Total Members
    Most Online
    ChicagoGuy
    Newest Member
    ChicagoGuy
Met Summer Banter

HoarfrostHubb

10 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

it's coming to private industy-only a matter of time unless the virus completely dies out

Super big liability issues there. OSHA has already stated that if a business mandates a vaccine and someone gets sick or worse from it, the business could be on the hook big time from a legal perspective. Any issues arising from the vaccine would be considered "work-related" under the law.

It's going to be very hard for the average non-health related business to get away with mandating vaccinations, IMO. I don't see it being widespread. Small businesses that want to virtue signal need to be very, very careful here. The benefit is probably not greater than the risk.

7 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Super big liability issues there. OSHA has already stated that if a business mandates a vaccine and someone gets sick or worse from it, the business could be on the hook big time from a legal perspective. Any issues arising from the vaccine would be considered "work-related" under the law.

It's going to be very hard for the average non-health related business to get away with mandating vaccinations, IMO. I don't see it being widespread.

Yea it will. It’ll be more widespread than you think. We already require masking and weekly Covid tests where I work if you unvaxed. My sources tell me that powers that be are thinking of mandating it to come back to the office. That’s the second step. 
Third step would be termination. That’s extreme, but it coming to global corporations near you. 
You said you work on a military base? You’re next. 

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

Every night of Red Sox is must watch.  Bottom of the 8th inning, down by a run, and Verdugo hits a 2-run shot 415 feet to take the lead 5-4.

You can't look away.

I had turned it off about an hour ago after pivetta gave up the hr but ironically turned it on 2 pitches prior to verdugos home run.

• Like 1

VA first federal agency to require vaccination for direct patient care providers.   I’m guessing the unions may fight it some as they did the smoking ban (no smoking on any VA property) was enacted about a year ago.   Apparently some low % of vaccinated people in one center in AR may have sickened a number of vets?   Not sure...

My nephew has Delta.  Being vaccinated he’s not too sick-kind of like a bad cold.  His father, an anti vaxer in general spread it and then got on a plane.   He wins dildo of the year award......

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

:weep:

The lawsuits in a few years will be comical. I took my vaccine because i wanted to.

If some other entity tried to make me take it, I only would if they signed a peice of paper saying they liable for any known reactions to vaccine.

If they dont i would probably look for employment elsewhere. Maybe start my own business with other antivaxx. No one forces me to do anything.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Brian5671 said:

it's coming to private industy-only a matter of time unless the virus completely dies out

My co worker was on a zoom with the Naval Academy, one of his children is looking to attend and the question was asked if they would require vaccinations for incoming freshmen and they said no, not until they have final approval from FDA. 

1 hour ago, Modfan2 said:

My co worker was on a zoom with the Naval Academy, one of his children is looking to attend and the question was asked if they would require vaccinations for incoming freshmen and they said no, not until they have final approval from FDA. 

My nephew  was waiting to start flight school for the AF. They made him do recruiting while he was waiting. Tell your friend that it is imperative that his child participate in all communications. Having your mommy and daddy speak for you was basically strike 1,2, and 3, killing your chances of getting into some of these competitive programs. He was amazed at the amount of parents that contacted him, but that made his job easier as he just tossed them to the bottom of the pile.

• Like 2

Wife took a shower this morning in 2nd floor tub/shower and we noticed some water drops in the downstairs breezeway coming through the tongue/groove ceiling. :unsure:. Bummer. My thought is it's likely a leak around the fiberglass tub drain or possibly the feed hose to the shower head. The shower head would be easy access at the wall, but if it's the tub drain, then I think I need to remove the T&G downstairs to get access. Anyone have to deal with this before?

10 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

Wife took a shower this morning in 2nd floor tub/shower and we noticed some water drops in the downstairs breezeway coming through the tongue/groove ceiling. :unsure:. Bummer. My thought is it's likely a leak around the fiberglass tub drain or possibly the feed hose to the shower head. The shower head would be easy access at the wall, but if it's the tub drain, then I think I need to remove the T&G downstairs to get access. Anyone have to deal with this before?

Most common is a leak between the tub and the floor. Make sure the silicon caulk is good all around the tub edges. Mixing valve is number 2. Drains rarely leak. Fill the tub (not much just in case) then open the drain and see if you see anything.

1 minute ago, South Shore Slop said:

Most common is a leak between the tub and the floor. Make sure the silicon caulk is good all around the tub edges. Mixing valve is number 2. Drains rarely leak. Fill the tub (not much just in case) then open the drain and see if you see anything.

thanks. Can the mixing valve be replaced easily if that is the source? Our shower is tiled.

6 hours ago, weathafella said:

VA first federal agency to require vaccination for direct patient care providers.   I’m guessing the unions may fight it some as they did the smoking ban (no smoking on any VA property) was enacted about a year ago.   Apparently some low % of vaccinated people in one center in AR may have sickened a number of vets?   Not sure...

My nephew has Delta.  Being vaccinated he’s not too sick-kind of like a bad cold.  His father, an anti vaxer in general spread it and then got on a plane.   He wins dildo of the year award......

Is your nephew relatively young and healthy? A bad cold sounds worse than what most vaxxed people have been reporting. 

5 hours ago, natedizel said:

The lawsuits in a few years will be comical. I took my vaccine because i wanted to.

If some other entity tried to make me take it, I only would if they signed a peice of paper saying they liable for any known reactions to vaccine.

If they dont i would probably look for employment elsewhere. Maybe start my own business with other antivaxx. No one forces me to do anything.

Small businesses that force employees to get vaccinated are taking a big risk, especially if it will be really hard to prove that the type of business they are in poses an enhanced risk of contracting or spreading the disease (e.g., hospital or dorm).

11 hours ago, powderfreak said:

These guys are just having fun.  Barnes with an easy 1-2-3 save.  33rd come-from-behind win, the most in major league baseball.

Untitled.jpg.e2ba607a8ba90025abde84a351b63a64.jpg

After going to SF a few years ago I really became a Giants fan because I felt it was the way baseball should be (e.g., cheap tickets, bring a cooler or box of pizza into the place, just a fun time). That said, this team is just so fun to watch, they have personality, reminds me of the early 2000s teams I loved. I think Bloom might go wild and grab Rizzo. 

1 hour ago, Lava Rock said:

thanks. Can the mixing valve be replaced easily if that is the source? Our shower is tiled.

Usually its a rebuild kit that you can access from inside the shower behind the wall plate, Its the spindle, O rings and packing.