Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June, 2021 Discussion

Typhoon Tip

5 minutes ago, tamarack said:

We put out suet and seed-encrusted blocks - no mess but the blue jays probably eat 90% of it, with woodpeckers, chickadees, various finches and the first red-breasted grosbeak I've ever seen sharing the rest.

I get at least one breeding pair of red breasted grosbeaks every year...love them.

1 hour ago, Lava Rock said:

no surprise. Every time local mets say it's going to rain or shwr, I jokingly tell my wife "yeah right". Supposed to get some chances tomorrow too, but I'm sure they'll fizzle and/or miss too. 0.14" for the month so far

the silver lining is that now everyone's yard looks like Lava's

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

Going to need NNE to win at some point before August. I would like there to actually be water in the river I plan to spend a week fishing. lol

Nosey me asks which river?  Not many allow a week's fishing unless one intends to stop for a day or two a couple times.  The two that come to mind are the Allagash and St. John, and for the latter I'll quote the "Franglese" of a former co-worker: "In Haugust I'm put my snowshoe on my feet and canoe on my back and walk down the river!"  For canoeing the St. John one should check the flow gauge at Dickey.  If it's under 3,000 cfs one best makes other plans.

Not thinking today will a complete washout. We will have to
contend with a series or mid level shortwaves, so thinking along
the lines of periods of showers, with at least a small break in
between rounds. Greatest chances for measurable rainfall will be
across the western half of southern New England. Locally heavy
rainfall is possible, but not very likely.

He think wrong.

2 minutes ago, kdxken said:

Not thinking today will a complete washout. We will have to
contend with a series or mid level shortwaves, so thinking along
the lines of periods of showers, with at least a small break in
between rounds. Greatest chances for measurable rainfall will be
across the western half of southern New England. Locally heavy
rainfall is possible, but not very likely.

He think wrong.

Not sure how you think it's not very likely when you looked at radar. Anyways, glad it's a Monday and not a Saturday.

• Like 1

Man that’s some weird polygons out by Albany. Storm is moving due east and they have a polygon pointed southeast and northeast on it. Anyways, tomorrow could be interesting for some strong storms if you want to believe the NAM. Also hoping that TD of the Carolinas gets its act together and delivers some waves to the coast. Haven’t brought the surfboard out lately. 

91865500-8AF2-422B-8B3B-EB84B4102A15.jpeg

4 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Like I said, 5 bun run :lol: 

You know it's funny ... getting this particular model to see any kind of TC initiation and subsequent maintenance thereafter takes a cyborg futuristic neural implant directly into the ocular brain cortex -  yet, there it is.

Meanwhile, no other guidance that typically self-finishes and sprays orgasmic TCs all over the map doesn't put out diddly squat out in that time.

I don't have much to worry about for lawn, don't have a garden and am not connected to a golf course anymore so I'm not overly concerned but it has been bone dry around here. .18 today but it has remained cloudy and cool, it's currently 61.8°.  This is ideal summer weather for @ineedsnow but it sucks for us surface dwellers.

Edit to add: MPV was -1.82" in May and so far in June is -1.46".  Pretty soon this is what the road up to PF land will look like

image.jpeg.d8b490d6e6611bd8c1b5949ad6e9db9c.jpeg

• Haha 2

It's fascinating ( in an exceedingly tedious and excruciatingly nerdy aspect ), despite that Euro's hugely unrealistically deep anomaly it has evolving through southern Canada, which if one tracks back it's quite difficult to find enough momentous S/W mechanics that offers a source/orgin, the 850 mb temperatures can't get below 10 C from ORD-BOS ...

I also have trouble believing that a TC coming over land W of NOLA, then moving over 1,500 mile of land, will emerge near the Marva and suddenly become that intense in a bite water region that frankly won't be warm enough for the thermal engine of any tropical sounding when all that happens. 

We are just in a bizarre pattern incoming and every model is doing weird things - maybe because of that.

2 hours ago, tamarack said:

Nosey me asks which river?  Not many allow a week's fishing unless one intends to stop for a day or two a couple times.  The two that come to mind are the Allagash and St. John, and for the latter I'll quote the "Franglese" of a former co-worker: "In Haugust I'm put my snowshoe on my feet and canoe on my back and walk down the river!"  For canoeing the St. John one should check the flow gauge at Dickey.  If it's under 3,000 cfs one best makes other plans.

Renting a house along the Ammonoosuc River with the family. Certainly, not an entire week dedicated to fishing, but hoping for a few solid periods where I plan to walk back and forth looking for a few fish.