• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Met Summer Banter

HoarfrostHubb

Good ... judging by what I just saw weeble-wobbling into Walmart, a food shortage may give western Industrial societies a chance of getting the majority biomass of the proletariat to actually become                 less massive ...   There's a thought.

4 hours ago, BrianW said:

The UFO report is out. 

UFO Report Says ‘Unidentified Aerial Phenomena’ Defy Worldly Explanation

Propulsion and technology in some cases exceed present-day scientific knowledge, U.S. officials say.

WASHINGTON—U.S. intelligence officials reviewing dozens of reports of mysterious flying objects found 18 in which the objects displayed no visible propulsion or appeared to use technology beyond the known capabilities of the U.S. or its adversaries, according to an intelligence report released Friday.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/ufo-report-cites-unidentified-aerial-phenomena-that-defy-worldly-explanation-u-s-official-says-11624653953

The US military wants more funding.

• Haha 1

On 6/25/2021 at 1:13 PM, White Rain said:

I’m sorry but I do not believe a vaccine is better than natural immunity.  This goes against all conventional wisdom. Show me some real data 

tens of millions of people in brazil, south africa and india are evidence your "belief" in "conventional wisdom" is wrong.  not to mention that people get re-infected with other coronavirus all the time, so why would this particular 'Rona be different.

https://www.thelancet.com/article/S0140-6736(21)00183-5/fulltext

It could be that simple - snark aside. 

Lol, words to the affect of, "...Exhibiting methods of propulsion and acceleration 'unworldly' beyond the technological and/or scientific capabilities of the U.S. or its allies, or adversaries. ..." 

Egads! What does one do with a statement like that -

Truth be told ... despite the evocative use of the word 'unworldly' ... ( which I am not really sure that is in the report - I should probably go make sure because CNN covered and they are barely a verifiable status above tabloid news at this point for their incendiary tactic bullshit ) ... all that report really reveals is:

A,  this is what we observed;

B, we don't have an explanation for what these objects really are.

But it seems rather egregious using turn of phrases like unworldly toward a population saturated by the last 25 years of seamless VR vs R, in CGI dystopian Sci Fi cinema. 

Too egregious in fact - c'mon man! They said that shit like that, deliberately.  Maybe it is to increase funding.  I dunno.  Or, it's just the PR ineptitude of American "intelligence" agencies.  Ha! Distinct possibility just the same.  Either way, it' like they are cutesy dancing around the pachyderm notion of the thing and what they 'really' think - actual ET ?  Say it, but don't 'say it' to dodge culpability and undermining confidence in their offices.

2 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

I just wonder why only the US military is coming forward with this stuff when billions of people have a camera in their pocket at all times across the earth at this point.

Satellites can generate a high-def image of a bear shitting in my yard from space but all we get is grainy Nokia flip phone quality “images.”

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, fujiwara79 said:

tens of millions of people in brazil, south africa and india are evidence your "belief" in "conventional wisdom" is wrong.  not to mention that people get re-infected with other coronavirus all the time, so why would this particular 'Rona be different.

https://www.thelancet.com/article/S0140-6736(21)00183-5/fulltext

I'm not sure that article addresses natural immunity vs vaccine immunity.  And it doesn't even conclude that natural immunity is waning, just throws it out there as a possible explanation.  (1 of 4 possible explanations).  Even then calls that explanation "unlikely to fully explain resurgence".  Also, says later, "if resurgence in Manaus is due to waning of protective immunity, then similar resurgence scenarios should be expected in other locations", but we have not seen that here in the US, nor in Europe. etc.

Moreover they cite the NEJM study from 2020 suggesting 6 mo immunity and then talk about how in Manaus the period was 7-8 months.  But a subsequent June 2021 study shows at least 10 month immunity. 

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanhl/article/PIIS2666-7568(21)00093-3/fulltext

Just now, radarman said:

I'm not sure that article addresses natural immunity vs vaccine immunity.  And it doesn't even conclude that natural immunity is waning, just throws it out there as a possible explanation.  (1 of 4 possible explanations).  Even then calls that explanation "unlikely to fully explain resurgence".  Also, says later, "if resurgence in Manaus is due to waning of protective immunity, then similar resurgence scenarios should be expected in other locations", but we have not seen that here in the US, nor in Europe. etc.

Moreover they cite the NEJM study from 2020 suggesting 6 mo immunity and then talk about how in Manaus the period was 7-8 months so i.  But a subsequent June 2021 study shows at least 10 month immunity. 

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanhl/article/PIIS2666-7568(21)00093-3/fulltext

I think the 'natural immunity' probably exists for one particular variant, but the resurgence occurs when new variants arise.  All the resurgences in areas with high seroprevalence were due to a new variant.  That tells you two things: 1) natural immunity is very narrow and doesn't exist for the entire variant spectrum; 2) this isn't like measles or chicken pox, where you get it once and then you're immune for life.

It's possible that the virus had a few notably divergent mutations down there (as discussed) that may weaken both natural and vaccine immunity.  That would require a booster vax and those previously naturally immune would probably want to get it at that point.  So far though I think evidence that a booster shot is necessary worldwide (Manaus strain if it exists hasn't been reported to have circulated widely) or that natural immunity is worse than the first round of vaccines for the early strains plus the delta strains are slim to non-existant.

39 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Or, it's just the PR ineptitude of American "intelligence" agencies.

The resurrection of the 'Wuhan lab leak' story in the media was because of an intelligence report that was "leaked" (pun intended) to the media about a month ago.  Now the intelligence agencies are supposed to conduct an investigation and come back with a report in 90 days (circa end of August).  The lemmings will believe whatever these intelligence reports say if it affirms their pre-conceived narrative.  Nothing is better for their funding apparatus than another cold war.

12 minutes ago, fujiwara79 said:

I think the 'natural immunity' probably exists for one particular variant, but the resurgence occurs when new variants arise.  All the resurgences in areas with high seroprevalence were due to a new variant.  That tells you two things: 1) natural immunity is very narrow and doesn't exist for the entire variant spectrum; 2) this isn't like measles or chicken pox, where you get it once and then you're immune for life.

Best bet is to remain at home and be safe. I would also suggest disabling your Internet connection to avoid the increasingly severe cyber attacks we are seeing.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, fujiwara79 said:

I think you could just replace natural immunity with immunity in this post.  There's not been evidence suggesting natural immunity covers a narrower spectrum than vax immunity, and we don't have updated vaxxes yet, so it's still not clear why you'd treat those two groups differently right now, if it were based on the science alone.  Also I'd have to defer to Whitinsville, etc., but I presume the 10mo study I posted above is going to encompass at least a few strains so it's not totally narrow.  Even Delta is not reinfecting people in large numbers, or at any rate if it is, the outcomes are less severe as they are with the vax.

52 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Best bet is to remain at home and be safe. I would also suggest disabling your Internet connection to avoid the increasingly severe cyber attacks we are seeing.

Might as well wear a mask and gloves while doing all that along with keeping 10 antivirus applications running. 

I think Fauci gonna say Norton can protect you against covid?

my Apple smart phone is unrelenting ... I have indicated negative, yet it keeps posting me to install a free app with the ability inform me when/if I have been exposed to COVID.

This is what drives intelligent folk to distraction .. a distraction where's harms public/social/economic trust -

- cloaked in deception of protecting you?   If some app can warn you, it in fact also knows where YOU are, and probably infers what you are doing -  perhaps the real intent.

The only thing that got rid of it was allowing the occasional OS upgrade run - we'll see if it pops up again.

The odd thing, it's like humanity - industrial world - kinda needs something like that ?  It does.  It's scary to have to admit, but part of the darkness of humanity isn't any over arcing agency's social engineering ploys. It is that realistically, there is a ballast of population, en masse, now big enough to bring it all down. These cannot be reached with reason and logic; their fu'ked up lunacy and etho-chambered shit for brains actions    ugh 

Talks about society arriving between a rock and hard place.   I don't wanna be monitored, but I also don't wanna be a casualty of some intrinsic or endemic threat to civility, either. 

3 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

What? He gave up 2 earned runs last 2 starts. You just can't make stuff up. Congrats on the World Series

He started the season with 78 Ks and 3 BBs. Since then 48/14 including this game. Still good, but not otherworldly. 

In the last 2 innings I have not seen one call or act of motion not end up in favor of the Sox.

I've liked baseball for the better part of 25 years.  I am not an every game and pitch within fanatic, no - but I am usually aware of standings and who won - and do watch a lot of innings over the course of a season.

So tfwiw - I have never seen a Yankees team be this ineffectual against a Sox team - and the 'early in the season' mantra is losing footing as we near the 4th because mid season .

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, kdxken said:

I wonder what it feels like to put a match to 324 million dollars?

He’s still an ace pitcher but I mean, hand a guy a contract worth a third of a billion dollars and get him on the mound to avoid a sweep at the hands of your bitter rivals… and that’s what happens. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

He’s still an ace pitcher but I mean, hand a guy a contract worth a third of a billion dollars and get him on the mound to avoid a sweep at the hands of your bitter rivals… and that’s what happens. 

I'm not sure he still is an ace . He has one of the biggest declines in spin rates since the new rules. At least the Red Sox only wasted 10 million on Richards.

6 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

There we go ...

That guy that looks like a Cyborg terminator swings his bat and Jupiter's orbit wiggles but at least they got him.

We are all definitely losing this game from so much trash talk in the 5th inning :lol:Third time through for E-Rod can get sloppy.  But if Cora puts Matt Andreise out there and it’ll get close in a hurry.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, kdxken said:

I'm not sure he still is an ace . He has one of the biggest declines in spin rates since the new rules. At least the Red Sox only wasted 10 million on Richards.

It’s all about those spin rates baby ..and it is a BIG Deal . Watch the pitchers with double digit percent decline on Spin rates and watch the stats unravel . There is some luck with pitching so it may take a few starts if someone is getting lucky with balls hit hard for outs .

I love the pitcher tantrums 

• Like 1