Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Met Summer Banter

HoarfrostHubb

10 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I saw that today, yea…it’s about time. Great news from a freedom and revenue standpoint. 

the revenue issue was the biggest part in getting this done-the state was losing money to MA as CT residents simply headed over the border.    I don't partake, but I support the legalization of weed for this and many other reasons....

38 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

the revenue issue was the biggest part in getting this done-the state was losing money to MA as CT residents simply headed over the border.    I don't partake, but I support the legalization of weed for this and many other reasons....

It’s always about the money but it needed to get done so we’ll sign off. Hopefully they have the right people in place to not eff this up…there are several successful blueprints to follow too so it shouldn’t be hard to have success right out of the gate.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

It’s always about the money but it needed to get done so we’ll sign off. Hopefully they have the right people in place to not eff this up…there are several successful blueprints to follow too so it shouldn’t be hard to have success right out of the gate.

Took Maine 4yrs from time the people voted on it to allow for public sale. stupid legislatures

13 hours ago, powderfreak said:

The first night off for the Red Sox after a 17 day stretch.  Weird having to decide on something to watch.

We got hooked on "Alone" a couple years ago when they made it more challenging by staging in northern Canada rather than at temperate locations.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tamarack said:

We got hooked on "Alone" a couple years ago when they made it more challenging by staging in northern Canada rather than at temperate locations.

That's what I like about Alone.  None of this tropical weather stuff.  Much more interesting having to deal with cold and snow.

1 hour ago, Brewbeer said:

Pretty sure it was the former governor who did the most to keep public sales from moving forward.

He certainly was not a fan, but the bill had its problems as well.  Most involved things that should've been clearly stated but either were absent or ambiguous.  Another issue concerned the status of towns/marijuana sales.  For alcohol, towns are assumed dry and opt in to become wet.  The referendum-passed act was just the opposite - towns were open unless they took action to prohibit sales.  I can see the reasoning (Let's have it available everywhere) but being consistent with the existing widespread recreational drug would've smoothed the inevitable rulemaking.

14 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Last day of school for my son. Here's to a BS school year and hopefully not one like that again. Props to all the teachers here like Dave, Will's wife, and any others I have missed. Heroes right there and that's no hyperbole. 

Same here. Greenfield has a great “alternative” public elementary school that we’ve been at for the past five years.

We have truly loved it but losing a year of quality time there really sucked.  Now he is moving on to a new school. I had to keep the sunglasses on at pick up today because I was a little bit weepy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Last day of school for my son. Here's to a BS school year and hopefully not one like that again. Props to all the teachers here like Dave, Will's wife, and any others I have missed. Heroes right there and that's no hyperbole. 

Yup and it’s an underpaid profession to bat. True heros no doubt.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

If you are able to, get yourself a next gen games console (PS5, XBox Series X/S). Just got a Series S and Game Pass.  
Holy cannoli 

I hear they hard to find nowadays. I went back to pc gaming a few years ago. I might miss out on some exclusive stuff and deal with more hackers/cheaters but least i have more freedom. Pc still the wild west while console kinda puts limits on you.

1 hour ago, DotRat_Wx said:

A new study suggests there may be a link between Covid and brain tissue loss. “Seeing anatomical changes as a result of a virus in the brain like this is concerning,” @ScottGottliebMD says. https://t.co/fwgIgU3xWu https://t.co/cOkegd20u2

Seems like a lot of “ifs” and “buts” in that. We’ll see. 

4 hours ago, natedizel said:

I hear they hard to find nowadays. I went back to pc gaming a few years ago. I might miss out on some exclusive stuff and deal with more hackers/cheaters but least i have more freedom. Pc still the wild west while console kinda puts limits on you.

Yeah. PC gaming is pretty incredible.  You def need to invest in a good system

The consoles are super hard to find due to chip shortages. I had been tracking restocks for a month or so and was able to get one at Wednesday’s GameStop drop.  

Microsoft’s Game Pass offers a ton of games for $15 per month. I haven’t had a new gen console since 1999

5 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Yeah. PC gaming is pretty incredible.  You def need to invest in a good system

The consoles are super hard to find due to chip shortages. I had been tracking restocks for a month or so and was able to get one at Wednesday’s GameStop drop.  

Microsoft’s Game Pass offers a ton of games for $15 per month. I haven’t had a new gen console since 1999

Ya it can be an investment and frustrating but also rewarding. One of the downside of pc gaming is bad code in a game. Red dead redemption 2 would randomly crash when released for pc. I wasted a whole weekend trying to solve the problem. A patch released fixed the issue later.

Upgrading the pc on your own can be rewarding. Doing the research and installing the parts feels good. Knowing you didnt need to pay bestbuy or someone money to do it. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

same in our town-6th grade in the books-didn't learn a thing until they went back full time in early March.  What a joke and hopefully never again.

19 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

No one plays Atari 2600 or Coleco Vision anymore :whistle:

Screenshot_20210618-222134_Chrome_copy_711x607.jpg

My parents have an atari in original box in the basement somewhere. I remember hooking it up during a sleep over with my friendss back in the day. After playing with playstation 2's we got a kick out of it.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Hunchie is happy 

Our local Chinese joint makes hella good mai tais to go.    I find it funny that the only opposition was from liquor store associations.   Apples and oranges. 

Went to our first public movie showing last night at our local family owned theater.  We had booked it out three times for private shows over the last year 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, natedizel said:

My parents have an atari in original box in the basement somewhere. I remember hooking it up during a sleep over with my friendss back in the day. After playing with playstation 2's we got a kick out of it.

Ironically those go for more now on eBay than they originally cost.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1