• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Met Summer Banter

HoarfrostHubb

I left a month's worth of innings ago when it was 3-0 Yankers ... and came back from my bike ride non-plussed at how precisely to the quanta of time that win musta manifest at point of click-tv-off.  Shit it was getting late innings I though. 

haha.  Good shit lord what kind of bad luck musta befell that Yanks.

Which, frankly, I suffered those bloop singles yesterday that really was more like fractal luck... oh, and lest we forget the one bloop that would have tied it for the Red Sox but ooooh no - not when it went our way, huh.

So, pay back's a bitch.

Actually, now that I see the recap, ...looks like the same thing happened to them today, that happened to us yesterday.  I thought Cora was too quick to pull Eovaldi...  The bull-pens in both cases immediately imploded - but of the two, the Red Sox O was more convincing.  They didn't have to bloop poop luck out their butts to steal a win, they sprayed bullets over the field.

5 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

There’s also not a Sox fan here who thought this team would be good. If anyone posts they thought they’d be the best team in the AL, then they will lose 3-0 in the opening round 

Before the season I thought they would be a 72-75 win team.    They only need 12 more wins to hit that. 

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

There’s also not a Sox fan here who thought this team would be good. If anyone posts they thought they’d be the best team in the AL, then they will lose 3-0 in the opening round 

I thought they’re be a little better than .500, but not by much. They still need a left handed hitter that can play first everyday. They could use another starter. I’m not sold on Sale being effective. They also have to figure out a way to beat Houston. I still think Tampa will fade (to be honest, I thought there’d have faded by now). But Houston isn’t going anywhere. They’ll be there in the end. Hard to say anything about the White Sox. That division is pretty bad. The Indians ( excuse me the “Guardians”) aren’t giving them much competition. 

15 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

I thought they’re be a little better than .500, but not by much. They still need a left handed hitter that can play first everyday. They could use another starter. I’m not sold on Sale being effective. They also have to figure out a way to beat Houston. I still think Tampa will fade (to be honest, I thought there’d have faded by now). But Houston isn’t going anywhere. They’ll be there in the end. Hard to say anything about the White Sox. That division is pretty bad. The Indians ( excuse me the “Guardians”) aren’t giving them much competition. 

If Sale is half the SP he used to be and they go out and obtain a #3 or even low end 4, they run away with the east and have a great chance to win the pennant. As a Yankees fan that is truly painful. I thought this was going to be their year. I really did . I was so excited . Baseball is far and away my favorite sport and I spend so much time with it . And then each “ worse loss of the season “ keeps happening and few weeks ago , I realized that if I didn’t resign myself that the season was done, I legit was going have heart attack no matter my health. This pill has been very hard to swallow . You guys have a very good team and should embrace it because good on paper teams can rip your heart out. As it was today. .. this was my remote as the 5th run scored. The cover is broken 
DK4ENGF.jpg

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Agreed. This team was built offensively to be a playoff contender as long as health wasn’t an issue. Pitching was always the big question mark and it still is. Still not sold this team can make a run deep into the playoffs but it’s becoming more convincing each game that have as much of a chance as any other playoff bound team. No one is really a juggernaut this season in AL or NL.

Course ... could all just be a matter of time the other shoe falls and the Sox have been cheating -

Seems like cheating either has always happened for decades in all sports and now...with surveillance et al making it easier to detect.  Or there is a complete and utter melt-down of ethics in professional sports.  I wonder which -

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

The folks who have not gotten the shot are not and have never been afraid of the flu virus. It was about protecting the vulnerable. It’s not difficult to understand 

That is pretty accurate .

The non vaccinated have never made a peep as to wish the vaccinated will wear a mask to protect them . I would argue the vaxxed are much more concerned the unvaxxed will keep numbers up and contribute to the vaxxed having a higher chance of a break thru case .

As far as the vulnerable go , it’s obvious folks that are 70-75 and up and the very obese later middle age (55+ into Seniors are at great risk . 

I would like a updated stat as to the median age of current COVID deaths I.e( last 30 days ) the media is clear that most seem to be non vaccinated so I am just assuming it’s the two groups I mentioned above and those ages are the leaders even thou the stats show the 20-30 age group is the most hesitant to take the shot as they have some fertility concerns , aren’t that worried about their risk and thus some have decided they want more data . 

34 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Yeah nobody thought it.  We’ve discussed it a lot in the sports thread.  I figured they might get to .500 if lucky.

Pre-season simulation:

02452089-9E5A-4F39-A83C-60B6CA3870E2.jpeg.42ff175345ef74a8bbe1b88bfb4dc4f1.jpeg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah nobody thought it.  We’ve discussed it a lot in the sports thread.  I figured they might get to .500 if lucky. 

Last years 60 game schedule, no fans and COVID restrictions killed last season. My opinion was bringing back Cora has more to do with it than anything. What they added was ok, but Cora has them playing as a team.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

That is pretty accurate .

The non vaccinated have never made a peep as to wish the vaccinated will wear a mask to protect them . I would argue the vaxxed are much more concerned the unvaxxed will keep numbers up and contribute to the vaxxed having a higher chance of a break thru case .

As far as the vulnerable go , it’s obvious folks that are 70-75 and up and the very obese later middle age (55+ into Seniors are at great risk . 

I would like a updated stat as to the median age of current COVID deaths I.e( last 30 days ) the media is clear that most seem to be non vaccinated so I am just assuming it’s the two groups I mentioned above and those ages are the leaders even thou the stats show the 20-30 age group is the most hesitant to take the shot as they have some fertility concerns , aren’t that worried about their risk and thus some have decided they want more data . 

Yes. I would never preach or tell anyone to not get a shot if they fell they need it. In turn , I also expect them to not preach to those that choose not to get it. The evidence is clear in who is susceptible. So to each their own. It’s that simple 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Last years 60 game schedule, no fans and COVID restrictions killed last season. My opinion was bringing back Cora has more to do with it than anything. What they added was ok, but Cora has them playing as a team.

Yeah and pitching has been better than expected.  They had 5 all-stars the most of any team, and they’ve had times when guys like Kiki Hernandez or Hunter Renfroe have been as hot as anyone in the game.  Kiki right now is on fire, most extra-base hits of anyone in July I think I read?  Dude is torching the ball, and had another huge double tonight in a big spot.  Last night he had a little league home run (triple and error).

But I agree, I think Cora is a manager they all just love to play for.  He’s a players manager.  They relate to him and trust him.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I wonder if any other Yanks fans share my sentiments? I guess it’s just me in here. Everyone else either moved on or is a Sox fan or a Mets fan who will win the division solely because they are the best team in the worst division in MLB

Serious question. Is most of CT Yankees fans?

I always considered anything west of 91 and south of Hartford  as NY

12 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Serious question. Is most of CT Yankees fans?

I always considered anything west of 91 and south of Hartford  as NY

It’s 50/50. My area of the state.. really from about HFD northeast is Sox. But there’s many Yanks mixed in. You go SW of HFD.. it’s 95% Yanks. The rest is Sox and a few lonely Mets fans interspersed. I married into a diehard Sox family. I mean diehard. I met her in 91. Married in 2000. I had bragging rights for days and days .. years and years.. and then… that one Um playoff series. My world changed forever . And I will be the first to admit.. I miss the late 90’s and early 2000’s

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

If Sale is half the SP he used to be and they go out and obtain a #3 or even low end 4, they run away with the east and have a great chance to win the pennant. As a Yankees fan that is truly painful. I thought this was going to be their year. I really did . I was so excited . Baseball is far and away my favorite sport and I spend so much time with it . And then each “ worse loss of the season “ keeps happening and few weeks ago , I realized that if I didn’t resign myself that the season was done, I legit was going have heart attack no matter my health. This pill has been very hard to swallow . You guys have a very good team and should embrace it because good on paper teams can rip your heart out. As it was today. .. this was my remote as the 5th run scored. The cover is broken 
DK4ENGF.jpg

Thats awesome.  Lol I didn't watch but when I saw I said typical Boone move leaving Johnny Lasagna in and bringing in Britton too late.

19 minutes ago, forkyfork said:

i wish i could be there to laugh at him when he dies

18 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Not funny.  Not in the least.  

15 minutes ago, forkyfork said:

it's hilarious. i believe in karma now

Good evening forky.  It’s good that you believe. As the old saying goes, “He who laughs last, laughs best” . For many of us, you included, I’m sure it will be karma. As always …..