Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Met Summer Banter

HoarfrostHubb

6 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

So I got approved for auto financing through Bank of America. I have the letter they say to print out so the dealership can use it.

Im looking at a vehicle tomorrow. Should I without the information that I am already approved? Or come right out with it?

Deal for the car and only the car. Don’t talk trade or financing. Just deal for the new car. Once you get the price your looking for, then deal the trade. Hit them with the financing last. They want to finance it so they can make a half a point or more. If they know upfront they won’t get the financing, they’ll make it up on the price. 

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

So I got approved for auto financing through Bank of America. I have the letter they say to print out so the dealership can use it.

Im looking at a vehicle tomorrow. Should I without the information that I am already approved? Or come right out with it?

Absolutely not.  Big hints, car dealers can give you 1500 less without a hit to them, don't sign up for fancy waxing, car protection stuff. Get a great warranty package and tell them you want free oil changes for the life of the loan. Always always walk out and say you will get back to them. Do your research !!

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Deal for the car and only the car. Don’t talk trade or financing. Just deal for the new car. Once you get the price your looking for, then deal the trade. Hit them with the financing last. They want to finance it so they can make a half a point or more. If they know upfront they won’t get the financing, they’ll make it up on the price. 

13 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Agree violently.   What are you looking to get?

10 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Absolutely not.  Big hints, car dealers can give you 1500 less without a hit to them, don't sign up for fancy waxing, car protection stuff. Get a great warranty package and tell them you want free oil changes for the life of the loan. Always always walk out and say you will get back to them. Do your research !!

Thanks. I’m looking at a Ford Edge titanium. My commute with my new gig just tripled, so I can’t keep the gas guzzling truck.

I usually pass on all warranties. My brother worked at a dealership as a mechanic, and he said they just aren’t worth it; as they don’t end up covering what people thing they do.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Thanks. I’m looking at a Ford Edge titanium. My commute with my new gig just tripled, so I can’t keep the gas guzzling truck.

I usually pass on all warranties. My brother worked at a dealership as a mechanic, and he said they just aren’t worth it; as they don’t end up covering what people thing they do.

Most important thing is don't let them rush you and don't settle. If they start effing you around just leave.

8 minutes ago, kdxken said:

Most important thing is don't let them rush you and don't settle. If they start effing you around just leave.

Yup. I won’t hesitate. I don’t need to do a deal, I have a working vehicle. I have kbb for my vehicle and the prospective vehicle printed out. I know what mines worth, and what there’s is worth 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Not taking about the UK. I couldnt care less about them. They used the Astra Zeneca vax mostly. It’s crap.
 In the US unvaxed are driving the increased cases. I know you’re an anti covid vaxer. So be it. But numbers don’t lie. Unvaxed are the majority of people getting it right now in the US. 
The problem with the anti vax folks is the more the virus spreads, the more it mutates. The more it mutates, the bigger the chance a mutant emerges that is truly vax resistant. And that’s a problem.  
Not sure why people don’t just get the damn shot. I truly don’t. 

Dr. House knows.

dr.-house.jpg

• Haha 5

9 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Yeah. Extended warranties are crap.  Might as well buy lottery tix with the money.  Good luck.   Both in the car shopping and the new gig

I buy extended warranties with major appliances.  Our neighbor is a repair man and he said the failure rate on new washing machines nowadays is one in four within 3 years.   That is ridiculous and sad.

14 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I buy extended warranties with major appliances.  Our neighbor is a repair man and he said the failure rate on new washing machines nowadays is one in four within 3 years.   That is ridiculous and sad.

That’s terrible.   Our washing machine (and dryer) are from 1996.   We just replaced our oven that was 25 years old.  Our first refrigerator was still in good shape at age 18 when we replaced it due to size. 
I doubt our new fridge and stove last anywhere near that

• Like 1

I usually buy an extended warranty, but never at the dealer when I buy the vehicle. I get an after market.  My wife and I both put at least 25k a year on our respective vehicles. We keep a car for 8 years and trade one every 4 so we dont have 2 payments. So that many miles per year, the extended does pay. The POS GMC Acadia we traded last year was in the shop for one thing or another all the time. The extended saved me a few thousand over the life of that piece of crap. My Lexus on the other hand hasn’t been in the shop once since I bought it new in 2015. 

1 hour ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

We bought a new washer 6 years ago. It was delivered, hooked up, and proceeded to flood the laundry room within 5 minutes. 
Had a kitchen aid dishwasher crap out after 9 years, but I figured it lasted ok and bought another one. My Jenn Aire fridge is 13 and still cranking. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

We bought a new washer 6 years ago. It was delivered, hooked up, and proceeded to flood the laundry room within 5 minutes. 
Had a kitchen aid dishwasher crap out after 9 years, but I figured it lasted ok and bought another one. My Jenn Aire fridge is 13 and still cranking. 

For some reason, that made me laugh. I have to purchase a washer/dryer in Sept. researching decent brands now. Anyone have any recommendations? They will need to be stackable. 

8 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

For some reason, that made me laugh. I have to purchase a washer/dryer in Sept. researching decent brands now. Anyone have any recommendations? They will need to be stackable. 

Is size an issue on the stackable?  We just recently purchased a GE package at Yale.  This is the washer.  We will have it stacked with the Dryer.  After doing our research GE has the best repair history of all the major brands.  We also went thru Yale since they do all the service if you ever have any issues.

https://www.yaleappliance.com/laundry/full-size/front-load-washers/GFW850SPNRS 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Made in China FTL.

• Like 1

When you go into the little room with the sweaty sales manager, it's best to put him on edge by aggressively meeting his gaze, cutting him off right as he tries to speak, and simply stating, "I WANT EVERYTHING" in a low growl. Don't settle for anything less than the following:

Three coats of undercoating

Paint protection

Separate 5, 10, 15 year warranties

Free oil changes

Three sets of floormats

Double running boards (need to have a spare)

Wheel locks

Rain visors for all windows

Ground-effect LEDs

Body trim kits

Medical insurance through the dealership

Rear parkbench spoiler

Upgraded 22"-24" powder coated rims

Truck bed liner (get it even if it isn't a truck)

Bed tonneau cover

Upgraded leather interior

Free carwashes for the rest of your life

Limo tint for all windows

• Haha 1

Don't get me started on washer and dryers. But bought extended warranties and so far in 3 years 4 different repairs, 2 on each. Didnt cost me anything but time waiting for repair man sucked. We often foster puppies and washing and drying cloth pee pads is a must. Otherwise its only us 2 and in the summer its only tees shorts underwear and towels for me, women well we all know... lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PhineasC said:

When you go into the little room with the sweaty sales manager, it's best to put him on edge by aggressively meeting his gaze, cutting him off right as he tries to speak, and simply stating, "I WANT EVERYTHING" in a low growl. Don't settle for anything less than the following:

Three coats of undercoating

Paint protection

Separate 5, 10, 15 year warranties

Free oil changes

Three sets of floormats

Double running boards (need to have a spare)

Wheel locks

Rain visors for all windows

Ground-effect LEDs

Body trim kits

Medical insurance through the dealership

Rear parkbench spoiler

Upgraded 22"-24" powder coated rims

Truck bed liner (get it even if it isn't a truck)

Bed tonneau cover

Upgraded leather interior

Free carwashes for the rest of your life

Limo tint for all windows

Lol but I actually got most of those on my Colorado. Bought it when demand for my 2500 Silverado was high, got 3k over trade in value for snow plow equipped truck. Feb 2015. Wonder why snow plow trucks were in desperate need that year?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

FWIW, most of the Covid cases in the Cape Cod outbreak are in vaccinated individuals. 

And this is why we need to stop the case counts - they are doing their job (so far)..in preventing serious illness. 

Morse reported most individuals are experiencing "mild symptoms." According to medical experts, fully vaccinated individuals are far less likely to become severely ill, and hospitalized, if infected with COVID-19.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/cape-cod-covid-19-cluster-grows-130-infected/story?id=78956381

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Mass testing vaccinated individuals FTL

Yeah..130 out of how many? probably 10's of thousands of vaccinated individuals. The delta could be more effective at breaking through..but nothing is suggesting the MRNA vaccines aren't doing their job. 

Here's another - I'm actually pleasantly surprised with the last sentence, given the age of those infected. 

A Cape Cod nursing home has reported 33 cases of Covid. Fortunately, all have been vaccinated and have no or mild symptoms.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SouthCoastMA said:

And this is why we need to stop the case counts - they are doing their job (so far)..in preventing serious illness. 

Morse reported most individuals are experiencing "mild symptoms." According to medical experts, fully vaccinated individuals are far less likely to become severely ill, and hospitalized, if infected with COVID-19.

Its entirely possible I had Covid last week 2 days of a slight upper respiratory cough and body aches. Who knows