Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Met Summer Banter

HoarfrostHubb

8 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

A majority of cases in places such as Israel and the UK are vaccinated people. If those countries shut back down it isn’t because of the unvaccinated here in the US… have you actually thought about any of this for more than 2 seconds? LOL

The vaccination rate in Israel is not what you think.   I think all 6 New England states exceed it.   The biggest issue is that like here there is a sizable resistance to vaccinate in a similar age demographic.   So when israel opened up, the increasing delta variant was like a no brainer.   Many areas of the USA exceed Israel’s rate.

4 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

Don't tell him that. There's zero proof we need boosters yet. He's already made up his mind though. Fits his narrative 

LOL so mad that I won't get a vaccine after you already got your own.

Just go live your life and stop worrying about what medicines some rando on the Internet is or isn't taking.

If you think the unvaccinated are what's causing your life to be ****ed up, you will always be stuck in first gear.

1 minute ago, weathafella said:

The vaccination rate in Israel is not what you think.   I think all 6 New England states exceed it.   The biggest issue is that like here there is a sizable resistance to vaccinate in a similar age demographic.   So when israel opened up, the increasing delta variant was like a no brainer.   Many areas of the USA exceed Israel’s rate.

Yes, but Israel has acknowledged a high case count amongst the vaccinated. The vaccinated can spread it to each other. No clue why that narrative got twisted around.

1 minute ago, PhineasC said:

LOL so mad that I won't get a vaccine after you already got your own.

Just go live your life and stop worrying about what medicines some rando on the Internet is or isn't taking.

If you think the unvaccinated are what's causing your life to be ****ed up, you will always be stuck in first gear.

You are the poster child of why we are having discussions of masks returning. You are ****ing up our chance to return to normal. How do you not see how this effects everyone? Stop making it about you 

1 minute ago, DotRat_Wx said:

You are the poster child of why we are having discussions of masks returning. You are ****ing up our chance to return to normal. How do you not see how this effects everyone? Stop making it about you 

None of the unvaccinated are asking for masks to return. That's all from your side. 

This entire debate also assumes that none of the unvaccinated have immunity already.

People are so tweaked out now. We are operating under such a weird dynamic. Attacking and vilifying the healthy as the cause of the pandemic.

Masks aren’t really returning For vaccinated  People because non vaccinated aren’t getting their shots . 

I mean , I’m vaccinated and I don’t give a fuk who is or isn’t . I don’t blame unvaccinated people for bring masks back .that’s garbage imo. It’s fear mongering crap that cable all media has reverted to For ratings and success .

So a bunch of 20-30 year olds won’t get vaccinated and they will 99% be fine and not be hospitalized , the left media whips people into a frenzy . And if a vaccinated person gets a a break thru case they have shown to be 95% protected from hospitalization .

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, bch2014 said:

I am vaccinated and encourage everyone to get vaxxed but people in the northeast need to open their eyes and see that there are plenty of people unvaccinated all around us. Plenty of towns in Mass (Bristol County, Hampden County, certain parts of Boston, etc) where vaxx rates are lagging. Focus on that before getting all uptight about what's going on in Missouri.

I know local police officers and emergency responders that are not vaccinated. 
A friend of mine who is an officer in a local town, that has about 15 full-time and part-time officers, said that majority in his department are not vaccinated. 

1 hour ago, DotRat_Wx said:

Be more brainwashed. 

Anti vaxxers are so tough. Taking a vaccine to protect yourself is somehow 'north korea'. News flash, they don't have a vaccine because it's a third world country. 

People are a special kind of stupid in 2021. If it was 2001, everyone would get the vaccine. But thanks to fox News and Facebook somehow a life saving vaccine is communism. 

Demented. 

i'm vaccinated ya dingus.  The notion of federally mandating a vaccine is lunacy in this country, that's my only point.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

we aren't returning to normal because of big brother....it's not like the virus itself is grabbing a mask and putting it on our face lol.  We might spike a little, but then subside.  It'll be ok. 

28 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

yeah Fox News is starting to fold up shop on the Anti Vaxx position they've held....

Well Fox News itself has very strict guidelines itself.  You need to upload your vaccination if you work there to the HR program.  Otherwise you are masking still.

It definitely does not fit with what most think of Fox News.

7618C507-9A7B-436B-8EB4-5BFE0F59B28C.jpeg.b77316bd6f57c4c085911dc0bef5a629.jpeg

26 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

You should work for fox News. Just keep tossing crap out there. vaccine-hesitancy-politics-promo-1618625338107-superJumbo.thumb.png.6b8b74a79ee96d5ffb7ca735a1799459.png

I love these kind of scatter plots. They don't evince 'as much' of what they are intended to, for me.  

The 'elephant' that constellation of points draws is really that rural people tend to be dumb f'n rubes, period. Rubes believe b.s.... they do.  Stereotype?  Tough shit - eat reality and like it.  Less educated types are easily beguiled.    

It's funny how that scatter plot turns this into political distinction, though.  Yeah, I guess Trumpism sort of requires the gullibility - but it's still a goodly amount misleading.

There are plenty of folk out there that just don't trust vaccines, regardless of whether they are GOP this ...Dem liberal that - in fact, the majority of anti-vaccine types: that came from the liberals originally...about 15 or 20 years ago - hello.

There are those that are also religiously rooted, too - but it is also a vaguely supported stereotype at best, that religion should be automatically cast/assumed to be GOP as their political leanings anyway.  It's a percentage game when it comes to politics vs religion. We have to be gaslighted over not wearing masks and not getting vaccines, because 10 % of the population mass is at risk of x-y-z, yet ... we cast all humans that don't want vaccines as tongue fu'ing Trumpism?  Got it - hypocrisy much.  It's bullshit. 

The whole f'n thing is based on perception.  We live in a world blessed with hiding in falsity when we don't like the disillusionment of reality - and it is gotten so bad, distinction is know longer knowable.   What we need is humility at a species level.  You know ... make the right decision or your kids don't eat and they DIE.  

We'll see how quickly that sobers people up to facts ...the rest?  That's Darwinism. 

9 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

What part of your life right now is abnormal right now?  I'm able to do everything that I was able to do prior to the pandemic.  Majority of us are living our normal lives again.

• Like 3

Be more brainwashed. 

Anti vaxxers are so tough. Taking a vaccine to protect yourself is somehow 'north korea'. News flash, they don't have a vaccine because it's a third world country. 

People are a special kind of stupid in 2021. If it was 2001, everyone would get the vaccine. But thanks to fox News and Facebook somehow a life saving vaccine is communism. 

Demented. 

Even if your vaccinated you can still catch and spread the virus. It seems like the vaccine only lowers the mortality rate. Look at the numbers in the UK. They use the same vaccines as US.

30 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Yes, but Israel has acknowledged a high case count amongst the vaccinated. The vaccinated can spread it to each other. No clue why that narrative got twisted around.

I think you missed the point.  Vaccinated people don’t have much risk of becoming really sick or dying but can they spread the virus to the non vaccinated?   Because it’s clear so many people are choosing not to be vaccinated I have made the decision to mask up indoors in pubic places like supermarkets.

13 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Well Fox News itself has very strict guidelines itself.  You need to upload your vaccination if you work there to the HR program.  Otherwise you are masking still.

It definitely does not fit with what most think of Fox News.

7618C507-9A7B-436B-8EB4-5BFE0F59B28C.jpeg.b77316bd6f57c4c085911dc0bef5a629.jpeg

Fox News is owned by the same elite rich class that owns all the other TV networks. The idea that they are the "opposition" is just made-up theater for the masses. Like a fake professional wrestling feud.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, weathafella said:

I think you missed the point.  Vaccinated people don’t have much risk of becoming really sick or dying but can they spread the virus to the non vaccinated?   Because it’s clear so many people are choosing not to be vaccinated I have made the decision to mask up indoors in pubic places like supermarkets.

I guess that was your point, that's not really what I was talking about, though.

Be more brainwashed. 

Demented. 

Kind of misses the point.  Being compelled to take the vaccine by the federal government smacks of dictatorship. What states, school districts, private sector entities do is something else.  (Disclosure:  I was fully vaccinated - Moderna - early last spring.)
I wonder if the non-vaxx opinions will change once the drugs get full approval.  Unfortunately, I don't think it will make all that much difference.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Cyclone-68 said:

If I ever find the guy who ate that bat and started this I’m going to give him a very strongly worded letter 

More like the scientist that screwed up or lab worker who sold test animals to wet market down the street. 

The latter has already happened at the lab. Worker trying to get sone extra cash.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

What part of your life right now is abnormal right now?  I'm able to do everything that I was able to do prior to the pandemic.  Majority of us are living our normal lives again.

This cannot be stated enough.  Which is why it’s hard to believe this discussion continues day after day if people don’t watch the news.  But I guess the discussion is usually about topics in the news.

• Like 1

Just now, powderfreak said:

This cannot be stated enough.  Which is why it’s hard to believe this discussion continues day after day if people don’t watch the news.  But I guess the discussion is usually about topics in the news.

Jay is definitely in the minority view.  I think he needs to step away from the Twitter/Facebook machines for a while.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Kind of misses the point.  Being compelled to take the vaccine by the federal government smacks of dictatorship. What states, school districts, private sector entities do is something else.  (Disclosure:  I was fully vaccinated - Moderna - early last spring.)
I wonder if the non-vaxx opinions will change once the drugs get full approval.  Unfortunately, I don't think it will make all that much difference.

This should be handled at the community, business, and family level. Businesses can feel free to close down to unvaccinated if they choose. Very few to none have done so, however, which is pretty telling IMO.

We are just going to have to learn to live with the virus. It isn’t going away. We have a vaccine and that’s about the best we can ask for. It sucks that so many people died but we are still living in a great time medically speaking overall compared to what people dealt with in the past. There should not be anymore restrictions put into place. 

• Like 1