Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Met Summer Banter

HoarfrostHubb

1 hour ago, Lava Rock said:

Back porch. Side note, broken elbow surgery last month cost 25,000. Thankfully only responsible for 2K, but have to laugh at the cost of things. $300 for one bone drill bit of which I needed seven. Then the plate and screws in my arm cost 4400. Good stuff

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

One shot of duralone last month for my knee cost 2400,just got a 330 bill.

5 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Here in Hillbilly CT the place you are glad you are not in,I don't know anyone not vaccinated and that's a huge family and friend list. Our death and case rate is and has been miniscule compared to your big city. So fuking glad I was never there.

Steve, I am busting kev. Not you. I drove through moosup today for the first time. Nice area

8 minutes ago, alex said:

Is there a place to see expired warnings? We have a guest who wants to sue us because he went outside in the middle of a severe thunderstorm warning and something fell on him. People are so dumb. 

Oh man. This sounds like something that would happen to my company. :(  People are dumb and don’t take responsibility for their own actions. 

1 hour ago, DotRat_Wx said:

In all seriousness, this thread really does help me get out some frustration. I hope I don't piss anyone off too much. It's been an emotional day or so. I found out my uncle died last night of COVID. He was unvaccinated. Second family death in two months. Some have asked me why I'm so personally angered by things or how things are normal and I'm being an idiot (according to kev). But things are far from normal right now in this country. 

Sorry for your loss, Jay. 

2 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Tree House and pork chops.  Picked up some local corn from a farm in Woodstock that looks awesome.  Haven’t seen any local corn yet up north but these stalks are huge down here.  Rain FTW?

Oh, that’s right, you’re in CT. I was wondering where in the hell you got local corn around here. 

4 minutes ago, mreaves said:

Oh, that’s right, you’re in CT. I was wondering where in the hell you got local corn around here. 

Corn was phenomenal, had to have a couple ears.  Blows away the crap we bought up north in VT last week.  It was half the size and white instead of yellow, ha.  Like $0.15 an ear in Morrisville :lol:.

34 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Corn was phenomenal, had to have a couple ears.  Blows away the crap we bought up north in VT last week.  It was half the size and white instead of yellow, ha.  Like $0.15 an ear in Morrisville :lol:.

My favorite summer staple. We get butter sugar from a farm in Westerly that has been using the same seed and ground for over 100 years. Melts in your mouth

• Like 3

Emotional day upcoming tomorrow as I head to Mystic with my wife  and her family to  spread her dads ashes out in Block Island Sound.  It’s been a few months since he passed  and we’ve been waiting till the summer to do this,  it’s going to a small ceremony but family is coming from all over the northeast.  

• Like 2

Kinda hard to believe that national average cases per day were not that far above 10k as recently as late June.  

Not necessarily shocking to see rising numbers, but if you expected it to increase this much this fast, good for you but you're probably lying.  Fwiw, the highest daily case number in the 2020 summer surge was near 80k.  May beat that at some point at the rate things are going.  Yeah, things are more open now, but the southern US in particular wasn't exactly locked down nor having severe restrictions in the summer of 2020.  I'm not sure how much more "open" they are now compared to last year at this time.

Screenshot_20210723-194126.thumb.png.dce35c49312013bed55b99566970fe1f.png

2 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Kinda hard to believe that national average cases per day were not that far above 10k as recently as late June.  

Not necessarily shocking to see rising numbers, but if you expected it to increase this much this fast, good for you but you're probably lying.  Fwiw, the highest daily case number in the 2020 summer surge was near 80k.  May beat that at some point at the rate things are going.  Yeah, things are more open now, but the southern US in particular wasn't exactly locked down nor having severe restrictions in the summer of 2020.  I'm not sure how much more "open" they are now compared to last year at this time.

Screenshot_20210723-194126.thumb.png.dce35c49312013bed55b99566970fe1f.png

Why do you care? You watch these numbers like a broker watches the stock ticker. 
Seems like you’re running yourself crazy worrying about it. 
Ive tried to stop looking at them. It is what it is and we have to move on. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Why do you care? You watch these numbers like a broker watches the stock ticker. 
Seems like you’re running yourself crazy worrying about it. 
Ive tried to stop looking at them. It is what it is and we have to move on. 

I do watch the numbers regularly.  Believe it or not, it is possible to post about rising numbers without freaking out.  I'm simply making observations.  I am not in here advocating for a return of restrictions/mask mandates. 

• Like 1