Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Met Summer Banter

HoarfrostHubb

2 hours ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Little chance.  Cities and Towns here don't want to go to that level.  It will be a last resort if the trend continues the way they have.  The data is pretty clear that the overwhelming majority of the case/hospitalization spikes are from those that are unvaccinated.  Breakthrough cases are happening but are generally mild in nature and don't require hospitalization.   I think this latest spike has been pushed up a few months with the shitty weather, so I'm thinking if we can have a nicer stretch of drier/warmer weather, we'll see things level off or drop some.  The "news panic" is over-reaching and nauseating at this point but I get it, they need to find something to keep the watcher tuned in.  There should be a continued push to get people vaccinated and I'm 100% positive we'll be seeing a roll-out of booster shots this Fall.  The sky isn't falling and people need to step away from the TV and Social Media and step outside.  Life is back to a new normal for most.

Agreed. And I think we need to get to the point where we don't worry about the non vaxxed. Not saying that to be an ass, just tired of certain peoples excuses when they don't have a logical reason not to. Of course with the vile skills and blustering B.S. our general media have developed, we'll probably be back in masks asap

We have a decent sized field sales force and currently, mask rules are on a state-by-state basis.

There are three categories:

Red: Vaxxed and unvaxxed have to wear masks (Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Kansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Nevada, Utah currently)

Yellow: Vaxxed no masks, unvaxxed masks (All other states)

Green: No masks regardless of vaxx status (was VT for a few weeks but they've moved to yellow).

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

When they agreed to allow skateboarding into the Olympics, was there a stipulation that you must dress like you are playing tennis at the country club in order to participate?

Or the tennis team had extra uniforms?

5F880877-8A47-45E1-B58E-7C0F20C4939A.thumb.jpeg.961af87ef1ecb8112c823e1ebf2c290e.jpeg

Angelo Caro Narvaez chose to defy the dress code and paid the cost:

https://deadspin.com/see-it-olympic-skateboarder-falls-nuts-first-into-rail-1847358141?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=SocialMarketing&utm_campaign=dlvrit&utm_content=deadspin

e1c9bb1757dbce8c05863a4b84bff752.png

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, bch2014 said:

We have a decent sized field sales force and currently, mask rules are on a state-by-state basis.

There are three categories:

Red: Vaxxed and unvaxxed have to wear masks (Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Kansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Nevada, Utah currently)

Yellow: Vaxxed no masks, unvaxxed masks (All other states)

Green: No masks regardless of vaxx status (was VT for a few weeks but they've moved to yellow).

Seems very reasonable to me. 

LOL, Bank is trying to make me pay $150 excise bill for a vehicle I turned in January 2020.  The City didn't send out excise tax bills last year, so a month a go I received 3 of them.  2 for my newest vehicle and a 3rd for the prior one.  I call the City and they say that since vehicle is leased thru Bank, the Bank needs to send abatement paperwork, so they can be reimbursed.  Ok, I do all that and I'm still getting paperwork demanding payment for it.  I call the Back, yep, they wanted payment over the phone, even though I've sent them proper documentation of plates/registration on new vehicle and they've filed the paperwork with the City for reimbursement.  I said the hell I'm paying you anything.  I provided you with the paperwork, you go chase the City for the money.  I have no obligation on that lease any more.  Shame on you for paying it a year and a half later without question.

• Like 4

Just now, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Nice Bitcoin move the past 48 hours.  That ain’t retail investors pushing that kind of rise.  

Some big institutional investor dumped 15000+ BTC last week, crashed the price, liquidated all of the leveraged longs and then all the leveraged shorts got hard squeezed the past 24 hours in the run up. 
Full attack mode from institutional buyers. Something is up.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Some big institutional investor dumped 15000+ BTC last week, crashed the price, liquidated all of the leveraged longs and then all the leveraged shorts got hard squeezed the past 24 hours in the run up. 
Full attack mode from institutional buyers. Something is up.

Hopefully it's I/Q's

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, DotRat_Wx said:

It pretty much is

It’s more nuanced than that. For example, in our state, some of the lowest percent of vaccinated people are in areas that are very democratic by political orientation but also much poorer and a lot of minorities. Mattapan is one the lowest vaccinated communities in the state along with New Bedford and then some towns out in Berkshire county/Hamden county are behind them.

Broadbrushing things is never a good way to understand a complex issue. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

It’s more nuanced than that. For example, in our state, some of the lowest percent of vaccinated people are in areas that are very democratic by political orientation but also much poorer and a lot of minorities. Mattapan is one the lowest vaccinated communities in the state along with New Bedford and then some towns out in Berkshire county/Hamden county are behind them.

Broadbrushing things is never a good way to understand a complex issue. 

OK, let's get minorities and trump voters vaccinated then. Statement adjusted

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

LOL, Bank is trying to make me pay $150 excise bill for a vehicle I turned in January 2020.  The City didn't send out excise tax bills last year, so a month a go I received 3 of them.  2 for my newest vehicle and a 3rd for the prior one.  I call the City and they say that since vehicle is leased thru Bank, the Bank needs to send abatement paperwork, so they can be reimbursed.  Ok, I do all that and I'm still getting paperwork demanding payment for it.  I call the Back, yep, they wanted payment over the phone, even though I've sent them proper documentation of plates/registration on new vehicle and they've filed the paperwork with the City for reimbursement.  I said the hell I'm paying you anything.  I provided you with the paperwork, you go chase the City for the money.  I have no obligation on that lease any more.  Shame on you for paying it a year and a half later without question.

Excise tax is ridiculous. I traded in my fusion in feb 2020 and it was hell to get an abatement from the city. And I didn’t see the actual money until the summer time.

2 hours ago, DotRat_Wx said:

OK, let's get minorities and trump voters vaccinated then. Statement adjusted

The best way to reach these two divergent groups is clearly to send a bunch of government-sponsored white Millennials door-to-door lecturing and patronizing them and telling them they are killing grandma. Should be effective.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

The best way to reach these two divergent groups is clearly to send a bunch of government-sponsored white Millennials door-to-door lecturing and patronizing them and telling them they are killing grandma. Should be effective.

There's always the option of sending a big spray tanned ex reality tv show host

Just now, DotRat_Wx said:

There's always the option of sending a big spray tanned ex reality tv show host

He's already been telling his people to get vaccinated. He talks about the vaccine a lot (usually in the context of claiming he invented it). I don't think he's the issue with vaccine hesitancy. I know you don't agree, but all of the Trump Fox News Boomers I know rushed to get vaccinated very early. The vast majority of those I know who are not getting vaxxed are under 40 and tend to really distrust the government (all government, not just the Biden administration). I think some of you are oversimplifying this issue a lot which is why you haven't been able to figure out yet why people keep resisting. It has little to do with Trump or Biden for most of us.

5 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

I went through the same crap as BZ, it was only like $20 so I paid it so it would just go away. 

The fact that the bank had the audacity to request the payment from me was laughable.  **** that.  The City screwed up in their paperwork from January to June the following year and sent a bill to the bank and the bank sends them the payment likely knowing full well that I have a new lease with them with the same plates on a different vehicle.  **** you.  You go chase the abatement.  I provided you with all the proper documentation that you already have.  I told them to never call me again asking for payment.  Only to say that they received the abatement.  My next call will be to a lawyer.

16 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

The fact that the bank had the audacity to request the payment from me was laughable.  **** that.  The City screwed up in their paperwork from January to June the following year and sent a bill to the bank and the bank sends them the payment likely knowing full well that I have a new lease with them with the same plates on a different vehicle.  **** you.  You go chase the abatement.  I provided you with all the proper documentation that you already have.  I told them to never call me again asking for payment.  Only to say that they received the abatement.  My next call will be to a lawyer.

Mine was a little different, I don't blame you for doing what you did no matter the cost. In my case the registry messed up and no one took the blame. The $18 or whatever it was, was worth it to make it go away. 

42 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

He's already been telling his people to get vaccinated. He talks about the vaccine a lot (usually in the context of claiming he invented it). I don't think he's the issue with vaccine hesitancy. I know you don't agree, but all of the Trump Fox News Boomers I know rushed to get vaccinated very early. The vast majority of those I know who are not getting vaxxed are under 40 and tend to really distrust the government (all government, not just the Biden administration). I think some of you are oversimplifying this issue a lot which is why you haven't been able to figure out yet why people keep resisting. It has little to do with Trump or Biden for most of us.

There's a lot of truth to this.

The people who watch Fox News are older and most of them are vaccinated, which is funny when you have hosts spewing anti-vaxx content. 

Percentage wise latino & black communities are the least vaccinated and they skew heavily democratic.

Most aren't the crazy anti-vaxxers you hear about though (microchipping, population control) rather it's more about being concerned about its safety as well as the side effects. 

I think full FDA approval could make them feel safer.