Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Met Summer Banter

HoarfrostHubb

It's a little ambiguous here:

The girl explained that she’d been drinking a lot, and felt ill, so she rested on one of the beds. Baldwin approached her and began fondling her breasts, then put his hand under her underwear, fondling her clitoris. This wasn’t consensual, she told them. She was passing out during the act. He gave up trying when the rest of the group re-entered the room, perhaps, she said, out of frustration.

Did he stop when he heard the others coming into the room so no one saw what happened? This is the part of the story that's not clear. Not sticking up for the guy if he knew its a scumbag thing to do.

LOL this banter is funny…

Verdugo was tossing a ball to a Sox fan in stands (a kid) and a drunk Yankees fan caught it instead and threw it right back at him. I think even the other Yankees fans ratted him out at that point (there was some social media chatter about that).

Now we’re discussing whether he should have recorded an assault in progress, lol.

All humans are flawed, in some way. Didn’t sound like he provoked this incident.

• Haha 1

This particular series between the Yankees and 'Sox is such a train wreck. 

how many bad omens are gonna half to be dodged to make this happen?  LOL 

COVID cancelling games. 

Games that should not have been played, ... played deliberately long enough to tee up a couple of phat pitches down Broadway at precisely the right amount time in order "legalize" a win in favor of the demographic team, that also happens to desperately need a win to save a season they should really be selling off.. ?   

Umpires clearly biased ...

And if the spectacle of it it all wasn't looking egregious enough, the taste getting any tackier, they were doing cut-ins to inform us that at a stadium next door there was actually gun play at another MLB game. 

Making America great again.  Lol

Sometimes I think it's just time to stop forcing it.  They shouldn't' have played last night, either.  Tough shit.  It's called a day-night double header later in August. It happens.   but enter the manipulation-force reason here [                ]   

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

This particular series between the Yankees and 'Sox is such a train wreck. 

how many bad omens are gonna half to be dodged to make this happen?  LOL 

COVID cancelling games. 

Games that should not have been played, ... played deliberately long enough to tee up a couple of phat pitches down Broadway at precisely the right amount time in order "legalize" a win in favor of the demographic team, that also happens to desperately need a win to save a season they should really be selling off.. ?   

Umpires clearly biased ...

And if the spectacle of it it all wasn't looking egregious enough, the taste getting any tackier, they were doing cut-ins to inform us that at a stadium next door there was actually gun play at another MLB game. 

Making America great again.  Lol

Sometimes I think it's just time to stop forcing it.  They shouldn't' have played last night, either.  Tough shit.  It's called a day-night double header later in August. It happens.   but enter the manipulation-force reason here [                ]   

They already have double header in august to make up fridays game. And now double headers are only 7 innings. Nobody likes that so they try and get the games in. Yesterday’s game should have never been delayed.  

As far as the shooting in DC ( I’m shocked by the way) it was outside the stadium not related to anything other than that’s where they were when they decided to put holes in each other. 
All that said, I hear what you’re saying about the train wreck. 

10 minutes ago, natedizel said:

Thats pretty bad thoe. Still dont know how that works. Everyones gonna forget who he looks like.

Puts on fake mustache 

Oh for sure, it’s largely symbolic.  It’s meant to deter but there’s no ID check so it’s like asking only unvaccinated people to wear masks inside :lol:.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Oh for sure, it’s largely symbolic.  It’s meant to deter but there’s no ID check so it’s like asking only unvaccinated people to wear masks inside :lol:.

Symbolic is about it. Its not like the ticket scanners are given a lineup of banned people to study haha

I still dont know what this "banned" fan looks like.

5 hours ago, tamarack said:

DC isn't quite "next door" to NYC and while the shooting there was immediately outside the 3rd base exit ramp, "at another MLB game" suggests a incident in the stands.  (Too close at any rate.)

In the grand scheme of things it was right next door

-sorry

And ease off the regulatory committee yeah? It was hyperbole -obviously  Point was cut in to convey that dystopian information in the middle that other BS going on - it was about the omen and homage 

Aside from the fact that whether it was at the stadium or in the stadium it was still at the MLB game

• Weenie 1

5 hours ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

They already have double header in august to make up fridays game. And now double headers are only 7 innings. Nobody likes that so they try and get the games in. Yesterday’s game should have never been delayed.  

As far as the shooting in DC ( I’m shocked by the way) it was outside the stadium not related to anything other than that’s where they were when they decided to put holes in each other. 
All that said, I hear what you’re saying about the train wreck. 

Not sure why anyone feels they need expend any energy trying to disqualify what I said about the MLB game/shooting 

the shooting is the point; if there was no game would there have been a shooting?
Probably not if we’re realistic

- there’s no other point. In the stadium outside the stadium who the f cares it happened at a game. Too close

• Weenie 2

You’d hate for last night’s crap show 6-inning rainout (including questionable rain non-delays/delays, Verdugo getting hit by a ball thrown by a fan, interesting ump calls in big spots) to be a turning point in the head-to-head series between the Yanks and Sox.

The Red Sox look flat footed and lethargic.  That’s how we’ve gotten used to seeing the Yankees.  The energy is flipped.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

You’d hate for last night’s crap show 6-inning rainout (including questionable rain non-delays/delays, Verdugo getting hit by a ball thrown by a fan, interesting ump calls in big spots) to be a turning point in the head-to-head series between the Yanks and Sox.

The Red Sox look flat footed and lethargic.  That’s how we’ve gotten used to seeing the Yankees.  The energy is flipped.

No I think that’s too quick of an assessment just imho -  :)

Although in your defense it took Jason Varitek slapping Alexander Rodriguez in the head in August 2004 to turn that season around. 

By the way I’m diggin A-rod as a game guy. I think he does an even unbiased gig

10 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

No I think that’s too quick of an assessment just imho -  :)

Although in your defense it took Jason Varitek slapping Alexander Rodriguez in the head in August 2004 to turn that season around. 

By the way I’m diggin A-rod as a game guy. I think he does an even unbiased gig

For sure it's a quick take.  The energy tonight is definitely different but that can come and go nightly in a 162 game season.

For all the people saying the Yankees are playing a AAA team, all these new players though are fighting for their careers and injecting energy into the lineup.  The base-running aggressiveness has been very un-Yankee like.  Not all highly paid or made players… new guys want to prove themselves.

The best players and teams are those with nothing to lose.  That goes for a lot of things in life, ha.  Rise to the occasion.

On 7/16/2021 at 10:16 AM, tamarack said:

Back in the day the Cavalier was a good-looking ride.  We bought a wagon in 1983, 1st year with the EFI 2.0 liter and 5-speed, and drove it nearly 150k before the unibody frame rusted out.  The engine never skipped a beat, we got 32-34 mpg and with studded snows on the front that rig had the best traction of any 2WD I've driven.  The road to our back settlement home in Fort Kent climbed about 450' from town and more than half of that was in the final half mile, nearly 10% grade.  Never had an issue getting home and it snows a bit there.
Edit:  Have not bought a new car since.

I will admit, some of them were decent looking especially being such economical transport. I almost bought a 1988 Z24 version back in the day. One of my favorites was the Beretta. My mom had one, it was a blast to drive and incredible in the snow.

2 hours ago, UnitedWx said:

I will admit, some of them were decent looking especially being such economical transport. I almost bought a 1988 Z24 version back in the day. One of my favorites was the Beretta. My mom had one, it was a blast to drive and incredible in the snow.

I'll admit to being sad upon hearing that the unibody rust was basically unfixable and thus the car was dead, despite the engine running as good (or better) at 147k than when we'd driven off the Bean & Conquest lot in Bangor with 2 miles on the odometer.

57 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

What is wrong with this species. Please please please go Aliens. 

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/19/us/arizona-tucson-deadly-rampage-shooting-fire/index.html

People are very on-edge now. I try to keep my distance from most. IMO, Karen-types that still stroll up to strangers and start lecturing them about customer service or some other offense are just asking to get beaten or worse in this environment. 

Stock market finally looking a little shaky

Dow Transports leading way down

Small caps Russell index also leading down 

10 year interest rates falling back hard after tons of talk of rising earlier in this year 

Reopening (Hotel / Cruise stocks ) down around 25% over delta fears ? Especially those with high international Revenue 

Market will probably recover given it has for last 18 months when it’s been at support so some interest back on this shaky market day 

Most are seeing that by next year this “Redhot” economy should be back down to more traditional levels of growth (2-3%) And also higher input costs will weigh on some industry profit margins

back to Weather 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

10 year interest rates falling back hard after tons of talk of rising earlier in this year 

Reopening (Hotel / Cruise stocks ) down around 25% over delta fears ? Especially those with high international Revenue 

Market will probably recover given it has for last 18 months when it’s been at support so some interest back on this shaky market day 

Most are seeing that by next year this “Redhot” economy should be back down to more traditional levels of growth (2-3%) And also higher input costs will weigh on some industry profit margins

back to Weather 

Overheated and fake. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

back to Weather 

We were always due for a recession. We are on the 2nd longest bull run in history. I expect a 10-15% correction within 2 years. The entire market is propped up by the US government printing money. That is not a way to improve an economy long term. Its a shot of adrenaline and nothing more. 

1 hour ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

The aliens are probably here already but just want nothing to do with us.

Nah, it is far more likely their society suffered the same Universal kill-switch that will inevitably befall Humanity, too.  They managed to trip the switch and cease to exist, long before ever reaching the necessary god-like technological achievement to make passive or silent co-invasive habitation, or even just observance, possible.

I know..  I know.  What about the Drake Equation this,     or      'if it happened once it happens all the time' that -

The problem with "Drake equation" is that it's mathematics is too argumentative to be ... a mathematical description. Not for what it espouses to, or attempts to describe.  No.  It misses destructive interference factors, or 'denominator mechanics'.  Like, it needs to multiply that entire sequence of products by empirically derived/observable time bombs.     1/ ( ... reason to fail and die), relevant to every individual term.

As for the, 'it happens once...' narrative - it hasn't actually happened even once.  Dreary assessment of Humanity's fate aside ... despite any conceptions in conceit of whatever it is we think we are of our selves,    ... we ain't it.   We are a stage 0 civilization on the 1 to 5 scale of advance.  Yup ...we don't even register in the competition - probably because we consider it a competition for starters.  

Reasons to fail and end timelines get thrown at civilizations. It appears to be built in.  Those that are 'up and comers,'  they all must experiment through their own evolutionary process, shedding primitive ambitions 'just in time' before mixing those motivation with incredible power. That is probably a good denominator for that L term in Drakes interminable optimism...

But therein is a huge catch-22.  As the power to advance up the scale is achieved, that means a given civilization survived the failures.  Evolution is an iterative experimental journey - inherently, that cannot be otherwise.  A failure at incomprehensible scales of power becomes intrinsically self-annihilating, long before the infinity can be contained.  There is a bottle-neck of "forgiveness" that ends up too narrow to allow the advance beyond a certain point.  

This appears to be some sort of a Universal modulator or "stop control," a universal "kill switch" ( think there is a sci fi book called that). For lack of better whimsy, a cosmological constant of death lurks in the destiny formula of all sufficiently advancing civilities. One of the notes in the music is wired with a detonator, just waiting to resolve at some point along the Grand Staff.  It's just a matter of time before the term or factor is struck,  

- poof

Why is it there?  Who knows.  Perhaps it is there by design.  Huh. Like by an ego-centric agency ... to prevent competition from below, while protecting their anonymity. I like that, actually.  Because it is very human.  Butchering the Catholic Bible ... 'We are materialized from the dust; and to the dust we shall return' - I am not religious.  It seems apropos is all... but that of the cosmos, we therefore probably share something in common with it.

Maybe all we are is an excessively primitive variation of the greatest fault there is:  God 

• Sad 1