Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
June, 2021 Discussion

Typhoon Tip

Saturday looks interesting..

Not sure a defined CF on the isobaric layout is really required - that's just standard reliance features, but a lot of summer events don't even have a cold front.

You have a clear indication of a barotropic intrusion, with theta-e and SW flow arriving 12z - there's a climate signal for day of events with 7 am rumbles and WF passage - btw. 

Meanwhile a W to WNW jet max/right entrance region is nosing into NY/PA by 18z and the rest of the region by dark.  That's got bow wind bomb written all over it.   Heights falling would be better and lapse rate may only be so-so, but these other shear mechanics on the GFS/GGEM operational versions should be notable ..NAM too, actually... We'll see what the Euro thinks but a CF isn't needed with decent CAPE and jet max mechanics, with geographic Lake breeze and/or elevation oriographic triggers

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Yes, We’ve had some gorgeous days this spring..many COC days for sure. Today and tomorrow definitely adding to them. 

Even  nice days seem bad when living in Billerica...........For many years Howie Carr described Billerica as being Somerville with trees......

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Reminds me of a weather channel report a long time ago during a snowstorm where they had Cantore on the ground in Natick. The front desk was going to the live report and said "Cantore is in 'na-tick' (instead of 'NA-tick') and he immediately started shaking his head. :lol:

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Bostonseminole said:

Seems right, like I said car was 124-125 just hot no matter how you slice it. Wonder if it was July or august it would reach 130? What conditions gives you the extra 5 degrees?

It's hard to fathom that temperature to be honest.  Seeing you standing nonchalantly next to that thermometer reading is pretty insane to me.  125F and a vibe of just chillin' out there.  Can't imagine that.  I guess it's like stepping into a dry sauna for a bit.

3 hours ago, Bostonseminole said:

Seems right, like I said car was 124-125 just hot no matter how you slice it. Wonder if it was July or august it would reach 130? What conditions gives you the extra 5 degrees?

Does a car struggle in that kind of heat? Is there less power? I would think the ac would have a hard time keeping up. Imagine a black car outside turned off with the windows up in that heat. The inside would probably melt. 

5 hours ago, Bostonseminole said:

The absence of God -