Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June, 2021 Discussion

Typhoon Tip

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Lol I’m not trying to say it isn’t dangerous if we truly have that heat. For me I’d like to see higher 850 temps. JMHO. Maybe we mix to the moon.

It's home grown heat - that's way.  I agree.

It's a scenario where we have the non -hydro heights ridic but our sun needs a nexus with an injected western kinetically charge slab of lava.  The two together ..really along 40 N needs that.  They just get that nexus more frequently out in IA...progressively less common coming E along the 40th parallel..

1 minute ago, Lava Rock said:

82.8f at 838 is ridiculous

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

82F here too... but the sun is just barely going down as well.  With that late solar, temps stay high late in these air masses.  Funny in mid-winter it's been pitch black for like 4 hours by now.

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Should we gin up a tropical thread ? 

There's also a small cyclone that's organized farther east along the same trough axis that host 96L, ..out around 70W/28.5 N - which must to the chagrin of others, does have enough oceanic space to act.  haha...  that would funny. For now it doesn't have much llv coupled oceanic circulation evidence, but neither did 96 L this time yesterday. 

Also, man 95 L looks good.  wouldn't it be early to see a CV system - that's interesting.

All topics that could go in a tropic threat for disco -

I would absolutely  love for something to spin up in that area , and send some swell North .  However 96L has become less organized this evening and decoupled ...so ..we can pray or Some might say wish  . 

Just finished walking the dog. Very steamy  still.

My guess is temps don’t fall much at all from here, given some clouds, light wind...and dews rising slightly into tomorrow morning. 78 for a low tomorrow morning a.m. in Dover, if I had to throw something out there..,

What are the record high low temps...?

19 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

My guess is temps don’t fall much at all from here, given some clouds, light wind...and dews rising slightly into tomorrow morning. 78 for a low tomorrow morning a.m. in Dover, if I had to throw something out there..,

BTV has a steady south wind and 86F at 9:30pm.  They've pulled off 80F mins before, wonder if they do it again.

That place just gets windier at night too when the south jet starts ripping north up the VT side of the Lake between the mountains and the cooler lake waters.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

BTV has a steady south wind and 86F at 9:30pm.  They've pulled off 80F mins before, wonder if they do it again.

That place just gets windier at night too when the south jet starts ripping north up the VT side of the Lake between the mountains and the cooler lake waters.

Huh, never thought of it that way,  but that almost acts like a mini LLJ when you have cooler air near and just above lake surface vs air at a similar altitude to the east.

10 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Huh, never thought of it that way,  but that almost acts like a mini LLJ when you have cooler air near and just above lake surface vs air at a similar altitude to the east.

Yeah!  That’s what I mean when talking about the nocturnal jet that sets up there out of the south.  I don’t have the study or write-up handy but in the last decade they’ve found evidence of a nocturnal low level jet on the VT side of the lake where air is routed north between the cooler, stable lake air and the Green Mountain Spine.  And at night they have a lowering inversion or less mixing in adjacent areas I guess, resulting in higher surface wind speeds in a corridor from Addison County up through Franklin County on the VT side of the lake.  Places like Plattsburgh, NY and NY side of lake seem to run slower wind, cooler temps.

You’ll see BTV almost get windier or stay at similar levels at night when other stations drop off.  Their temps reflect the mixed atmosphere without insolation.  I love that mesoscale stuff.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, jbenedet said:

73F in 1875 for CON...that's probably safe. If you want to exclude the knicker era it's 69F in 2016, 1999, and other years..