Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June, 2021 Discussion

Typhoon Tip

5 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

90+ and 70’s dews come right back Middle of next week. Possibly as early as Tuesday.

This heat we experience this week rendered to no meaning if this f'n thing out west were ever to both happen, but roll -over the top -    600 .. probably approaches 606 god "DAM" hgts there.

I'll be watching for any if subtle PNA index modulations, for early signals to plausible western continental heat releases.   This might be our France summer -

image.thumb.png.6028a7ad9c9f9b621cb1cae065c1ffea.png

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Through June through 6/29:

BOS: +6.2*

ORH: +4.6

PVD:  +3.4

BDL: +3.1

*. Probably 2F too warm?  

I'd be curious how BOS wind direction anomalies look.  I don't know of any easy sources for that specific metric - just curious how they did with E vs land-sourced wind flux anomalies during this raging orgasmic hard on to invalidate that site.   LOL... just kidding but I am wondering if the lack of BDs this spring into early summer - which may be anecdotal but I almost don't recall a year with so few cold fronts move SW through the area as this one has been free from.  Pretty amazing - ... But, BOS' climate is normally  more absorbing of those into their numbers  - cold numbers - and may be missing some of that normalcy

It's hard to prove a 2 pt calibration issue.... I guess it's acquisition of time/money - do we expense to eliminate other causes in tedium science, or do we send out a tech and swap the device.

1 hour ago, radarman said:

record high at BOS

SXUS71 KBOX 301916
RERBOS

RECORD EVENT REPORT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BOSTON/NORTON MA
0320 PM EDT WED JUN 30 2021

...RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE SET AT BOSTON MA...

A RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE OF 100 FOR BOSTON MA TODAY 
JUN 30TH. 

THIS BREAKS THE OLD RECORD OF 95 SET IN 1945.

$$

shattered... even with the offset

19 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

its funny that nam has mid 50's Saturday Afternoon for much of SNE over to SE Nh /Maine.  After 90's and great beach weather wether it happens or not mid 50's on Saturday of the 4'th weekend is just hilarious. Has a nice Lp moving NE just off Elbow of Cape. 

Thankfully it appears to be on crack. It's going to be subpar but not much support for the nor'easter look.