Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June, 2021 Discussion

Typhoon Tip

20 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

Nice!  I drove into Boston for an interview during rush hour once from Rockport. It took about the same time. Maybe 15 minutes quicker. 

Took about 15 minutes longer heading home with some traffic on 93 out of Boston around that 4pm time frame.  I thought it would've been much worse.  But I still give all of you a lot of credit who deal with that stuff on a daily basis.  My daily drive is literally two songs long on the radio.  It's exciting driving 85 with traffic in a 4-wide gauntlet.

42 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Yep. It’s true. Closer than you think. What did you think of all that development by The Garden? Not sure when you were down here last time, but impressive in that whole area how much they developed. 

Noticed that.  Cranes and new building advertisements.  It's good city real estate, Boston is definitely on the up and up.  I love the city.  We usually go to Montreal (2 hours to the large international airport) but Boston feels similar in size, despite having 50% of the population compared to Montreal.  Montreal traffic with 1.8 million people can be very bad at the wrong time too.  The big difference is all the people in the suburbs.  Canada doesn't have that, ha!

13 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Noticed that.  Cranes and new building advertisements.  It's good city real estate, Boston is definitely on the up and up.  I love the city.  We usually go to Montreal (2 hours to the large international airport) but Boston feels similar in size, despite having 50% of the population compared to Montreal.  Montreal traffic with 1.8 million people can be very bad at the wrong time too.  The big difference is all the people in the suburbs.  Canada doesn't have that, ha!

Montreal has always felt much bigger to me. Your statement got me wondering so I checked. There are some big suburbs around Montreal.  The city itself has a population of something like 1.7 million while the metro area is 4 million. I’ve really only been in the south shore suburbs like Longueuil, it’s population is 240,000 while Laval, north of the city has a population of 422,000. 

6 minutes ago, Bostonseminole said:

I asked the lady if it was running a bit high, she said maybe 1-2, weather service is looking to insulate it more. I think my car maxed at 125 and that was consistent across the area and badwater.

127 or 121 it's definitely not coc.

1 minute ago, Bostonseminole said:

I asked the lady if it was running a bit high, she said maybe 1-2, weather service is looking to insulate it more. I think my car maxed at 125 and that was consistent across the area and badwater.

Be thankful that she didn't think you were asking her how high she was or you might have gotten a glass of bad water thrown in your face...

Image result for how high are you memesSee the source image