Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Met Summer Banter

HoarfrostHubb

13 minutes ago, amarshall said:

This is a traditional protein based vaccine that doesn't require super freezing.  Not a rushed through mrna vaccine with no long term studies. I got the mrna shots because I was required to for work. I would have waited for NVAX

It should be very helpful for poorer countries etc that lack the ability to keep them super cold etc.  Similar to J&J?  

Looks like they are hoping for a Sept approval                             

Oh yeah, vaccine.

I had the two dose deal - Moderna.   I did not feel or sense any reaction to either dose, zippo.   Moderna, as internet water-cooler wisdom would warn, is the worst offender for making the patient feel as though curing the disease is actually killing the patient.  I know that people are getting reactions to these vaccines - my sister did.  She was couched for 3 days with fever and headache - "they f'n gave me COVID, that's what!"

But I'm just here to say that either A,  this is not going to be true for all individuals - you may not respond.  Versus, B, the off chance that the vaccine failed to work in my particular physiology -- never heard of that, but nothing in a reality that is 100% a synergistic emergence of Quantum Uncertainty Principle can ever be in 100% certainty.   How's that for a whopper paradox.

Excluding the possibility that I am the 1::googleplex target for cosmic dildo flogging, I'm going to go ahead and assume I am just lucky that my particular make-up was able to absorb, respond appropriately, and end-goal my immunity to these predominating strains of C-19 pathogen, without having endure any headaches for the course.

3 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

How is it either more effective or safer?

MRNA vaccines have had 10,000 breakthroughs in 130,000,000 people. That’s 1/13000.    Pretty effective

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/health/novavax-covid-19-vaccine.html

In March the company announced an efficacy rate of 96 percent against the original coronavirus, 86 percent against the B.1.1.7 variant and 49 percent against the B.1.351 variant.

49% seems fairly meh…looks like another vax that would need frequent updates/boosters. 

2 hours ago, Lava Rock said:

But...but, the delta strain is coming. Boris already extending some lockdowns. According to some, we're not ovah this yet.

the good news is we're in summer here when life moves outside and spread is more difficult.  Gives us another 4-5 months to get even more people vaccinated before we head into winter.

I can't believe England is doing more lockdowns...at some point you have to get on with life.   Hospitals can't be overwhelmed there or anything....

5 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

the good news is we're in summer here when life moves outside and spread is more difficult.  Gives us another 4-5 months to get even more people vaccinated before we head into winter.

I can't believe England is doing more lockdowns...at some point you have to get on with life.   Hospitals can't be overwhelmed there or anything....

So afraid to die that they can’t live. 

41 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

Canada and Australia are also chasing a COVID zero goal as well. The people in these places tend to already be compliant sheep obsessed with “civic politeness” so they are not resisting it. 

Just now, PhineasC said:

Canada and Australia are also chasing COVID zero goal as well. The people in these places tend to already be compliant sheep obsessed with “civic politeness” so they are not resisting it. 

I'd be losing it in Canada. Dark and cold 8+ months of the year and they want to keep you locked down in warm season for a couple dozen deaths per day.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Canada and Australia are also chasing a COVID zero goal as well. The people in these places tend to already be compliant sheep obsessed with “civic politeness” so they are not resisting it. 

Hugh Jackman landed in Australia 3 days ago and is locked inside a hotel for 14 days without the ability to leave at all for anything.  Someone posted if hes able to go outside, and a resident of Australia said if he has a balcony. Pretty insane stuff like that is still going on. Life will never be the same in those countries again. New Zealand is another one. It's been #1 on my travel list for years and had a 16 day trip planned in April of 2020 to visit there. Going to be awhile before I can go there.

The numbers aren't that high, but the UK has actually had a significant increase in cases even with their high vaccination rate.  Can likely blame the Delta variant for that, which has taken over there.  Should the Delta variant take over in the US, then not out of the question that cases start rising here in coming months.  Parts of the US are very vaccinated, but others not so much.

6 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Hugh Jackman landed in Australia 3 days ago and is locked inside a hotel for 14 days without the ability to leave at all for anything.  Someone posted if hes able to go outside, and a resident of Australia said if he has a balcony. Pretty insane stuff like that is still going on. Life will never be the same in those countries again. New Zealand is another one. It's been #1 on my travel list for years and had a 16 day trip planned in April of 2020 to visit there. Going to be awhile before I can go there.

They will never open up until they dump the COVID zero BS which is an impossible and pointlessly self-destructive goal. 

4 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

The numbers aren't that high, but the UK has actually had a significant increase in cases even with their high vaccination rate.  Can likely blame the Delta variant for that, which has taken over there.  Should the Delta variant take over in the US, then not out of the question that cases start rising here in coming months.  Parts of the US are very vaccinated, but others not so much.

At some point, nations need to get over the fear and get off the treadmill. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I'd be losing it in Canada. Dark and cold 8+ months of the year and they want to keep you locked down in warm season for a couple dozen deaths per day.

Yeah… I mean, at some point, you have to live with this in the background, like the hundreds of other diseases. A lot of people die from cancer and heart attacks everyday too, and I know it’s not an apples to apples comparison, but you could play this game literally to the end of time pretty much.

3 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

At some point, nations need to get over the fear and get off the treadmill. 

I think in quite a few cases they don’t want to do that. They like being the overlords of their little fiefdoms. Nobody wants to relinquish power and control once they have it 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Yeah… I mean, at some point, you have to live with this in the background, like the hundreds of other diseases. A lot of people die from cancer and heart attacks everyday too, and I know it’s not an apples to apples comparison, but you could play this game literally to the end of time pretty much.

The comparison to cancer and heart attacks doesn't work since they are not contagious, but yeah... soon it becomes part of the background of diseases that may cause death like influenza or typhoid...  just need it to a reasonable level.  The US is pretty close to that right now...  

Australia and Canada are head scratchers for me...  big wide open countries with relatively few cases.

4 minutes ago, Cyclone-68 said:

I think in quite a few cases they don’t want to do that. They like being the overlords of their little fiefdoms. Nobody wants to relinquish power and control once they have it 

Definitely a glimpse at the development of the modern “mommy state” where onerous “public safety” measures turn people’s lives to misery. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

zero or even close to it will never happen...this is here to stay

24 minutes ago, dendrite said:

insane especially with the US wide open now...are Americans allowed in Canada? 

22 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

I don’t understand how they will be able to justify not locking down over flu deaths after what they have done with COVID. 

a bad flu season can kill 40-50K Americans-we've never locked down over that....