• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Met Summer Banter

HoarfrostHubb

I sense an gray area fomenting slowly in interpretation wrt to human rights/constitution, when it comes to private vs public access and this mask imposition.

There are many private establishments that are requiring masks around this borderline rural township area of Littleton to Ayer Mass, while the public thoroughfares of centroid demographics and/or larger market venues in general, are not. 

I walked headlong in blithe into a Hunter Appliance store as recent as last week and was knee-jerk excoriated, "Sir sir ... SIR!"  Oh my god oh my god oh my god... by two masked-impugn-ammo wielding gun load germaphobes ... toeing the line for their "..Boss's insistence..." as the guy espoused.  Jesus, calm the f* down. I mean I was the only potential client in the place, and judging by the pall of soothing factory smells hanging in the stuffy air, probably the first one in days I'm guessing and I got that reaction? 

They sat with headsets, imprisoned inside a plexiglass enclosure that was riveted - actual rivets at the seams - together to form a cubical. This sucker looked hermetically sealed at a glance, an island out amidst what I must assume was a show room modeling contaminated household appliances.

I mean, non-confrontation but the whole thing to me is both stupid and questions the 'rights' of individuals vs mask imposition.  

It does, because part of rights are established by what is right and wrong - and that setting.... IS F*C*I*G WRONG, but an asshole's paranoid stupidity and lording power over his business owership - I guess the best deterrent will be that people stop shopping at his establishment - guaranteed this jaggov will suddenly see through a nimrod's morass of fear,  relaxing posture when money becomes automagically more urgent than a disease - lol. It's all hypocrisy and bullshit. 

Fine, it's not that big of a deal to me to be inconvenienced for 10 minutes while I pick out a refrigerator.  Your establishment - you set the rules.  But, that doesn't allow you to prevent other ethnicities and races, does it.  Mm. interesting -

what's the difference. You don't know if that person has a disease, you only have fear and stereotypes.  Well, that's racism incarnate- just because we point it at a new color, the mechanics are the same.  You're making an assumption to justify a exclusionary practices.   

Eventually, liberals will start screaming about this - prediction.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Was it the vaccines or was it that it just ended? Like every other virus ? Hmmm

Plot twist, the aliens knew we found out about them and most of them left Earth for the time being.  COVID was what you contracted if an alien got near you.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

Plot twist, the aliens knew we found out about them and most of them left Earth for the time being.  COVID was what you contracted if an alien got near you.

That nicely ties together several plot lines. I like it.

The Navy videos were the aliens using large flying vacuums to suck the COVID out of the air?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Nobody outside of a few give a tinkers damn about Covid anymore. The politicians have largely moved on. They’ve milked it for about all they can in terms of money. Which was the primary motivation to keep it going. The Delta fear hasn’t resonated much. Most who want a vaccine have one, older people are largely vaccinated, and the people who aren’t vaccinated aren’t afraid of it. 
It’s endemic at this point. It’s time to stop routine testing, reporting cases numbers and move on. Even Massachusetts stopped reporting active cases and weekend numbers. Sone states have gone to weekly reporting. It won’t be long until some stop reporting altogether. Cases will go up this winter, just like flu does. But by and large I think most have moved on. When I was on vacation last week down on the beach, except for a handful I saw masked outdoors, you’d never know Covid existed.  

Tinkers Damn. 

21 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I sense an gray area fomenting slowly in interpretation wrt to human rights/constitution, when it comes to private vs public access and this mask imposition.

There are many private establishments that are requiring masks around this borderline rural township area of Littleton to Ayer Mass, while the public thoroughfares of centroid demographics and/or larger market venues in general, are not. 

I walked headlong in blithe into a Hunter Appliance store as recent as last week and was knee-jerk excoriated, "Sir sir ... SIR!"  Oh my god oh my god oh my god... by two masked-impugn-ammo wielding gun load germaphobes ... toeing the line for their "..Boss's insistence..." as the guy espoused.  Jesus, calm the f* down. I mean I was the only potential client in the place, and judging by the pall of soothing factory smells hanging in the stuffy air, probably the first one in days I'm guessing and I got that reaction? 

They sat with headsets, imprisoned inside a plexiglass enclosure that was riveted - actual rivets at the seams - together to form a cubical. This sucker looked hermetically sealed at a glance, an island out amidst what I must assume was a show room modeling contaminated household appliances.

I mean, non-confrontation but the whole thing to me is both stupid and questions the 'rights' of individuals vs mask imposition.  

It does, because part of rights are established by what is right and wrong - and that setting.... IS F*C*I*G WRONG, but an asshole's paranoid stupidity and lording power over his business owership - I guess the best deterrent will be that people stop shopping at his establishment - guaranteed this jaggov will suddenly see through a nimrod's morass of fear,  relaxing posture when money becomes automagically more urgent than a disease - lol. It's all hypocrisy and bullshit. 

Fine, it's not that big of a deal to me to be inconvenienced for 10 minutes while I pick out a refrigerator.  Your establishment - you set the rules.  But, that doesn't allow you to prevent other ethnicities and races, does it.  Mm. interesting -

what's the difference. You don't know if that person has a disease, you only have fear and stereotypes.  Well, that's racism incarnate- just because we point it at a new color, the mechanics are the same.  You're making an assumption to justify a exclusionary practices.   

Eventually, liberals will start screaming about this - prediction.

What?

1 minute ago, PhineasC said:

That nicely ties together several plot lines. I like it.

The Navy videos were the aliens using large flying vacuums to suck the COVID out of the air?

I figure it was like some sort of body odor that humans can’t smell but can inhale.  If an alien was present, you had a super-spreader event.  If they weren’t, nothing happened.  It would explain the differences in why some large gatherings proved exceptionally efficient at spreading it, while other gatherings saw zero effect.

12 hours ago, DotRat_Wx said:

Come on, DeSantis........ Florida is averaging 2,241 cases/day, a 55% increase over the last 14 days. That’s 17% of all cases in the US. Florida needs to surge its vaccine effort

Don’t forget, this is our winter period when people spend the most time indoors due to the heat; we spiked at the same time last summer.

8 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I figure it was like some sort of body odor that humans can’t smell but can inhale.  If an alien was present, you had a super-spreader event.  If they weren’t, nothing happened.  It would explain the differences in why some large gatherings proved exceptionally efficient at spreading it, while other gatherings saw zero effect.

TheyLiveGlassesOffl.gif&f=1&nofb=1

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, PhineasC said:

That's my understanding of how these things usually go. A virus that mutated to be much deadlier would kill its host too quickly and that line would die out before it had a chance to really spread and take hold. COVID-19 will eventually just be another background coronavirus in circulation that causes seasonal outbreaks of mild disease, like colds. It's almost at that point in some countries. Just goes to show the futility of pursuing the destructive and pointless "zero-COVID" BS.

Unless this one becomes more deadly, since it escaped from a lab?

2 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

At this point the US is averaging around 165 deaths per day (7 day avg) which works out to around 60k per year. So a bad flu season. But it is declining     The folks who have not been vaccinated in most cases will continue to refuse based on recent surveys.  
 This will fade into the background in most places here in the US.   Things are for the most part back to “normal”.   The vaccines have been highly successful in squashing this insidious illness. 

The thing is that it's 150-200 deaths per day in June/July, which you would pretty much never see with the flu at that time of year.

Would be nice to keep the deaths at couple hundred per day or less as we move through fall/winter, but I have no idea if that is realistic.  Fall-winter 2021-22 will be a good learning experience as it will be the first fall-winter that we go through with such a high level of vaccination and basically everybody being wide open -- North, South, East, West, warm climates, cold climates.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, natedizel said:

Kinda weird how it changes like that. How does a virus know it sucks at spreading.

It doesn't know, it's just that the mutations that convey greater transmissibility and lower mortality cause those particular viruses to be spread far and wide and therefore be more successful at propagating themselves. That's why Ebola, for example, tends to be rapidly self-limiting. It kills quickly/frequently and is (somewhat) harder to spread. You can't give someone Ebola by walking by and sneezing. Once you isolate the cluster of cases, it quickly fizzles out.

• Like 1

Trying to get caught up….so those that complained about mask mandates due to “infringement” on their personal freedom, are now complaining about business owners exercising their own personal freedoms and requiring masks to enter their stores? Ok ya- now I’m up to speed.

5 minutes ago, Supernovice said:

Trying to get caught up….so those that complained about mask mandates due to “infringement” on their personal freedom, are now complaining about business owners exercising their own personal freedoms and requiring masks to enter their stores? Ok ya- now I’m up to speed.

If your talking about typhoontip i think he was just caught off guard by the germaphobes behind riveted plexiglass. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Are there any businesses actually requiring masks? I haven't seen a one.

Maybe old granny thrift stores run by Karens or woke SJW coffee shops. Not places I want to be anyway.

Yeah haven't seen any around here.  Did a lot of errands in BTV the other day and not a one.  Like we talked about before, the last places I saw masks required were gas stations while driving to/from BOS in a couple of the S. NH towns that seemed to just let their mandates be running out and not fighting it.  I think Dendy said Lebanon was the last one in NH to require masks, also happens to be a huge shopping district with box stores and stuff so people noticed.... but that was all city/town gov't stuff not individual businesses.

Tippy's posts is the first I've heard of an actual business doing it on their own.

10 hours ago, PhineasC said:

Maybe old granny thrift stores run by Karens or woke SJW coffee shops. Not places I want to be anyway.

The hotel in S Maine we stayed at a couple of weeks ago still required them in common areas but few were following the rule including employees 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, PhineasC said:

Of all places the McDonald's up in Lancaster had mask signs last weekend. I was on the back from Pittsburg and didn't even have one, but most people inside weren't wearing one. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1