Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Met Summer Banter

HoarfrostHubb

4 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

As I’ve said before, the feds can’t make states do shyte. And it’ll be an advisory. I’d be surprised if baker does anything. He’s going to run again and he’s got Geoff Diehl primarying him on the right.  Baker won’t do anything to piss off his voters 

Are we sure? Many thought we’d never see it come back from a federal standpoint, and here we are, only 2 months later.

Baker has been just as cautious, if not more than the CDC guidance. If they issue guidance, he won’t hesitate to follow it

Just now, DotRat_Wx said:

Correct. Baker won't do anything. nor should he. 

But it won't be because of Diehl. That guy has zero shot of winning. Baker is the most popular governor in the nation.

Oh I agree with you Deihl has no shot. 
Any mask mandates now will just piss off the vaccinated and make the unvaxed even more defiant. That mask genie is out of the bottle. 
My buddy who lives in Santa Monica told me a couple days ago that a lot of people are ignoring the LA county order and businesses don’t give a damn either.  

15 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

Can you explain what being 'woke' has to do with anything?

At a basic level, it’s an insane and damaging focus on skin color, genitalia, and other “identity factors” over basic merit, skill, and intelligence. More specifically, in this case, it’s the useless and divisive virtue signaling that comes along with such beliefs. Hope that helps. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Are we sure? Many thought we’d never see it come back from a federal standpoint, and here we are, only 2 months later.

Baker has been just as cautious, if not more than the CDC guidance. If they issue guidance, he won’t hesitate to follow it

Nobody is in the hospital, only a handful. The death count is practically the same as it was 6-7 weeks ago. This is just cases. There will always be cases. All the masking and lockdowns were to keep the hospitals from overflowing. That’s not happening, at least here. Even where the hospital numbers are up, there’s nobody dying in the hallways.

1 minute ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Nobody is in the hospital, only a handful. The death count is practically the same as it was 6-7 weeks ago. This is just cases. There will always be cases. All the masking and lockdowns were to keep the hospitals from overflowing. That’s not happening, at least here. Even where the hospital numbers are up, there’s nobody dying in the hallways.

Delta is an overhyped joke and the media needs to be jailed for lying to people about it. 

Just now, PhineasC said:

My body, my choice, no?

When it comes to a contagious disease shutting down our economy, no. I don't think it should be a choice. It's a harmless vaccine if you take Pfizer or Moderna. It takes 30 seconds to be vaccinated and get it over with. I think it's borderline insane to not be vaccinated out of choice.

Yes, you can ride a motorcycle without a helmet in NH, but why the hell would you take the chance? Just take 15 seconds to put on a helmet.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DotRat_Wx said:

When it comes to a contagious disease shutting down our economy, no. I don't think it should be a choice. It's a harmless vaccine if you take Pfizer or Moderna. It takes 30 seconds to be vaccinated and get it over with. I think it's borderline insane to not be vaccinated out of choice.

Yes, you can ride a motorcycle without a helmet in NH, but why the hell would you take the chance? Just take 15 seconds to put on a helmet.

LOL at blaming the virus for “shutting down the economy.” No, the governors did that all by themselves. Put the blame in the right place. It’ll help this all make more sense. 

• Haha 1

Just now, PhineasC said:

It’s a forum. You guys can post about something else. We went like 16 hours straight without a post yesterday, so the post content mommies aren’t exactly leading by example. 

I'd much rather debate you and keep myself entertained than be bored at work, there's nothing else to talk about

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

It’s a forum. You guys can post about something else. We went like 16 hours straight without a post yesterday, so the post content mommies aren’t exactly leading by example. 

It’s a weather forum. I just don’t get how you two have the energy or care enough about COVID to debate it every single day.  It was interesting last year.  Tip of the cap though.  Cut out the media and the banter thread to remove COVID from life :lol:.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Delta is an overhyped joke and the media needs to be jailed for lying to people about it. 

can a variant merge with another variant? Gut says we'll see the delta variant doing that at some point and will create a more powerful variant. shrugs

8 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

This time of the year is boring so why not.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

The vaccines are ostensibly harmless for the vast, vast majority (I say that since long term data will have to be collected) but we shouldn't pretend like a tiny sliver of people don't have really serious side effects.  I'm not a fan of having vaccine mandates, certainly not at the govt level and even those that are employer/school based, but I understand there is a lot of precedent especially for the latter.  I'd probably get more onboard with vaccine mandates if the legal protections against these entities were removed.  I say this as someone who is fully vaxxed against covid.

1 minute ago, Hoosier said:

The vaccines are ostensibly harmless for the vast, vast majority (I say that since long term data will have to be collected) but we shouldn't pretend like a tiny sliver of people don't have really serious side effects.  I'm not a fan of having vaccine mandates, certainly not at the govt level and even those that are employer/school based, but I understand there is a lot of precedent especially for the latter.  I'd probably get more onboard with vaccine mandates if the legal protections against these entities were removed.  I say this as someone who is fully vaxxed against covid.

I'm pretty sure all the side effects have been J&J. I could be wrong.

7 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

It’s a weather forum. I just don’t get how you two have the energy or care enough about COVID to debate it every single day.  It was interesting last year.  Tip of the cap though.  Cut out the media and the banter thread to remove COVID from life :lol:.

You keep responding to it day after day and reading every post, though. It draws you in same as everyone else. The pretend aloof routine has always been your schtick. :)  

• Haha 1

Well...for a rather obvious reason, the COVID issue is not over.   Not even calculably imaginatively can one begin to think so if their 'take' on current affairs ( and probably any ability for prognostic sensibility ) has enough merit to be heard. 

The ramifications on society ... many of which haven't been realized, are coming.  

Now, maybe those will be negligible.  But we don't know until we know. Hate to say stupid common function of speech like that, but obviousness and the court of meme-opinion in the Internet era, too oft part company when the mojo narrative at hand doesn't fit reality.  

Fact of the matter is, we may be 'bored' with the COVID topic,  but it still very much a massive and major issue in civilization right now. 

That's proooobably the impetus behind why it keeps coming up -

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

These boards have always had content police. Like wxtrix in the MA forum. It’s a control freak thing I think. Like eavesdropping at a crowded restaurant and complaining to the manager about what you heard. 

gotta be tough for a control freak like you.

8 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

These boards have always had content police. Like wxtrix in the MA forum. It’s a control freak thing I think. Like eavesdropping at a crowded restaurant and complaining to the manager about what you heard. 

I don't know exactly who we are speaking about, nor want to impugn/be involved in any finger pointing but ... yeah -

I don't think there is an electrical pulse dog collar zapping anyone if they dare open a different web interface and doing something else ?  is there -

• Like 1