Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Met Summer Banter

HoarfrostHubb

1 hour ago, dryslot said:

Trying to buy new is almost impossible right now as they have no inventory because of the computer chip shortage, They won't even let the customer order a vehicle with the options they want at the dealer i was at And its Rowe here in Auburn who has like 6 dealerships, A friend of mine was not even in the market to sell his 2018 GMC Denali pick up, He was at the dealer (O'conners GMC)on some other business and they asked him if he wanted to sell his truck, He said not really but they told him let us make you an offer anyways, They came back and offered him $3,000 more then he paid 3 yrs ago so he sold it on the spot, That's how hard up these dealers are for inventory and the reason why used pricing is high, If you don't buy it, The next person will, When i committed to my Kia, They had someone else come in an hour later to buy it who tried it out after me.

They gave me 4K more for my trade than I paid foe the truck in February 2020. Absolutely absurd. Never a better time to get rid of a good truck than right now.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

They gave me 4K more for my trade than I paid foe the truck in February 2020. Absolutely absurd. Never a better time to get rid of a good truck than right now.

1 minute ago, Lava Rock said:

that's crazy and i thought we got a good trade. your trade must have been same or more than orig sticker?

Dealers are looking for specific vehicles that they are getting inquiries on and are willing to payout as there going to get it on the other end right now.

5 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

It’s a 2017 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT Z71… I bought it with 68k miles for $27000… I traded it in today with 79k miles for $31000. 

I'm going to be in the market for another pick up in a year or so, I have a 2005 Chevy Duramax 2500HD with 110,000 miles, On KBB, It's still worth between $13-16,000, I have 3 guys that want my truck aand keep inquiring to let them know when i want to sell it, I had bought it new but will not be buying new again, I use to lease before that purchase and may go back to doing so again as new truck pricing is ridiculous as well as used.

1 hour ago, mreaves said:

They try and steer you towards their financing but I don't think they can require you to use it though, can they?  If they give you a better price by using it, take it and then re-finance with your preferred lender.  I've done that before.

i bought a new truck recently. was pre-approved through my bank for 2.15%. Dealer gave me $1500 off to take their financing at 2.25%. cost me $1 more/month ($600 total) and saved me $900. no brainer

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Issue is just finding something else to replace it with. Same as an overheated housing market. Sure, you can sell and make a killing, but you need somewhere else to go.

35 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Issue is just finding something else to replace it with. Same as an overheated housing market. Sure, you can sell and make a killing, but you need somewhere else to go.

Yeah I make that comment to my wife when we are shocked at how much our house has appreciated in value since we bought it in early 2017. I say "We could sell and pocket hundreds of thousands of dollars....but then we'd have to overpay for an even more expensive house".....lol.

I guess we could make a killing if we just sold and moved to Rumford Maine or something. :lol:

• Haha 3

My Brother just got word a sales job opened up in central mass and CT region with staples corporate , so he is transferring from Nashville to most likely Worcester .

I tried my best to get him to go west side Of ORH or  to Paxton /Holden but Seems like he like a place at 550’  down town 

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Holy shit. I'm sure you can find an abandoned Yugo in Moosup, CT for cheap money.

My mom won of those on the radio lol . We didn’t know what it was to it showed up 

My car two weeks ago died . Got a better new car last week , excited every time I drive it 

KIa technicians are going to look at my dead car to see if the open recall on engine seizing is responsible for engine seizing , that would be nice 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah I make that comment to my wife when we are shocked at how much our house has appreciated in value since we bought it in early 2017. I say "We could sell and pocket hundreds of thousands of dollars....but then we'd have to overpay for an even more expensive house".....lol.

I guess we could make a killing if we just sold and moved to Rumford Maine or something. :lol:

There and in Jay Maine, People can't leave those mill towns fast enough or afford too.

49 minutes ago, SJonesWX said:

i bought a new truck recently. was pre-approved through my bank for 2.15%. Dealer gave me $1500 off to take their financing at 2.25%. cost me $1 more/month ($600 total) and saved me $900. no brainer

I went fishing on Lake Ontario last month, the captain bought a F2150 Ford and they offered him 10K more than he paid for it a few months ago. Like he said, then what do I but so he refused.

1 hour ago, dryslot said:

I'm going to be in the market for another pick up in a year or so, I have a 2005 Chevy Duramax 2500HD with 110,000 miles, On KBB, It's still worth between $13-16,000, I have 3 guys that want my truck aand keep inquiring to let them know when i want to sell it, I had bought it new but will not be buying new again, I use to lease before that purchase and may go back to doing so again as new truck pricing is ridiculous as well as used.

The price of a new truck is so cost prohibitive unless you’re making big bucks. Some on the lot today we’re early over 90k

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I ended up buying a Ford Edge titanium with 23k miles on it for $32,500… definitely a little higher than probably a non covid time… but it was certainly offset and then some by the truck

• Like 1

Knock on wood, my ‘18 Jeep GC has been awesome so far. I bought out the lease last year and haven’t had car payments in 14 months. Past FCA owners say to get rid of it before it hits 60k. That’s when the problems start. I’m at 40k and drive 12k a year, so I’m good for at least another 1.5-2 years hopefully. 

I bought a new 2021 Canyon Denali in February at a reasonable price, so I assume that was just before the market really went nuts. The salesman was going on about how I wouldn't be able to find a new truck in a few months' time. At the time I brushed it off as a slightly embellished version of the usual shtick, but in retrospect, I guess he was right. 

It turned out to not be my favorite truck ever. If someone offered me over sticker price for it, I'd probably hand them the keys on the spot. 

2 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

I bought a new 2021 Canyon Denali in February at a reasonable price, so I assume that was just before the market really went nuts. The salesman was going on about how I wouldn't be able to find a new truck in a few months' time. At the time I brushed it off as a slightly embellished version of the usual shtick, but in retrospect, I guess he was right. 

It turned out to not be my favorite truck ever. If someone offered me over sticker price for it, I'd probably hand them the keys on the spot. 

I've looked at those for our next vehicle.  What don't you like about them?

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

Seriously though ...

I have family back in western lower Michigan.  The region still has it's ills but by and large, it is apparently improved tremendously.  Lots of newer construction and of course, Kalamazoo is a college town with a couple universities and a handful of 2-year CC's.   Kids are apparently opting to graduate and stay in the area because houses are so cheap by ours and california/florida type standards, by factors actually.   500 K property here is like 80 ..90 K there.   You could sell your house, and by one out right there, and have a puffy nest egg left over... And the only thing sacrificed is big snow winters - lol... which may be worth it, I dunno. 

But I've been thinking about it.  I keep getting mail fliers and postcards, and random cold calls and texts from anxious home buyers.

But I don't get it - if they are going to buy my property and raise the fugger and build a new one... how are they going resell ?  I'm not sure I get the economic circuitry here.  I don't juggle concepts in real-estate economics like atmospheric telecon spreads -