Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June, 2021 Discussion

Typhoon Tip

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Looks like you have more coming?  Southern Greens and Bennington County know how to do summer convective rains.  

Yea, up around 2" now.

We can get the scraps from ENY/ Mohawk Valley.  Seems like a fair number of EF0 and EF1 TORS have happened in those areas in recent years.

2 minutes ago, backedgeapproaching said:

Yea, up around 2" now.

We can get the scraps from ENY/ Mohawk Valley.  Seems like a fair number of EF0 and EF1 TORS have happened in those areas in recent years.

Just don’t need too much or the mud washes away to reveal the evidence. 

11 minutes ago, mreaves said:

Lol. .03 here. 

It's been really dry here.  It's been a while since some soaking rains.  I love it though, plans are never interrupted by rains.  Some years it seems to annoyingly rain every afternoon.

Never have to worry about changing outdoor plans due to rain or have to worry about what to wear.  No rubber Carhartt wetsuits on the mountain.

No mud, or soft slick ground.  Just easy travel on foot with the dog once again this evening up at the picnic tables.

652134341_June8.jpg.fc9fac0e4e8a46e023a92baa06392acb.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

Lol , wish I could get 7 news, are you on air?

Heck no. When I first did media I didn't understand the business.

Took a few years off, realized I like behind the scenes.

I work both night and day side depending on the day. Manage about 7 reporters and 8 ibew photogs. Get to assign them based on guidance from the bosses, then we move them around as news breaks etc. Spend a lot of time on police scanners, phones, working leads, confirming information. It's pretty much the job I wanted a few years ago but didn't know it. Oh well, I found it now!

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

It's been really dry here.  It's been a while since some soaking rains.  I love it though, plans are never interrupted by rains.  Some years it seems to annoyingly rain every afternoon.

Never have to worry about changing outdoor plans due to rain or have to worry about what to wear.  No rubber Carhartt wetsuits on the mountain.

No mud, or soft slick ground.  Just easy travel on foot with the dog once again this evening up at the picnic tables.

652134341_June8.jpg.fc9fac0e4e8a46e023a92baa06392acb.jpg

You must be in really good shape considering the amount of times you scale that mountain. 

6 hours ago, DotRat_Wx said:

Heck no. When I first did media I didn't understand the business.

Took a few years off, realized I like behind the scenes.

I work both night and day side depending on the day. Manage about 7 reporters and 8 ibew photogs. Get to assign them based on guidance from the bosses, then we move them around as news breaks etc. Spend a lot of time on police scanners, phones, working leads, confirming information. It's pretty much the job I wanted a few years ago but didn't know it. Oh well, I found it now!

Thats just awesome Jay. I will keep my eyes and ears open for ya.

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

66.7°

A much needed 0.31” rain…not a lot, but it gets us by for a little bit. Good sleeping last night with the rain and window fans. 

Muggy AC on until tonight then its Cocadoodledewlessness as far as the weenie can see. Tomorrow looks epic

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, PhineasC said:

You must be in really good shape considering the amount of times you scale that mountain. 

8 hours ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

He’s taken

I believe Phineas was talking about the climbing companion in the photo. Chats with them are rewarding. As always …..

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

Whoosh

Meanwhile, a specter of a heat wave across California is formulating out there D6-10 that would best last August and reach deadly caliber if the trend doesn't "seasonalize".  Talking even coast, with 101 to 105 into the Bay Area down to L.A., with off-shore flow setting up under the highest solar max time of the year.  +24 to 31 C at 850, with d-slope winds compressing that to sea-level. 

Two words:  bake bread

Just bringing it up because we are [apparently] about to seesaw some rather extraordinary "hemispheric"-scaled anomaly layouts.  It's a different implication in my mind when 'Earth' is is doing the oscillating, not just some regional biases moving about - interesting