Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June, 2021 Discussion

Typhoon Tip

1 hour ago, KoalaBeer said:

MRGL risk now. I got left out but not surprised. Complete overcoast on the coast here. 

1947B8CB-856B-4616-9FA9-FACA7125F6CF.jpeg

Many times I'll see reds and oranges approaching from Manchester/Concord and think, hey, looks good. Then they get close and fizzle out, or better yet, split off into southern ME and NE MA. I think our better storm time is mid-July into August.

8 minutes ago, rimetree said:

Many times I'll see reds and oranges approaching from Manchester/Concord and think, hey, looks good. Then they get close and fizzle out, or better yet, split off into southern ME and NE MA. I think our better storm time is mid-July into August.

Yup I’ve noticed that as well. But other times they collide with the sea boundary and things go boom. Those are the good ones!

14 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Nice quick half inch of rain in 25 minutes here with a period of peas mixed in. Down to 60.5F.

Nice you guys need it. Looks like the line is filling in down from the lakes region and intensifying. Going to be a race in time for me to get out of work, get my wetsuit on and get out surfing. Ocean + Lightning is something Im not trying mess with. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

hope it gets here

Looks better for you than me.  Should get something here over the next 2 hours but the heavy duty stuff looks to stay south.  Sun just broke thru the clouds 30 minutes ago and temps are still in the 60s.  And the fat lady has sung when this current patch of echoes has gone by.

9 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

WTF.  Stopped dead on 93 south of Manchester.  Branches flying and zero vis rain.  

Ya that cells been impressive at times. Been pulsing up and down. Pretty impressive anvil out to my west. Don’t think I’m messing around with hopping in the water to surf at this point. Beers on the porch watching it roll in instead. 

Edit: I just know this sucker is going to barely slide south of me looking at radar :facepalm:

1 hour ago, KoalaBeer said:

Ya that cells been impressive at times. Been pulsing up and down. Pretty impressive anvil out to my west. Don’t think I’m messing around with hopping in the water to surf at this point. Beers on the porch watching it roll in instead. 

Edit: I just know this sucker is going to barely slide south of me looking at radar :facepalm:

Yeah that was crazy.  Had to drive the wife to Logan for a flight to Europe, timed that cell just right, ha.  Best thunderstorm of the year for me so far.  Some good wind with it.

• Like 1