SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Met Summer Banter

HoarfrostHubb

12 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

Mcgraths is cool. Stone and wood interior

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

I just looked it up. We tried getting in there last October, but there was a 3 hour wait, so we went elsewhere. We’ll need to try it again next time up. 

EDIT:  I see it’s closed for the summer. So maybe we missed our chance. 

So I have a bit of an HVAC problem. The blower fan on my heating and cooling unit will not shut off. I turn the thermostat to off and it just keeps running, the fan that is.

I also turned down the temp to see if the compressor outside would kick on, and it did not. Not sure if that has something to do with the blower fan constantly running or what?

12 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

So I have a bit of an HVAC problem. The blower fan on my heating and cooling unit will not shut off. I turn the thermostat to off and it just keeps running, the fan that is.

I also turned down the temp to see if the compressor outside would kick on, and it did not. Not sure if that has something to do with the blower fan constantly running or what?

Same thing happened to ours a month ago, I have a HVAC friend of mine look at it and it turned out the compressor was clogged up with grass and leaves. That said it could be a number of things. The filter in the house was clogged too since our pets are all shedding I should have kept a better eye on it.

21 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

Same thing happened to ours a month ago, I have a HVAC friend of mine look at it and it turned out the compressor was clogged up with grass and leaves. That said it could be a number of things. The filter in the house was clogged too since our pets are all shedding I should have kept a better eye on it.

Thanks. Yeah I just checked the outside unit and it’s not clogged, looks fine. And I changed the inside filters last week, so those should be okay.

I turned the switch on the side of the furnace/AC off and as soon as I turn the switch back on, even with the thermostat off… the blower starts right back up.

Has anyone else ever been stung by a yellow jacket near their eye? Was working on a replacing a rotted window sill while 20 feet up on a ladder.  Opened up a yellow jacket nest while ripping out the rotted sill. I got stung in the face multiple times and the swelling is crazy. I got stung like right near both eyes and they are swollen shut and I can barely see. Does anyone know how long the swelling normally lasts. I have felt fine and my only symptom is the swelling.

Has anyone else ever been stung by a yellow jacket near their eye? Was working on a replacing a rotted window sill while 20 feet up on a ladder.  Opened up a yellow jacket nest while ripping out the rotted sill. I got stung in the face multiple times and the swelling is crazy. I got stung like right near both eyes and they are swollen shut and I can barely see. Does anyone know how long the swelling normally lasts. I have felt fine and my only symptom is the swelling.
Call the Dr

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, BrianW said:

I haven't been stung in 2 years, so I know if I get zapped this year I'll develop swelling around the sting site 15-60 minutes after the hit, and no other symptoms.  (Get stung on my left hand/wrist, I immediately put the wedding band in my wallet.)  Swelling goes down slowly over the next 6-12 hours with some residual soreness in the stretched tissues that persists a day or two.  If I'd been stung last year, my only symptom would be the short duration pain followed by some itching at the site.  During my lifetime I've probably been stung in more years than not.  :o

5 hours ago, BrianW said:

Ice and benadryl. Got stung on the eye by a bald faced hornet while weed whacking the other day. Feel for ya