Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Met Summer Banter

HoarfrostHubb

1 hour ago, tamarack said:

Maybe quenched your usually active sense of humor on this one?  Seems more serious than warranted, even though the numbers here show a significant warmth, liquid precip and lack of snowfall for the few days running up to and immediately after the 25th.  Probably a statistical fluke and if I had 100 years POR here rather than just 23 the anomaly would disappear.  However, I like exploring wx anomalies (don't we all, here?) so I mention this one fairly frequently.

I thought we had a snow fall, tho, the week before. Decent event in memory ( probably doesn't - ) serve.  It was cold up to and during that event, and it laid a decent pack down here.  

It was that newly seemingly perfunctory early to mid December snow storm prior to mid winter burn out pattern that's ever year regardless of ENSO this or Polar that - get's annoying but CC ftl I guess.   

Anyway my point was gonna be, that storm the week before seemingly rubbed it in, right?  lol.  I mean, it would have just been better if the Dec = piece of shit, period.

44 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

I know but msm keeps covid somewhere in the headlines daily

it's still killing people. Miss. has how many people as % vacced? 

A new variant of a virus that killed 600k people develops, I have no idea why you would not cover it. Makes no logical sense from media standpoint

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DotRat_Wx said:

it's still killing people. Miss. has how many people as % vacced? 

A new variant of a virus that killed 600k people develops, I have no idea why you would not cover it. Makes no logical sense from media standpoint

Media has tried to keep the fear going as long as possible.   If the 2 shot vax is 88% effective against this variant where's the story?  That's right, there is none.  

1 minute ago, Brian5671 said:

Media has tried to keep the fear going as long as possible.   If the 2 shot vax is 88% effective against this variant where's the story?  That's right, there is none.  

How many people still aren't vaccinated? Has there ever been an event that changed our collective lives like covid? Media is supposed to just stop reporting on the virus because it upsets you? 

A new variant is news. Sorry. No one is telling anyone to stay home anymore. I'm sitting in my office right now not wearing a mask around several people. 

Hundreds of people dying a day still. 

Antivaccers love to say 'we don't know how it will affect us' long term, but love to cite the vaccine's effectiveness and then claim it's not a story.

Which one is it? 

4 hours ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Attention Fugi and any other mask update triggered people. Do not read the following!

My works mandate ends July 6 along with all occupancy and distancing restrictions.   Praise Jesus 

We are completely done here in VT recently; the books have been cleaned to pre-COVID times.

First state in the US to be above 80% vaccinated.  Can party like it’s 2019.

News media has devolved into a business . Attention grabbing and misleading headlines to garner clicks . The local news is NOT at that level (Or close ) but the politicized popular channels are and as are many trusted internet sources outside of maybe Reuter’s .

The Covid has been no exception . It deserved a ton of coverage that is not the issue , it’s the hyping and selling perspectives and scrolling death dolls for effect / ratings that has infected the “news” and does so no matter the importance of the issue . So things get muddied. If people can’t see that they don’t want to .

We also saw a disgraceful attempt to push aside a lab leak theory to protect gain of function research due to the “ummmm we might have accidentally f’d up green lighting this research that may have led to half a million ? Deaths “

This attempt spanned from top scientific journals (lancet) to all news media . That’s a fact . It’s a microcosm of the “think this way or we will cancel you and or you opinion “ that has infected society and the reason many scientists who knew you can’t dismiss a lab leak theory didn’t speak up. Wether the lab leak is true (likely) or not , it speaks volumes (or should unless you don’t want to Listen ) to the steps that are  effective for a media campaign to frame a issue and shutdown legitimate debate very successfully . It should bother more people .

So the corporate media Unfortunately has little integrity and that is a big problem when trying to decipher information for a serious issue , we just saw science and scientists ..the holy grail of truth appear to say in a “unified front “  a lab leak definitely didn’t happen (and ridicule folks who didn’t think like them ) do a 180 and say oh ya ok that seems to make more sense ...and this seems to sit ok with people . 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

News media has devolved into a business . Attention grabbing and misleading headlines to garner clicks . The local news is NOT at that level (Or close ) but the politicized popular channels are and as are many trusted internet sources outside of maybe Reuter’s .

The Covid has been no exception . It deserved a ton of coverage that is not the issue , it’s the hyping and selling perspectives and scrolling death dolls for effect / ratings that has infected the “news” and does so no matter the importance of the issue . So things get muddied. If people can’t see that they don’t want to .

We also saw a disgraceful attempt to push aside a lab leak theory to protect gain of function research due to the “ummmm we might have accidentally f’d up green lighting this research that may have led to half a million ? Deaths “

So the News media Unfortunately has little integrity and that is a big problem when trying to decipher information for a serious issue . 

It has its issues, no doubt, but it also does good. You have to know which outlet to trust too. NPR, AP, and BBC are the best then they fall left or right in these hyper political times.

2 hours ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

This attempt spanned from top scientific journals (lancet) to all news media . That’s a fact . It’s a microcosm of the “think this way or we will cancel you and or you opinion “ that has infected society and the reason many scientists who knew you can’t dismiss a lab leak theory didn’t speak up. Wether the lab leak is true (likely) or not , it speaks volumes (or should unless you don’t want to Listen ) to the steps that are  effective for a media campaign to frame a issue and shutdown legitimate debate very successfully . It should bother more people .

So the corporate media Unfortunately has little integrity and that is a big problem when trying to decipher information for a serious issue , we just saw science and scientists ..the holy grail of truth appear to say in a “unified front “  a lab leak definitely didn’t happen (and ridicule folks who didn’t think like them ) do a 180 and say oh ya ok that seems to make more sense ...and this seems to sit ok with people . 

Its all talk shows now. Everything is opinionated instead of just reporting the facts.

If something dont fit a certain narrative then its ignored. Just the way it is for both left and right.

• Like 1