• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June, 2021 Discussion

Typhoon Tip

Looks like we came away with 0.11” today at home.

Some of those storms in CNE looked like more water coming out of the sky in 15 minutes than I’ve seen in June so far.  That was some torrential rain, I-93 became a waterway very fast.  Once near Sunapee and then that one south of Manchester.

Haven't seen it rain like that at home in a while, but humanity invented the hose, so it doesn’t matter.  The rain will come.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Some of those storms in CNE looked like more water coming out of the sky in 15 minutes than I’ve seen in June so far.  That was some torrential rain, I-93 became a waterway very fast.  Once near Sunapee and then that one south of Manchester.

Haven't seen it rain like that at home in a while, but humanity invented the hose, so it doesn’t matter.  The rain will come.

This

8 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Probably comes in time to ruin my trips up north lol. 

22 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Stressing over a dry stretch as if we are the desert southwest feels better though. 

4 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Raul was

88922dc5bd0b9449145aa98304d29124.jpg

I see 124F for a reported high from the coop. What's the 127F from? I think the visitors center was around 121F too.

...Cooperative Station...
 High and low temperature since midnight...
 precipitation for the 24 hours ending at 5 pm PDT

.BR VEF 0615 P DH17/TAIRZX/TAIRZN/PPDRZZ/SFDRZZ/SDIRZZ
 :
 : ...Southeast California...
 :                              Obs        Max   Min    24-Hr  Snow   Snow
 :Id     Station         Elev   Time       Temp  Temp   Pcpn   Fall   Depth
 DEVC1 : Death Valley NP -194 : DH151646/  124 /  88 /  0.00 /  0.0 /    0

• Weenie 1

23 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Miami and now Europe? WTF.

Business trip and now going to see family she hasn't seen in a year and a half.  Vaccination and restrictions ending, she gone :lol:.

On another note though, it is pretty crazy to me that despite how far away our weather seems from BOS sometimes, in exactly 3 hours on the dot I can go from my driveway in Stowe to Logan Airport's departures ring.  The interstate system is absolutely amazing.  I-89 to I-93, so easy.  It takes me another full hour to get to Albany than it does to go to Boston, because half of it is country routes.  No wonder Stowe feels like a Boston suburb sometimes... it's just a quick jaunt to the interstate, and then drive on cruise control for 3 hours until you pass TD Garden.

• Like 2
  • Weenie 1

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

Business trip and now going to see family she hasn't seen in a year and a half.  Vaccination and restrictions ending, she gone :lol:.

On another note though, it is pretty crazy to me that despite how far away our weather seems from BOS sometimes, in exactly 3 hours on the dot I can go from my driveway in Stowe to Logan Airport's departures ring.  The interstate system is absolutely amazing.  I-89 to I-93, so easy.  It takes me another full hour to get to Albany than it does to go to Boston.  No wonder Stowe feels like a Boston suburb sometimes... it's just one quick road to the interstate, and then drive on cruise control for 3 hours until you pass TD Garden.

Nice!  I drove into Boston for an interview during rush hour once from Rockport. It took about the same time. Maybe 15 minutes quicker. 

5 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

On another note though, it is pretty crazy to me that despite how far away our weather seems from BOS sometimes, in exactly 3 hours on the dot I can go from my driveway in Stowe to Logan Airport's departures ring.  The interstate system is absolutely amazing.  I-89 to I-93, so easy.  It takes me another full hour to get to Albany than it does to go to Boston, because half of it is country routes.  No wonder Stowe feels like a Boston suburb sometimes... it's just a quick jaunt to the interstate, and then drive on cruise control for 3 hours until you pass TD Garden.

Yep. It’s true. Closer than you think. What did you think of all that development by The Garden? Not sure when you were down here last time, but impressive in that whole area how much they developed.