Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Met Summer Banter

HoarfrostHubb

11 hours ago, powderfreak said:

They've led the MLB in come-from-behind wins for quite some time.  They continue that practice.  This team is never out of it.

Verdugo is awesome.  Has had more hits, runs, home runs, batting average, slugging percentage than Mookie so far.  Betts is the better all-around player, but for the controlled low-cost price tag, Verdugo is a better "deal" for the money. 

Starting to remind me of the 2013 season for that mystique.   heroic incarnate -

• Like 1

12 hours ago, powderfreak said:

They've led the MLB in come-from-behind wins for quite some time.  They continue that practice.  This team is never out of it.

Verdugo is awesome.  Has had more hits, runs, home runs, batting average, slugging percentage than Mookie so far.  Betts is the better all-around player, but for the controlled low-cost price tag, Verdugo is a better "deal" for the money. 

Thanks for sweeping the Yankees. It's been excellent listening to the radio and fans calling up to complain non-stop.

Kinda sad I missed the city conversation. The reason I moved to Albany was for grad school. I'm in an urban planning program.

So last winter was my last one in Boston for awhile. Just took a new job in California. We Will be living in and around SLO. Not sure if we will do SLO or Pismo area. Would like Pismo to enjoy the cool weather, waves and fog.. SLO weather is pretty boring.. maybe I can look forward to a massive Nino winter. Enjoy folks, will still post here when I can and to keep in touch.

• Like 11

5 minutes ago, Bostonseminole said:

So last winter was my last one in Boston for awhile. Just took a new job in California. We Will be living in and around SLO. Not sure if we will do SLO or Pismo area. Would like Pismo to enjoy the cool weather, waves and fog.. SLO weather is pretty boring.. maybe I can look forward to a massive Nino winter. Enjoy folks, will still post here when I can and to keep in touch.

Congrats on the new job and adventure! Best of luck!  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Bostonseminole said:

Congrats man.  You can forgo an entire winter and just try to get to Mammoth or something once for a 8-foot Sierra storm.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bostonseminole said:

Congrats bud. Family comes first so we wish you the best out there as you start a new chapter. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Bostonseminole said:

Beautiful area!  We’ll miss you Raul!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PhineasC said:

Damn had a huge Italian dinner at a new place and feel bloated as hell. So glad I am deep in marriage-land and am not expected to come back after after a huge drunken dinner date and perform impressive bedroom acrobatics for 3 hours straight. 

Waiter approaches table... lean across table and quietly ask your date:

“Is there a chance of getting laid tonight?” “Maybe if you play your cards right.” “I’ll have a chef salad with grilled chicken, please.”

“Is there a chance of getting laid ton..” “Don’t even finish that sentence. Absolutely not.”  “I’ll have the veal parm, linguini, side antipasto, and a loaf of garlic bread, please.”

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

52 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Damn had a huge Italian dinner at a new place and feel bloated as hell. So glad I am deep in marriage-land and am not expected to come back after a huge drunken dinner date and perform impressive bedroom acrobatics for 3 hours straight. 

Two pump chump nowadays? :wub:

On a completely different note I came here to post this hilarious and egregious lead story on Yahoo! right now. How the hell did they think it was a good idea to use that graphic, while they got the graphic correct in the article is beyond me. Bunch of clickbait a**holes probably gave a lot of uninformed folks a heart attack. Not to mention no model or forecast has a Hurricane developing out of this. 

BBF944E8-4520-419D-98CA-803E896E0A2F.jpeg

C2A31795-87B4-4C94-BEE2-9392F3451C6A.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, KoalaBeer said:

On a completely different note I came here to post this hilarious and egregious lead story on Yahoo! right now. How the hell did they think it was a good idea to use that graphic, while they got the graphic correct in the article is beyond me. Bunch of clickbait a**holes probably gave a lot of uninformed folks a heart attack. Not to mention no model or forecast has a Hurricane developing out of this. 

Typical media nowadays. 

52 minutes ago, KoalaBeer said:

With 4 kids, speed suddenly becomes the most important attribute.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, PhineasC said:

Damn had a huge Italian dinner at a new place and feel bloated as hell. So glad I am deep in marriage-land and am not expected to come back after a huge drunken dinner date and perform impressive bedroom acrobatics for 3 hours straight. 

At your north digs, you’d need to perform that long just to stay warm. As always …

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/11/2021 at 11:17 AM, NorEastermass128 said:

Camden is a gem. I actually enjoyed the inner harbor area when I went to two Sox games there during the Summer or 2017. 

Camden is my favorite ballpark. 

Baltimore has a special place in my heart. It's unfortunate to see the wire this summer, and see how just little the city has changed from then until now...

1 hour ago, DotRat_Wx said:

Camden is my favorite ballpark. 

Baltimore has a special place in my heart. It's unfortunate to see the wire this summer, and see how just little the city has changed from then until now...

I always heard the beer is cheap in park. That still the case today?

Oh man, how much poop is there on the garage floor?  We have a nest 2 feet from the door that goes onto our deck and we use that door several times a day.  Every time, the poor mother robin has a fit and flies off making a racket.  It's getting old.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, QCD17 said:

Oh man, how much poop is there on the garage floor?  We have a nest 2 feet from the door that goes onto our deck and we use that door several times a day.  Every time, the poor mother robin has a fit and flies off making a racket.  It's getting old.

Almost nothing. She's been very polite. I shut her in at night and she's fine with it. I get up early to let the chickens out and she flies out after I open the door and meets the father up on the cable line. Then they take turns bringing in worms all day. When we free range with the chickens she's right out there in  the middle of them finding worms. I think she's used to us enough now that she associates us with safety. I'll miss her when she's done for good, but I hope this is it because she will be struggling in there when the real, consistent heat and dews arrive for good.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

Almost nothing. She's been very polite. I shut her in at night and she's fine with it. I get up early to let the chickens out and she flies out after I open the door and meets the father up on the cable line. Then they take turns bringing in worms all day. When we free range with the chickens she's right out there in  the middle of them finding worms. I think she's used to us enough now that she associates us with safety. I'll miss her when she's done for good, but I hope this is it because she will be struggling in there when the real, consistent heat and dews arrive for good.

My dad called all excited a few weeks ago- a wild turkey made a nest and laid eggs in my parents front yard. Yesterday my dad called to tell me that he and my mom watched as momma turkey left the nest with all her babies (11). They said all the eggs hatched. My parents were so excited to have that experience!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1