Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June, 2021 Discussion

Typhoon Tip

lol, Scott beat me by 5 minutes!

Yeah, the GFS and GGEM are doing their usual dirt in the gear-oil figuring out ways to offset - dunno.  Heat is the most fragile of all impactors in weather.  But the HI on the Euro is 103 for downtown Worcester ( below the airport duh - ), up to MHT

21 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I dunno about it's deterministic value but the Euro's 12z has 96/66 .. 70 in the point and click floater, Mon Tue and Wed this immediate next week, hovering over metrowest of Boston up to MHT

Just tell me Sunday isn’t an absolute scorcher...got 18 holes booked in the afternoon for my birthday. 

How about the PNW as well? I’d say 50% chance Portland, OR ties or beats there all time record this weekend. 

37 minutes ago, KoalaBeer said:

Just tell me Sunday isn’t an absolute scorcher...got 18 holes booked in the afternoon for my birthday. 

How about the PNW as well? I’d say 50% chance Portland, OR ties or beats there all time record this weekend. 

Potentially 112F in Portland Sunday.  Sick stuff.  I have friends there (from New England)

• Like 1

18 hours ago, mreaves said:

It’s been beautiful. Hit some storms outside Chicago and then a severe warned cell in Minnesota but the weather has been fantastic other than that. 

F39F942F-78D3-4ABC-8146-508220FFA32A.jpeg

You should have been here Sunday night-best severe event for me in years.  Tornado sirens-bad tornado with a lot of damage  in Naperville.  About 2 inches of rain in an hour.

1 hour ago, KoalaBeer said:

Again ..depends on the guidance details in hand.  NAM ext tries to use drag coefficient/friction in a light wind to stagnate the warm air from getting in until Monday... But the Euro has +16.5 at 850 mb with DPs over 65, amid parallel isobars/SW flow ...smooth and laminar, so the NAM wouldn't fit that.  In fact, it has < 70% RH at ceiling heights, so if depending where you're teeing off, if it is NW of a PVD-Logan rough axis you're probably looking at 92/65 at apex T...   That would probably send the HI to 98 on Sunday ...  Euro is a four-day heat wave.  

GFS not as oppressive on Sunday but still puts up 88/62 ...    everybody swelters Monday in either rendition -

50 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I’ve been to the pacific NW when it’s been 100+. It’s always low dues but 100+ is hot.   Must be some fun evenings with light lingering to 10PM.

Yeah fun evenings to be out and about I’m sure… eating and drinking on the patios until late in the evening.  That’s what summer is all about.  I’ve got friends in both Seattle and Portland (usual landing spots for former BTV dwellers) and the photos on social always look like it’s a great fun place.  The geography is pretty wild nearby too.

2 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Again ..depends on the guidance details in hand.  NAM ext tries to use drag coefficient/friction in a light wind to stagnate the warm air from getting in until Monday... But the Euro has +16.5 at 850 mb with DPs over 65, amid parallel isobars/SW flow ...smooth and laminar, so the NAM wouldn't fit that.  In fact, it has < 70% RH at ceiling heights, so if depending where you're teeing off, if it is NW of a PVD-Logan rough axis you're probably looking at 92/65 at apex T...   That would probably send the HI to 98 on Sunday ...  Euro is a four-day heat wave.  

GFS not as oppressive on Sunday but still puts up 88/62 ...    everybody swelters Monday in either rendition -

Thanks. Playing at Pease in Portsmouth NH so hoping for some marine influence to perhaps keep things in check. 88/62 is fine. Euro solution is certainly more oppressive. 

16 hours ago, Dan said:

Ha. We were at Crazy Horse yesterday too, about 12ish. Also, Mt Rushmore in the morning. Heading to Custer State Park and the Wind caves today

I saw 2 cars with Mass plates today and wondered if either was you. One was a silver Fusion on the Needles highway and the other was Suburban pulled over looking at som bison.