Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Met Summer Banter

HoarfrostHubb

21 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

It’s all about those spin rates baby ..and it is a BIG Deal . Watch the pitchers with double digit percent decline on Spin rates and watch the stats unravel . There is some luck with pitching so it may take a few starts if someone is getting lucky with balls hit hard for outs .

I love the pitcher tantrums 

Garrett Richards on the Sox sounds like he’s about to retire after his next start over this, ha.  He’s like “I’m not a major league pitcher without some sticky shit on my hand.  Have literally no idea where the ball’s going.  Glad I made it this far before the crackdown started.”

It is pretty funny, can tell who’s a legit pitcher and who’s not.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

It’s all about those spin rates baby ..and it is a BIG Deal . Watch the pitchers with double digit percent decline on Spin rates and watch the stats unravel . There is some luck with pitching so it may take a few starts if someone is getting lucky with balls hit hard for outs .

I love the pitcher tantrums 

There was one guy who had a 3800 spin rate, something ridiculous, his slider would start out on the outer part of the plate and almost hit the batter in the shin.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PhineasC said:

Sydney, a city of about 5.4 million people, is going back on a strict lockdown over 100 cases.

People should be much more frightened of the government’s willingness to do this for such a small threat than they are of the virus. 

Good for them, no real death count over there

2 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Garrett Richards on the Sox sounds like he’s about to retire after his next start over this, ha.  He’s like “I’m not a major league pitcher without some sticky shit on my hand.  Have literally no idea where the ball’s going.  Glad I made it this far before the crackdown started.”

It is pretty funny, can tell who’s a legit pitcher and who’s not.

If i was him i would be embarrassed. I would never admit that. Hes like desperate and wants people to feel sorry for him. 

He gonna need to go back down to minors and learn to use the seams lol

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, natedizel said:

Whats the point of living 1/3 of life. I rather not live at all. 

I would feel like an animal stuck in a cage 

The safety of my loved ones and family (who I still get to see during quarantine) are much more important than my personal freedom during a 1 year pandemic. Small price to pay to protect those you love. The reward is the time you get with them once this ends. Seems like a small sacrifice to me. 

36 minutes ago, natedizel said:

Whats the point of living 1/3 of life. I rather not live at all. 

I would feel like an animal stuck in a cage 

yeah, I mean not being able to dine-in at applebees for a couple weeks is just brutal.  it's a human rights violation.  worse than gitmo.  worse than abu gharib.  the only thing that would make it worse is being asked to wear a mask.

4 minutes ago, fujiwara79 said:

yeah, I mean not being able to dine-in at applebees for a couple weeks is just brutal.  it's a human rights violation.  worse than gitmo.  worse than abu gharib.  the only thing that would make it worse is being asked to wear a mask.

Couple of weeks then another couple of weeks. Then a month then another month. 2021 then 2022. Hey whats another year

So, Yellowstone, definitely not overrated. Crowds weren’t as bad as I thought they would be until we went to Old Faithful today and even then you could go out into the Geyser Basins away from the Lodge and Visitor Center and not be crushed with people. Northwest Wyoming and the little bit of Montana we’ve been in is spectacular. Tomorrow we start the trip back east by way of Grand Teton. 

99AE8746-022A-4DBA-80E1-73F9D3F772FA.jpeg

9D8FD2FE-3042-4DB8-95C3-975BBA28D687.jpeg

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

The safety of my loved ones and family (who I still get to see during quarantine) are much more important than my personal freedom during a 1 year pandemic. Small price to pay to protect those you love. The reward is the time you get with them once this ends. Seems like a small sacrifice to me. 

Covid is never going away. Hate to be a downer but its never gonna be rainbow and butterflies again. Its just another way you can die getting out of bed in the morning

your-odds-of-dying-life-insurance-infographic.png

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, mreaves said:

So, Yellowstone, definitely not overrated. Crowds weren’t as bad as I thought they would be until we went to Old Faithful today and even then you could go out into the Geyser Basins away from the Lodge and Visitor Center and not be crushed with people. Northwest Wyoming and the little bit of Montana we’ve been in is spectacular. Tomorrow we start the trip back east by way of Grand Teton. 

Did you go through the Lamar valley? One of the prettiest places on Earth.

• Like 1

Just now, PhineasC said:

Sounds like a failure of that government. Lockdowns at this stage are a sign of failure, IMO. 

Less than 5% vaccinated.. Government officials either like the control of lockdowns or scared to go out and do their job.

7 minutes ago, mreaves said:

Yes. Tons of bison wandering on the highway. We left through the northeast gate and the Beartooth Pass. 

I’ve always wanted to drive Beartooth Pass.  Cool little summer ski area up there, though I think the heat caused a major avalanche that took most of their snowpack with it.

51 minutes ago, mreaves said:

That area is one of my favorite parts of the lower 48 states. I can’t wait to get my kid out there in the not too distant future.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I would never have thought of the Dakotas but I have been watching vids about them and seeing your posts makes me consider that area

I think we’re going to do an Amtrak trip in 2-3 years through the Tetons, Yellowstone, Northern California. There’s a 14 day trip you can do where you start in Chicago and do some national park excursions. You spend a 3 overnights on the train and the other nights in a hotel.
We took a train trip from Boston to San Antonio a couple summers ago to see some family, then flew back home. Pretty cool trip. 2 overnights on the train. We had a double sleep suite.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, natedizel said:

Covid is never going away. Hate to be a downer but its never gonna be rainbow and butterflies again. Its just another way you can die getting out of bed in the morning

your-odds-of-dying-life-insurance-infographic.png

Again.. This is just a sh*t awful embarrassing take. It's a preventable death. None of those people others are. 

14 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Can’t recommend enough taking a cross country trip. The Tetons were phenomenal. Yes, that’s a snow squall obscuring mountains to the right.

8JeCRW7.jpg

This is wild.  I love mountain weather too much to not live out there at some point in my life.

• Like 1