Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Met Summer Banter

HoarfrostHubb

1 hour ago, PhineasC said:

At some level, people have to want to help themselves and their communities. But certain people don't want to hear that line of thinking and shout it down.

The government has lately been actively disincentivizing people from trying to pull themselves out of poverty-stricken victimhood, so things will keep getting worse.

Ya cause people think they are entitled. Why do better if you gonna lose free health insurance and food stamps. I had a coworker quit his job cause he made to much money. Would of lost food stamps and where he lives. Would also sell his food stamps on the side

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, natedizel said:

Ya cause people think they are entitled. Why do better if you gonna lose free health insurance and food stamps. I had a coworker quit his job cause he made to much money. Would of lost food stamps and where he lives. Would also sell his food stamps on the side

Sure. Blame the inner city….Nobody talks about this though:

https://www.harvestpublicmedia.org/post/rural-americans-are-now-largest-slice-federal-food-aid-recipients

FRAC analyzed the USDA data and found that nationally, 16 percent of households in ruralareas use SNAP versus 13 percent in urbanareas. The population of older people is larger in rural areas, which Vollinger said is driving the increase.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Mass killing incidence/attempts have increased an order of magnitude spanning the last 25 years.   Inside and out of urban vs rural settings, and blurred regions that cross -over demographics, too. 

Not sure how anyone's drawing distinctions on violence.  It seems there is another systemic "trigger" that isn't related to traditional simplistic models of over-population leading to stress factors with density. It's fun to blame it on shit, though.

it's just  ( numbers game + the internet fomenting the unstable fringe among them) /2 and represents a far more profound systemic pandemia than any f'n virus, and is a factor of socio-dynamic feedbacks upon a species that was not intrinsically evolved to handle the immense power said tech affords them.  The ultimate result of said experiment yet to be determined.

Namely, it cuts the 700 thousand years of human evolutionary co-dependency on one another in the cooperative social organization of human society.  A lot of the travails are hands thus "made to be idol while playing with guns" - as a hugely simplistic metaphor.

Culture of violence… this one from last week was just like WTF….

”A Florida man took his son on paintball ‘drive by,’ police said. The boy, 10, ended up shot with a real gun.

It was the 10-year-old’s idea, police later said: He’d asked his dad if he would take him on a “drive by shooting” with his paintball gun, and Williams, 26, allegedly said yes.

But as the paintballs peppered the crowd, at least one of the victims thought the gunshots were real. So the man pulled out his own gun and fired a single bullet at the van — wounding the young boy.

After being struck with the bullet, police said, the 10-year-old fell out of the van and was run over as the vehicle continued to move. Williams then scooped the boy back into the van and drove home, where the boy’s mother called 911, according to a police report.

According to police, Williams’s son approached him over the weekend and asked if his father would take him to do a drive-by shooting with a paintball gun in Opa-locka.“

3 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

https://www.harvestpublicmedia.org/post/rural-americans-are-now-largest-slice-federal-food-aid-recipients

FRAC analyzed the USDA data and found that nationally, 16 percent of households in ruralareas use SNAP versus 13 percent in urbanareas. The population of older people is larger in rural areas, which Vollinger said is driving the increase.

So you trying to say the kid i worked with didnt quit and sell his food stamps?

• Weenie 1

5 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Plenty of people talk shit about the rural poor. LOL

It's far, far safer in Berlin, NH than Baltimore, MD, however.

• Thanks 1
  • Weenie 1

Just now, PhineasC said:

Plenty of people talk shit about the rural poor. LOL

It's far, far safer in Berlin, NH than Baltimore, MD, however.

We’re talking about welfare not safety. Easy for the agendas to point to the inner city poor areas but they always neglect to see the rural whites sucking from the govt teets, and in greater numbers.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Just checking, but you do understand how to adjust statistics by percent of the population, right?

10 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

We’re talking about welfare not safety. Easy for the agendas to point to the inner city poor areas but they always neglect to see the rural whites sucking from the govt teets, and in greater numbers.

Based on the numbers from your first link:

10% of white people are using welfare benefits.

26% of black people are using welfare benefits.

21 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Where did i even say white/black? 

38 minutes ago, natedizel said:

So you trying to say the kid i worked with didnt quit and sell his food stamps?

Less than 50% of American adults trust the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), and many believe most users abuse it. The latest welfare fraud statistics, however, show that the payment accuracy of SNAP is over 92%, while the food stamp trafficking rate in the past few years has been only 1-1.5%. These figures show that the US authorities have found efficient solutions to food stamp fraud.

https://balancingeverything.com/welfare-fraud-statistics/

4 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Less than 50% of American adults trust the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), and many believe most users abuse it. The latest welfare fraud statistics, however, show that the payment accuracy of SNAP is over 92%, while the food stamp trafficking rate in the past few years has been only 1-1.5%. These figures show that the US authorities have found efficient solutions to food stamp fraud.

https://balancingeverything.com/welfare-fraud-statistics/

Thats great stuff. Glad to know its not as bad and found solutions. I wonder if ex coworker is in that stat or good at hiding it.

8 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

It’s pretty much as healed as it’s going to get until the nail grows back. There is just an open area where the nail was so I obviously have to be diligent about keeping it clean and what not.

Awesome. I felt your pain after mine last summer, so I know how much relief that can be. Can bring a grown man to their knees crying :lol:.

37 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Awesome. I felt your pain after mine last summer, so I know how much relief that can be. Can bring a grown man to their knees crying :lol:.

My buddies were questioning how bad it actually hurt when I said I was in excruciating pain. I said, get back to me when you have, you’ll feel differently :lol:.

It hurt so bad at points I would have rather have been shot in the knee cap 

• Like 1

Anyone watching this Blue Jay's meltdown with 2 outs in the 6th inning?  The dude can't throw a strike.  Hits two batters, 4-ball walks with bases loaded.  Red Sox back in this game.  I've never seen a professional pitcher have a complete meltdown like that.

It is so good to see Fenway absolutely rocking.  Full capacity and it is loud on TV.  Would never know it wasn't prior to the pandemic.  It's awesome.

4 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Anyone watching this Blue Jay's meltdown with 2 outs in the 6th inning?  The dude can't throw a strike.  Hits two batters, 4-ball walks with bases loaded.  Red Sox back in this game.

It is so good to see Fenway absolutely rocking.  Full capacity and it is loud on TV.  Would never know it wasn't prior to the pandemic.  It's awesome.

I almost felt bad for the guy he was missing so badly.

16 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

I almost felt bad for the guy he was missing so badly.

It was painful to watch.  I do think the crowd can affect players especially after last season.  Even if they lose, that was so much fun to hear the crowd absolutely roaring.  Can't take those things for granted, it's just good for the soul to hear Fenway rocking.

34 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Anyone watching this Blue Jay's meltdown with 2 outs in the 6th inning?  The dude can't throw a strike.  Hits two batters, 4-ball walks with bases loaded.  Red Sox back in this game.  I've never seen a professional pitcher have a complete meltdown like that.

Not a pitcher but remember when Chuck Knoblauch seemingly forgot how to throw a baseball? 
https://www.thecoldwire.com/what-happened-to-chuck-knoblauch/

6 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

I loved Mookie but glad we got a young Verdugo in return.

They've led the MLB in come-from-behind wins for quite some time.  They continue that practice.  This team is never out of it.

Verdugo is awesome.  Has had more hits, runs, home runs, batting average, slugging percentage than Mookie so far.  Betts is the better all-around player, but for the controlled low-cost price tag, Verdugo is a better "deal" for the money. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, powderfreak said:

They've led the MLB in come-from-behind wins for quite some time.  They continue that practice.  This team is never out of it.

Verdugo is awesome.  Has had more hits, runs, home runs, batting average, slugging percentage than Mookie so far.  Betts is the better all-around player, but for the controlled low-cost price tag, Verdugo is a better "deal" for the money. 

They got rid of Price too.  That helps

• Like 2