Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
June, 2021 Discussion

Typhoon Tip

9 hours ago, USCG RS said:

@weatherwiz @CoastalWx @Typhoon Tip or anyone else who may know... Completely OT question. Are damage survey teams made up strictly of meteorologists? 

I’m not a NWS met, but I’m sure some citizens may help out with witness accounts and directing them when they do these surveys. I’m sure some building engineers and inspectors join too. 

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

GFS/GEFS hinting at tropical development off the SE Coast around day 4, and surface HP precluding a quick escape East. Not much of a signal but it’s late June in New England and the summer doldrums...so..we watch....

Maybe. I’m not terribly enthused but that region is going to produce two TCs (including a regenerated Claudette) and fits climo, so I guess we do watch.

11 hours ago, USCG RS said:

@weatherwiz @CoastalWx @Typhoon Tip or anyone else who may know... Completely OT question. Are damage survey teams made up strictly of meteorologists? 

I don’t really have much knowledge of this but what Scott says makes sense. @OceanStWx wound probably have the best input. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, mreaves said:

I drove through some rain in northern Indiana yesterday but was dry by the time we got to Chicago. The lawn at the Wisconsin welcome center was pretty crisp. 

Some beautiful towers in the SE sky illuminated as the sun was setting yesterday.

• Like 1

Chamber of Commerce day.  What you see in the brochures for summer in the mountains.  No haze, excellent visibility in clear air... a breeze... shallow Cu dotting the landscape casting shadows.  Hot enough to swim, not hot enough to stifle active recreation.  Mountain was bustling over on the Gondola side, a good energy of people enjoying themselves.

Low 80s in town (max of 83F at MVL), upper 60s at the picnic tables.

203517389_10104567138863970_206970595451

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Very jealous.  I love the hills but the water has an extremely strong pull too.  The ocean is where summer lives.  That wide open space.

I love the mountains too. But there’s something special about a sunset like that. The bay side of the Cape never disappoints. 

• Like 1