Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June, 2021 Discussion

Typhoon Tip

16 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

About to get pulverized here in Leominster

few rumbles here and a decent drink.  

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

Interesting day perhaps tomorrow with low pressure moving into SNE. Some decent dynamics with it. Good shear etc. 

is this thing right now an MCS?

It was clear sky before, evinced via the early morning hi res vis satellite loops. But as this thing is leaving, same sat vantages a scunged backside clear to PA.  It has that stoned painting crew's latex spilled on a highway look to it, like it'll need the power of 10 suns to burn it off.

Otherwise, today might be interesting too. 

Come to think of it...I have been watching the early season TW traffic out in the Atlantic and some of these waves are rather robust - perhaps establishing some seasonal tendency?  that usually does manifest, '...that season began suspiciously with strong waves yadda yadda yadda - ' when in hindsight.

Unlike last year, SAL is not as prevalent early on, either- not sure what that may mean for later in J/A/S but last year seemed to be plagued the whole way out there.

8 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

The convective burst around 1am last night was excellent. It actually looked like a classic TC genesis signal on IR and radar IMO but the low was still tied to the front.

Man I love tracking tropical. 

39480123.gif?0.7030535031327539

"Book end" low climo is a June deal.  Yeah -

This looks pretty classic for that.  Front arrives and lays out W-E from the TV to Bermuda, and as it frontalysizes ( decays ) the air on both sides homogenizes into a barotropic sounding, and with W wind under E wind persisting during a window of lingering trough ( old frontal axis) it's like giving a toy-top a spin

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

1.93" the last 39 days up until this morning deluge of .12"  Congrats to all of you seeing rain

I think you got a lot less on Memorial Day weekend?

58.7° -RA

Only 0.25” rain, but it’s a start. Hopefuly at least another 1/2” to go through tomorrow. 

14 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Dog cooled off today in the snow.  Last pile left out there.

199055067_10104560834323320_400639120425

The real disturbing thing is that brown shit-stain is all the mud and dirt on her coat that she’s rubbed off into the snow.  She gets into every mud pit on the way up and then on the way down I half stop here just to get her to clean herself off on the snow.  She’ll roll for a good 10 minutes until clean.

200252212_10104560834348270_233338674540

Love it!  Our Abby (2003-16) was a mudder as well, so I'd toss a stick into our spring-overflow pond by the well (and with no mud from there to home) to wash off the coating.  Sometimes it took a 2nd toss into the pond.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, tamarack said:

Not quite, though our 1.79" since May 1 (0.96" came Memorial Dat weekend) has to be near dead last.  However, we also had a run of 5 out of 6 winters with 100"+ from 13-14 thru 18-19, and 16-17 featured 2 storms of 21", only the 2nd time I've experienced twin 20s - the other was 60-61 in NNJ.  They don't all miss.  :D:weenie:

That final sentence should've read, "Despite my frequent laments here, they don't all miss."

In 2008 I'd already recorded just under 120" by Feb. 29.  With the March 1 "Manitoba Mauler" forecast as 10-14" here and a solid 43" at the stake, I saw mid-50s pack in my future.  When it pooped out at 6"/48" I was quite disappointed despite it being my snowiest winter since my Fort Kent days.  Shameful.

Looks like the first attempt at RA will be a whiff north of LEW.  Though the garden is quite dry, the deeper rooted trees are doing just fine.  The 10 trees near house and lawn that I've measured bi-weekly since the 2012 growing season are doing fine.  Their diameter growth thru today is the best by mid June since 2013, significant for 2 reasons.  As trees get larger they often maintain or increase volume growth but with slowing diameter increment, as that increment is on a bigger start size and the tree gets taller.  Second, I've done nothing to give those trees more growing space, so they've been subject to increasing competition year by year.

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

It was clear sky before, evinced via the early morning hi res vis satellite loops. But as this thing is leaving, same sat vantages a scunged backside clear to PA.  It has that stoned painting crew's latex spilled on a highway look to it, like it'll need the power of 10 suns to burn it off.

Otherwise, today might be interesting too. 

montoya.jpg

55 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

The convective burst around 1am last night was excellent. It actually looked like a classic TC genesis signal on IR and radar IMO but the low was still tied to the front.

Man I love tracking tropical. 

39480123.gif?0.7030535031327539

That little critter popped out of nowhere!