?