Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Met Summer Banter

HoarfrostHubb

8 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Unless they approve.  Who wouldn’t move from this misery?  You could argue the equivalence to Sale and Eovaldi.  This year’s working out for Eovaldi, last year not so much-2 years left..   

Washed up pitchers who  can sit on their ass and collect a fat paycheck?

3 hours ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Yea, I don’t get it. People like that were probably a little off anyway.  This just pushed them over the edge. Sad really. Some people will never be able to live and enjoy life again. That’s not hyperbole either. 
I hated my psychiatric rotation in school. Really depressing to see how messed up some people can get. I couldn’t deal with it. Longest month of my schooling.

Humans have a lot of issues.  Most of the time we don't see it but the human race is a mental basket case on the whole.  People also don't notice it until it affects them too.  But take a random sample of humanity and the majority of them have some aspects that would give a psychiatrist a hard-on.  The number of germaphobes is striking and COVID likely was cataclysmic for them.

Several years ago (pre-COVID) while driving down to Albany we had a car issue on I-89 and were assisted by a NY State Trooper.  He wore black gloves the whole time which I thought was interesting for the situation, like he wouldn't be concerned with finger prints or whatever.  He took the gloves off right before he left but as we thanked him for the assist in securing a tow, I went to shake his hand and he said "Oh sorry, I'm a huge germophobe, I don't shake hands, I won't even pick up a restaurant menu. I just took off my gloves."

I thought it was an interesting line of work for someone like that, but thank you for your service.  Maybe he was messing with me and as a rule doesn't shake hands, but he actually said he doesn't touch restaurant menus.  This jacked dude with a bulletproof vest talking about germs.  The human mind is interesting.  I can't imagine that type of person dealing with COVID though.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Unless they approve.  Who wouldn’t move from this misery?  You could argue the equivalence to Sale and Eovaldi.  This year’s working out for Eovaldi, last year not so much-2 years left..   

He only has one year left.

19 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Yeah Sale and Eovaldi were paid way too much.  They were basically paid for past performances that seemed like a thank you contract.  Luckily Eovaldi is working out this season and hopefully Sale can come back strong, but no way those guys would get those deals a year later from their signing.

Cole is having a great start again.  Sox are only leading because Eovaldi is pitching well and the Yankee offense is dead... Cole's also lucky KiKi didn't hit that ball just now about 1-2 feet further and it's a home run.  But he's an ace pitcher, no question.  The Stanton contract is definitely the worst IMO.  Paid like $27-$30 mil a year through 2027 for a DH that doesn't play the field.  Leaves very little roster flexibility if you can't put him in the field.

This game is a solo home run away from a tie anyway.  Great pitching tonight.

Societal morays and restraint approaching critical

We’re getting shootings at MLB games now too according to that cut in ? Okay

Meanwhile at this Red Sox game a yankee fans throwing at actual  players 

…. brazen acts that just simply didn’t take place prior generations  - 

I wonder if gun play at a fcking MLB game is enough cause a league stoppage for awhile. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Not sure I’ve ever seen a MLB go this long in torrential rain.  It’s been pouring for a while.  There’s a pond behind home plate.

Tarp of course comes out once NY takes the lead. The umpiring has been a shitshow. The fans a cherry on top.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Tarp of course comes out once NY takes the lead. The umpiring has been a shitshow. The fans a cherry on top.

They had a one hour rain delay to start the game, with no rain, then the sox pitchers have to pitch in a down pour and now the Yanks have the lead they call a delay, what a friggin joke. If they started on time the game would be over before the rain. Incompetent umps.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Societal morays and restraint approaching critical

We’re getting shootings at MLB games now too according to that cut in ? Okay

Meanwhile at this Red Sox game a yankee fans throwing at actual  players 

…. brazen acts that just simply didn’t take place prior generations  - 

I wonder if gun play at a fcking MLB game is enough cause a league stoppage for awhile. 

In the early decades of the 20th century there were numerous incidents of fans throwing things onto the field and/or at the players, though no shootings in the parking lot that I know of.  One hopes we're not returning to that earlier period's fan behavior.

24 minutes ago, tamarack said:

In the early decades of the 20th century there were numerous incidents of fans throwing things onto the field and/or at the players, though no shootings in the parking lot that I know of.  One hopes we're not returning to that earlier period's fan behavior.

Even in the 1970s and 1980s players used to complain about having things like batteries thrown at them.  

Not sure how someone decides that’s ok to do. I’m assuming alcohol is part of it.   

edit.  The batteries part even went into 1999 when Philly fans were throwing batteries at JD Drew for refusing to sign with the Phillies.  

1 hour ago, tamarack said:

mm  ...hunch and personal relationship with modernity :   I suggest that era-relative sociodynamic mechanisms are only similar ;)  -  for one... the frequency is up ( delta(dykhead) is +, and that is an acceleration in the collapse of civility ).

The only thing consistent with the two in comparing gestalts is that yeah ...assholes exist in both realms. But that's as far as the similarities go -

lol, just leavin' it at that 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, tunafish said:

Verdugo once videotaped the sexual assault of a underaged woman instead of stopping it.  0 sympathy for that POS.

That’s not the correct story IIRC. He videotaped two other girls beating up the 17 y/o. The girl said another person raped her later that night, but Verdugo was not involved in that…at least there is no proof of it. He was cleared of any wrongdoing.

33 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

Verdugo seems like he’s a good teammate and liked by others. He’s also a good player. That’s enough for me at this point. 

There are hour long interviews with him on Section 10 and Starting 9 podcasts and he comes off as a very likeable player.  Him and JD together is hilarious.  I got a much different opinion of him after hearing him chat on those podcasts. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, MJO812 said:

Yankee fans suck 

Poor Verdugo 

13 hours ago, powderfreak said:

That was embarrassing.  Verdugo loves talking with the fans.  That’s what they do to repay him.  If he was hit by that thrown baseball out of the stands, I mean wtf.

Iv seen videos on youtube of him talking to yankee fans in left field. A majority of the fans like him and respect him for it. 

I think it was just a stupied fan that maybe had a few in the rain and still hit his mark. 

Porobably got a wtf you doing dude from the other fans.

24 minutes ago, natedizel said:

Iv seen videos on youtube of him talking to yankee fans in left field. A majority of the fans like him and respect him for it. 

I think it was just a stupied fan that maybe had a few in the rain and still hit his mark. 

Porobably got a wtf you doing dude from the other fans.

Too much beer was involved I’m sure 

2 hours ago, dendrite said:

That’s not the correct story IIRC. He videotaped two other girls beating up the 17 y/o. The girl said another person raped her later that night, but Verdugo was not involved in that…at least there is no proof of it. He was cleared of any wrongdoing.

Edit to my original post - he videotaped the beating, not the attempted rape.  This article says he was there for both, though.

"He was named in the police report filed by the survivor, a report which also noted her physical condition"

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.beyondtheboxscore.com/platform/amp/2020/2/6/21124292/red-sox-dodgers-alex-verdugo-the-unspoken-problem-with-the-mookie-betts-david-price-trade

2 hours ago, dendrite said:

LOL

Well that makes it better!