Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June, 2021 Discussion

Typhoon Tip

Furnace creek later in the week.. 

Thursday
Mostly sunny and hot, with a high near 126.
Thursday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 99.
Friday
Sunny and hot, with a high near 126.
Friday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 99.
Saturday
Sunny and hot, with a high near 126
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

At least death valley cools more at night.. 

Thursday
Mostly sunny and hot, with a high near 127.
Thursday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 97.
Friday
Sunny and hot, with a high near 128.
Friday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 98.
Saturday
Sunny and hot, with a high near 128.
  • Like 1

At least death valley cools more at night.. 
Thursday Mostly sunny and hot, with a high near 127. Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 97. Friday Sunny and hot, with a high near 128. Friday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 98. Saturday Sunny and hot, with a high near 128.
Can't imagine that kinda heat

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

Some models are keeping the heaviest over VT. We could really use at least a half inch.

I think we are some of the driest since May 1st up this way.  Like 2-4” total since 5/1.  Tamarack may give us a run for our money though.

80/40… RH between 20-25% today.  I think the dryness is giving some feedback.  We seem to be higher than model temps but lower than model dews since the heater.

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

I think we are some of the driest since May 1st up this way.  Like 2-4” total since 5/1.  Tamarack may give us a run for our money though.

Poor tamarack seems to have missed everything for a decade. :lol: :(:stein:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

Poor tamarack seems to have missed everything for a decade. :lol: :(:stein:

Not quite, though our 1.79" since May 1 (0.96" came Memorial Dat weekend) has to be near dead last.  However, we also had a run of 5 out of 6 winters with 100"+ from 13-14 thru 18-19, and 16-17 featured 2 storms of 21", only the 2nd time I've experienced twin 20s - the other was 60-61 in NNJ.  They don't all miss.  :D:weenie:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kdxken said:

Unquestionable coc tonight. Couldn't draw it up any better.

Love it.  We’ve spent 6+ hours now bouncing around 80-81F with dews near 40F.  Absolute perfection.  Gets to 80F around noon and then just marinades there until 7pm.

What a day to be alive.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Love it.  We’ve spent 6+ hours now bouncing around 80-81F with dews near 40F.  Absolute perfection.  Gets to 80F around noon and then just marinades there until 7pm.

What a day to be alive.

I’m going to wear a hoodie with shorts out there for DIT this evening. Gone but not forgotten. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Dog cooled off today in the snow.  Last pile left out there.

199055067_10104560834323320_400639120425

The real disturbing thing is that brown shit-stain is all the mud and dirt on her coat that she’s rubbed off into the snow.  She gets into every mud pit on the way up and then on the way down I half stop here just to get her to clean herself off on the snow.  She’ll roll for a good 10 minutes until clean.

200252212_10104560834348270_233338674540

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

23 minutes ago, dendrite said:

2.14" here in the last 39 days. I was feeling good about rain, but Stein is peeking in my window.:stein:

I can't imagine we are any better, it's been real dry.  I know there are negatives for the ecosystem, but I've been enjoying it.  Never have to alter plans due to rain.  Shoulder season outdoor mountain operations just cruising compared to normal years.  Hiking is amazing, trails have been mud-free for 6 weeks.  Lots of traffic from outdoor enthusiasts too.

I do have to water the garden daily though, not a big deal, ha.  Wife planted it, I take care of it.  Luckily a hose and outdoor spigot connected to municipal water supply in a town that's downstream of higher terrain fed by natural springs can keep it all growing.

I feel for those on a well, farmers, etc.  They are more important than my desire to go outside when I want to.  But it's been enjoyable, so hard to ignore.