joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Met Summer Banter

HoarfrostHubb

3 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

I hate the city sometimes.

2 hour limit.

paid meter. went out and paid meter again. they still ticket me and say it's over limit because I didn't move spots.

F&*(K

I have a love/hate relation to the city, hate the traffic and tickets (have a few) but love the restaurants and night life. It can get boring out here in the country.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I’m confused why you were mad.  It said 2 hour limit. I’ve always understood that if something is marked like that you can’t just keep feeding the meter.  They want turnover of cars. 

They almost never ticket for it as long as you pay it depends on the meter turd that's patrolling and their mood. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

It’s true, don’t have to click on it.  But it’s the same stuff over and over.  It’s more a joke now “we made it a day without COVID disco!”  Then again in the past this thread would move two pages a month, lol.

Exactly. How much can you talk about rain?

You guys got a lot of water down here.

The old railway/trail at the Thompson Dam in NE CT that’s usually like 5 feet out of the water is completely gone.  Water up into the tree canopy.  I honestly think last summer that thing was almost 10 feet out of the water with dried mud around.

C269031D-ED10-469D-A26F-645F32D65B13.thumb.jpeg.5fedea944316121f6b4ca7211140cffe.jpeg

For reference:

DF92385A-6C62-4A19-BB08-C06458A03DD9.thumb.jpeg.f8acc12ba74b7751b7932be22d25d914.jpeg

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, kdxken said:

Not sure why anyone would? If you don't like it don't read it.

Kinda hard not to if it’s mixed in with the other banter, so I’m not sure that’s a solution - they tried having a COVID thread and I believe it went so far off the rails Amtrak was served with a lawsuit.

I actually enjoy reading the other banter that’s posted, but the the COVID stuff makes me cringe at times. As a wise man from Foxboro once said, “It is what it is.”

Just my opinion, since everyone else is intent on posting theirs.:D

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

They almost never ticket for it as long as you pay it depends on the meter turd that's patrolling and their mood. 

I'm with hubb on this one. You were fortunate previously but it's not by right. Speaking as someone who lived most of their life in Boston and has had multiple boots put on their car:P

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hoosier said:

I'm going to assume it's true that there are 10 kids in MS on life support.  It's a low number in an absolute sense, but it surprised me a bit given that children have a very, very low risk of getting so seriously ill from covid.  And it's not like Mississippi has thousands of people in the hospital with covid, so it's 10 out of a relatively low number.  I agree with you about the harmful effects on kids.  I also don't think it's good to have completely intractable thinking on this.  Maybe, just maybe, the delta variant is a bit more dangerous for kids than the wild covid.  If that's the case and if mitigation strategies are relaxed too much in schools, then there's gonna be some issues.

I’m guessing an anomalous batch of super-fat and dirt poor children, white or black who knows, with unfortunate underlying health risks. Delta is more transmissible this we know; weaker than it’s predecessors no doubt as is always biologically true of virus mutations 

14 minutes ago, kdxken said:

I'm with hubb on this one. You were fortunate previously but it's not by right. Speaking as someone who lived most of their life in Boston and has had multiple boots put on their car:P

Most of the time cities aren’t messing around.  I got towed in BTV twice in one snowstorm for violating the Snow Emergency.  Had just walked down to the Waterfront to get my car from the tow lot, drove it home, road was plowed so figured I was safe, went inside to have dinner, came out to go to the girlfriends like an hour later and the car was back down at the Waterfront.  $150 a pop or something like that.  Dude at the lot was laughing his ass off, don’t think it was funny at the time but later had a good laugh.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Most of the time cities aren’t messing around.  I got towed in BTV twice in one snowstorm for violating the Snow Emergency.  Had just walked down to the Waterfront to get my car from the tow lot, drove it home, road was plowed so figured I was safe, went inside to have dinner, came out to go to the girlfriends like an hour later and the car was back down at the Waterfront.  $150 a pop or something like that.

Tows here are like 350 with ticket I think 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

Tows here are like 350 with ticket I think 

Damn.  Yeah this was like 2003, who knows what it is now.  You wouldn’t get a ticket per se, they’d just move your car down to a lot next to the Coast Guard building in BTV and you pay the dude to get out.  Don’t pay, don’t get your car.  But I don’t remember an official ticket per se.

31 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

You guys got a lot of water down here.

The old railway/trail at the Thompson Dam in NE CT that’s usually like 5 feet out of the water is completely gone.  Water up into the tree canopy.  I honestly think last summer that thing was almost 10 feet out of the water with dried mud around.

C269031D-ED10-469D-A26F-645F32D65B13.thumb.jpeg.5fedea944316121f6b4ca7211140cffe.jpeg

For reference:

DF92385A-6C62-4A19-BB08-C06458A03DD9.thumb.jpeg.f8acc12ba74b7751b7932be22d25d914.jpeg

It was, my wife likes to walk on the trails and we take the dog.

57 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

It's brutal and the fines are ridiculous.  I remember getting a ticket in Boston back in 2003 or 2004 for overtime at a broken meter.

When I confronted the attendant he said it was a one hour limit not two at a broken meter.  WTF?  How am I supposed to know that?

I always keep a roll of quarters in our cars and I lost my temper and started feeding meters all the way down the street, for about a block, just to be a dick. He called the cops!  Lol

I came back out of the building I was working in that day because the attendant and the police were now standing at my car. One of the officers was an older veteran, probably in his 60's and he just laughed and told the parking attendant to go on his way.    It turned out the officer and I had a mutual friend from W Roxbury and we conversed for a few minutes about how bad the Boston parking attendants are.  At the time he told me that parking enforcement was semi-privatized? I never looked into that.   Anyway, he told me had seen undercover cops and BFD vehicles get tickets.  Again, WTF?  Who would give an emergency responder a ticket?  SMH.  It's a racket and they are in arms with a few select towing companies. 

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Tolland Death Band said:

I’m guessing an anomalous batch of super-fat and dirt poor children, white or black who knows, with unfortunate underlying health risks. Delta is more transmissible this we know; weaker than it’s predecessors no doubt as is always biologically true of virus mutations 

I feel like there is too much blanket statement in your last sentence.  Delta is less of a threat in large part because we have almost 50% of the United States vaccinated, and the vaccines work very well against it.  I have not really seen compelling evidence that it acts weaker than other versions of covid in unvaccinated people. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

We actually get a deal on the side street behind the office where BTD and BPD don't ticket WHDH employees. No meters on that street. But if we park on New Chardon we are treated as normal cars. 

Is the tow lot still in Waltham? Sucked you couldn't even take the T to pick up your car. Add a cab ride to the expenses...

55 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

I feel like there is too much blanket statement in your last sentence.  Delta is less of a threat in large part because we have almost 50% of the United States vaccinated, and the vaccines work very well against it.  I have not really seen compelling evidence that it acts weaker than other versions of covid in unvaccinated people. 

Whats the ages of the kids and are they immune compromised? Its the first i hear kids getting sick like that from this particular strain.

• Like 1