Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Met Summer Banter

HoarfrostHubb

39 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

Not happening....

Yeah definitely not. 

It'll be up to businesses honestly that's probably the only way to get more people vaccinated. 

If suddenly you can't go anywhere without proof of vaccination then you're kinda screwed. 

Even Republicans are hopping aboard the vaxx train. Once anti-vaxxers start hurting them politically & financially it's game over for that crowd. 

1 minute ago, SnoSki14 said:

Yeah definitely not. 

It'll be up to businesses honestly that's probably the only way to get more people vaccinated. 

If suddenly you can't go anywhere without proof of vaccination then you're kinda screwed. 

Even Republicans are hopping aboard the vaxx train. Once anti-vaxxers start hurting them politically & financially it's game over for that crowd. 

We should do exactly what France did. 

6 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

Yeah definitely not. 

You do realize that unless you keep getting a shot once or perhaps twice a year forever you will turn into an “anti-vaxxer” yourself, right?

16 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

Be more brainwashed. 

Anti vaxxers are so tough. Taking a vaccine to protect yourself is somehow 'north korea'. News flash, they don't have a vaccine because it's a third world country. 

People are a special kind of stupid in 2021. If it was 2001, everyone would get the vaccine. But thanks to fox News and Facebook somehow a life saving vaccine is communism. 

Demented. 

No clue why the vaccinated get so damned mad when another adult makes a different choice of what to do with their own body. It’s freaking weird. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PhineasC said:

No clue why the vaccinated get so damned mad when another adult makes a different choice of what to do with their own body. It’s freaking weird. 

Your selfishness is hurting my 401k, the economy, other human beings. Let's stop acting like it's heroic to not get it

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

So at my doctor's physical once a year I have to get a shot that takes 15 seconds. Wow scary 

A large number of Americans are not going to get the COVID vaccine the next time around. It’ll be like the uptake on the flu vaccine for those under 65. You are going to need to calm down and accept unvaccinated people in your midst. If you trust the vaccines, then there is nothing to fear. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Exactly.  Your body your choice.  No other human should tell someone what to do with their body.  Universal belief there.

Since people asked me  heh   ... I was never an 'anti vaccine' dude.

I just never thought about getting one.  Most dudes in my various social bubbles are the same.  Their up in it with life and don't think about it.  And guess what?  They're healthy-  ...worrying on about mortgage and career and their kids special needs or talents, global warming and the Red Sox. 

I was always just in good enough health and fitness that it didn't matter, as I was wending my way through life as a [ I guess ] self-centered typical American asshole. 

In fact, being raised and socialized entirely within the gestalt of Assoledium, I didn't even know I was an asshole.

But what this whole saga has evinced is that people are assholes for not getting vaccinated - whether they know it or not.  It's built in gaslighting... Because the guilt precedes the accusation, when people don't even know they are assholes for breathing. 

the majority of people out there are still not going to die or even suffer permanent jack shit from this f'n thing. But because someone else "might" that's enough to make people feel ashamed for living. So, now the dudes in the social bubbles 'ill have to add that to the list, I guess.

In the year 1642, people understood what it meant,  "tough shit then you die"     Now?  entitlement drives all this vitriol. 

Awesome... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am vaccinated and encourage everyone to get vaxxed but people in the northeast need to open their eyes and see that there are plenty of people unvaccinated all around us. Plenty of towns in Mass (Bristol County, Hampden County, certain parts of Boston, etc) where vaxx rates are lagging. Focus on that before getting all uptight about what's going on in Missouri.

Just now, PhineasC said:

A large number of Americans are not going to get the COVID vaccine the next time around. It’ll be like the uptake on the flu vaccine for those under 65. You are going to need to calm down and accept unvaccinated people in your midst. If you trust the vaccines, then there is nothing to fear. 

There is no fear I'm tired of dealing with bullshit caused by morons who refuse to get the vaccine

11 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

Your selfishness is hurting my 401k, the economy, other human beings. Let's stop acting like it's heroic to not get it

A majority of cases in places such as Israel and the UK are vaccinated people. If those countries shut back down it isn’t because of the unvaccinated here in the US… have you actually thought about any of this for more than 2 seconds? LOL

2 minutes ago, bch2014 said:

I am vaccinated and encourage everyone to get vaxxed but people in the northeast need to open their eyes and see that there are plenty of people unvaccinated all around us. Plenty of towns in Mass (Bristol County, Hampden County, certain parts of Boston, etc) where vaxx rates are lagging. Focus on that before getting all uptight about what's going on in Missouri.

Or maybe just worry about your own lives instead of interrogating others over their personal health decisions?

I really get the feeling many vaxxed people do not trust the vaccines very much…

27 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

Yeah definitely not. 

yeah Fox News is starting to fold up shop on the Anti Vaxx position they've held....

Just now, Brian5671 said:

yeah Fox News is starting to fold up shop on the Anti Vaxx position they've held....

Why do people keep pushing this myth that it’s old Trump Boomers refusing the vax? That isn’t the case at all. There are wide swaths of vaccine resistance among the young and minorities. They don’t watch Fox News. 

2 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Or maybe just worry about your own lives instead of interrogating others over their personal health decisions?

I really get the feeling many vaxxed people do not trust the vaccines very much…

Seems like your scared of vaccines. Some kind of needle fear left over from childhood? 

2 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

There's some truth to what you're saying, but the more "bullets in the air" (i.e. transmission in the community largely due to the unvaxxed), the more likely a breakthrough infection.

90% efficacy against 100 bullets means I'll likely get hit by 10, 90% efficacy against 10 bullets means I'll get hit by 1. 

For some good news, looks like the UK delta wave has peaked.

https://twitter.com/ScottGottliebMD/status/1418603943257460739?s=20

3 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Why do people keep pushing this myth that it’s old Trump Boomers refusing the vax? That isn’t the case at all. There are wide swaths of vaccine resistance among the young and minorities. They don’t watch Fox News. 

You should work for fox News. Just keep tossing crap out there. vaccine-hesitancy-politics-promo-1618625338107-superJumbo.thumb.png.6b8b74a79ee96d5ffb7ca735a1799459.png

35 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

I wonder what the next anti vax excuse will be?

With vaccines about to be fully approved. 

with very little long term safety data. I got vaxed and I'm pro vax, but also respect the decision of those that don't want it because of limited long term data. Realistically, as a vax scientist, I'm pretty confident the mRNA vax's will prove to be safe long term, but just because FDA approves them now shouldn't magically seem like there may not be issues with them.

• Like 1