• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Met Summer Banter

HoarfrostHubb

Surely your personal time being spent on this is worth more than the cost of a new phone? You already paid $100 for a diver.
The thing will never work right again. Even if you get it to come to life, the battery will be shot.
Already replaced the battery. $6. Just want my photo albums back which google photos does not categorize. They only do it by year

• Like 1

On 6/5/2021 at 4:26 PM, Lava Rock said:

I'm still trying to get my cellphone that sunk in the lake to work again. It's long since been dried out. I took it all apart and broke the screen in the process. Nothing on the board looked shorted out or burnt, but when I plug it into charger nothing happens. I replaced the battery and still doesn't power on or anything. Anyone know if the screen has to be functional in order to power up?
I thought I could at least plug into computer to access the drive but nada.
Don't really want to buy another touch screen unless necessary.

I would probably call around. Im sure you could find one of those corner pc repair shops to help.

45 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

Reddit folks saying the delta variant heading for US. emoji849.png

I’m not playin ball with anyone on reddit...I suppose you said “reddit” to put some kind of negative connotation on it...but...It’s literally called facts. The India variant has out competed the b.17 in the uk and is undoubtedly doing the same here. Will our vax rates blunt it? Yes, and especially in New England specifically. But the fact is- nationally- not locally- it’s as dangerous for the unvaccinated as it was during the height of this thing...and will only get more dangerous for those people as time continues. So ya- get your vaccine.

16 minutes ago, Supernovice said:

I’m not playin ball with anyone on reddit...I suppose you said “reddit” to put some kind of negative connotation on it...but...It’s literally called facts. The India variant has out competed the b.17 in the uk and is undoubtedly doing the same here. Will our vax rates blunt it? Yes, and especially in New England specifically. But the fact is- nationally- not locally- it’s as dangerous for the unvaccinated as it was during the height of this thing...and will only get more dangerous for those people as time continues. So ya- get your vaccine.

Can show me the numbers on how its as dangerous as the orininal strain? 

Also why would it get more dangerous for unvaccinated people? Ya viruses can mutate to get more deadly but history says they get weaker but more infectious..

22 minutes ago, Supernovice said:

And I am about as worried now as I was last March.

Also, it makes zero scientific sense to say things are getting "more dangerous" for the unvaccinated. That isn't really possible given what we can observe is happening with this virus. As more people get vaxxed or gain natural immunity, the number of possible vectors for infection will continue to decline. This virus appears to be following the pattern of getting weaker but more transmissible. That's a good sign it is petering out in terms of the deadly effects.

9 minutes ago, natedizel said:

Can show me the numbers on how its as dangerous as the orininal strain? 

Also why would it get more dangerous for unvaccinated people? Ya viruses can mutate to get more deadly but history says they get weaker but more infectious..

Not making any claims about being more dangerous- I.e. the variant itself. But certainly more infectious...like no doubt.

Facts are case fatality rate in the u.s. is basically unch. since last year. Just saying...#facts. To each there own. Around here specifically very bullish on being - over Covid. Love it- no masks, kids playing...f-ing love it. But facts ( nationally) remain. Don’t even get me started on looking at this on a scale that matters I.e. globally. 

1 minute ago, Supernovice said:

Not making any claims about being more dangerous- I.e. the variant itself. But certainly more infectious...like no doubt.

Facts are case fatality rate in the u.s. is basically unch. since last year. Just saying...#facts. To each there own. Around here specifically very bullish on being - over Covid. Love it- no masks, kids playing...f-ing love it. But facts ( nationally) remain. Don’t even get started on looking at this on a scale that matters I.e. globally. 

Covid will be around awhile. Its gonna be like last years hurricane season. 

How we gonna name them when the greek alphabet runs out. Maybe just call it what it is. The china virus.

5 minutes ago, natedizel said:

Covid will be around awhile. Its gonna be like last years hurricane season. 

How we gonna name them when the greek alphabet runs out. Maybe just call it what it is. The china virus.

How about the “Trump Virus” since it was our taxpayer money that funded the Wuhan Institute? See what I did there?

Honestly at this pt who cares? We’re still in crisis mgmt mode (globally).  Let’s get everyone in the world a vax that wants one then we can talk about responsibility if it even matters at that point.

no doubt- agree a million % we’re going to be dealing w/ this for a while probs forever. Thank God it’s not like...legit the real deal and we can learn lessons to apply next time. Or not.

• Weenie 1

3 minutes ago, Supernovice said:

How about the “Trump Virus” since it was our taxpayer money that funded the Wuhan Institute? See what I did there?

Honestly at this pt who cares? We’re still in crisis mgmt mode (globally).  Let’s get everyone in the world a vax that wants one then we can talk about responsibility if it even matters at that point.

no doubt- agree a million % we’re going to be dealing w/ this for a while probs forever. Thank God it’s not like...legit the real deal and we can learn lessons to apply next time. Or not.

Dont really see what ya did there honestly. NIH funded the lab and Fauci runs the lab.

Alot of viruses take the name of where they found. 

West Nile virus, Ebola virus, lyme disease norovirus.

People in lyme conn and norwalk ohio should be up in arms. They have a virus named after them. 

5 minutes ago, natedizel said:

Dont really see what ya did there honestly. NIH funded the lab and Fauci runs the lab.

Alot of viruses take the name of where they found. 

West Nile virus, Ebola virus, lyme disease norovirus.

People in lyme conn and norwalk ohio should be up in arms. They have a virus named after them. 

Literally a joke. But ok dude. Whoosh.

5 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Red Sox finish off a 3 game sweep of the Yankees.  “Everyone in New England goes to bed happy” - ESPN broadcast.

What a bullshit called strike in the bottom of the 9th!   But now is the time for you to have fun…

Just now, weathafella said:

What a bullshit called strike in the bottom of the 9th!   But now is the time for you to have fun…

That was a terrible call.  No doubt, it was well outside the window pane.  This team takes advantage of those things it seems.  They lead the MLB in come-from-behind wins.

2 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Haha i didnt mind it as a sox fan. I felt for the yanks thoe, that was bs call.

28 minutes ago, weathafella said:

If nothing else this season validates Cora’s ability as a leader.

I always liked cora. He was a great utility player because he did the little things right. Bunting/baserunning/playing for contact. 

He teaches the team what he knows now.