Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June, 2021 Discussion

Typhoon Tip

54 minutes ago, dendrite said:

75/45

Top 10er. Glad we live here today. 

Perfect day.  Bob Ross happy little clouds in the sky, good visibility over to MWN, Killington, Whiteface, and Quebec.

60F up at the picnic tables with a breeze keeping it bug free.

Haven't golfed yet this season but this weather is making me want to put the clubs in the car.

• Like 1

Definitely seemed like the top layer of soil was dry when I left Randolph. It hasn't rained since then, so it's a dry spell for the gardeners I guess.

There is a lot of ground water there in spring and early summer so not too worried about the well at this point. Worry will start in September if the rain has not materialized. Sure hope it isn't waiting for Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas again.

Everything still looks green, but it is starting to get that baked look a little. 

The CoC brochure definitely did not say to expect weeks and weeks of bright sun and dry conditions in elevated sections of Coos County during the summer. Winter in San Diego conditions.

I definitely never anticipated these extended dry spells when I bought there. The historical record made it clear that regular light precipitation is the norm there. What a run of dry since April 2020.

7 hours ago, PhineasC said:

Definitely seemed like the top layer of soil was dry when I left Randolph. It hasn't rained since then, so it's a dry spell for the gardeners I guess.

There is a lot of ground water there in spring and early summer so not too worried about the well at this point. Worry will start in September if the rain has not materialized. Sure hope it isn't waiting for Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas again.

Everything still looks green, but it is starting to get that baked look a little. 

The CoC brochure definitely did not say to expect weeks and weeks of bright sun and dry conditions in elevated sections of Coos County during the summer. Winter in San Diego conditions.

I definitely never anticipated these extended dry spells when I bought there. The historical record made it clear that regular light precipitation is the norm there. What a run of dry since April 2020.

Congrats 

12mPDeptNH.png

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Oh boy another gorgeous morning. Azure blue sky with wispy cirrus. Low dews and absolute stillness. 

20210613_071358.jpg

51 for the low here, currently a light fog with the sun breaking through....birds chirping in all directions

Let's keep this going all summer please....

• Like 2

9 hours ago, PhineasC said:

Looks potentially wet tomorrow.

46 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Not much to hype 

Here?  - perhaps not for at least a week.  I'm not sure I buy the longevity of that temperate GFS solution - it tends to rasp heights down everywhere, as a cumulative bias. By day 10, it is consummately the coolest guidance of any choice offered within the polar/Ferrel domain, and that leads all kinds of large scale systemic errors. .

But in the interim,  the heat in the west is a pretty extraordinary circumstance - it will exceed, in standard deviation, relative to our 4 to 5 day heat wave's daily scalar value, and in areal coverage, both.  It's amazing event.

I get it - imby is all that matter.. blah blah. Just sayn'

Hey, does anyone know if that old Death Valley record was still in dispute?   Last I knew, the world record hottest was some place Africa sub-saran ... but that one was in dispute - or was it the 2nd place record in Death Valley??  

I'm noticing the 2-meter on the Euro approaching a buck-20 and thing is, that model tends to mature its numbers to the day of potential if anything and we're still beyond day four.  I'm wondering if some uniquely climate hot spots may sound the knell -

• Like 2